blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:30:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  GutShot ...any news?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GutShot ...any news?  (Read 841 times)
Spenny_007
Loughborough Poker

Loughborough Poker

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2006, 05:56:05 PM »

So any1 heard anything as i thought the court hearing was on the 10th?

Cheers Guys.

Darren.

Looking for a game and live near Loughborough? We play most weeks NL Freezeout £5-£10 buy in (10,000 chips) 5-10 players. Contact Darren&Claire  -  darren_859@msn.com  for more details.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 12:25:28 AM »

deferred

this is gone to take if not years many months

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 11:36:54 AM »

The law on gaming (in relation to poker clubs at least) will be relaxed before they reach a verdict imo.
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 03:14:59 PM »

If I read it right the deferral is on the decision to transfer the case to the Crown Court as opposed to the local magistrates court, so that it can be heard by a judge and more importantly a jury, rather than a Magistrate.

Would seem a sensible strategy , but the sharp end of that could be a judge can hand down a longer sentence, if there was a guilty verdict.

A long way to go yet before we even start "the trial".

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 04:48:37 PM »

My understanding is the charge is an "either way" offence, i.e. it can be tried in the Magistrates' or Crown Court. The case starts in the Magistrates' court and the bench have to decide whether it is one they could deal with or whether their sentencing powers are too limited and should go instead to the Crown Court. If they decide they do indeed have the power to deal with it a defendant can "elect" to have it heard in a Crown Court. It is understood that the defendant elected for the matter to go to the Crown Court.

If the matter is to be heard in the Crown Court the case is adjouned to allow the prosecution to get a "commital bundle" together to show to the Magistrates that there is indeed a case to answer. If satisfied the magistrates then "commit" the matter to the Crown Court for a "Pleas and Directions"hearing, this is how far the Gutshot care has got I believe.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: