blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:55:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  There and Back Again: A Punter's Tale by Matthew Harris
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There and Back Again: A Punter's Tale by Matthew Harris  (Read 146574 times)
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: September 30, 2014, 04:14:09 PM »

remove the s after http in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcdtVD8X1-A

and then put it in the you tube brackets from the menu above the posts

Tim Minchin is seriously over-rated. Carry on!

Ahh I get it Smiley Cheers Tighty! I'm afraid I've got a lot of love for Tim :p

Prefer early stuff to the later, more self-righteous stuff. Don't at all like the Religion bashing.
Storm, though, is a masterpiece.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 30, 2014, 11:38:20 PM »

I once saw an Australian version of Romeo and Juliet. One the particular line from the balcony scene has stayed with me ever since.

Duggie, Duggie, where the Devil are you Duggie?

LOL

The last Shakespear I saw at the theatre was a Russian production of The Tempest
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 01, 2014, 02:26:15 PM »

remove the s after http in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcdtVD8X1-A

and then put it in the you tube brackets from the menu above the posts

Tim Minchin is seriously over-rated. Carry on!

Ahh I get it Smiley Cheers Tighty! I'm afraid I've got a lot of love for Tim :p

Prefer early stuff to the later, more self-righteous stuff. Don't at all like the Religion bashing.
Storm, though, is a masterpiece.

Yh, that's a very good piece. Weird, but he is :p I've had the pleasure of seeing him live, he's worth it if you get the chance.

On a slightly different note (and credit to adrian for this), here's Ed Sheeran being a complete boss

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 01, 2014, 02:27:47 PM »

I once saw an Australian version of Romeo and Juliet. One the particular line from the balcony scene has stayed with me ever since.

Duggie, Duggie, where the Devil are you Duggie?

LOL

The last Shakespear I saw at the theatre was a Russian production of The Tempest

Last one I saw was "Twelfth Night" with Stephen Fry, great fun. Standing up for the whole thing can be a bit of a test though!

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 09, 2014, 10:05:13 PM »

Well, poker this week has been pretty up and down. I had been playing a fair few of the new spin n go things on stars, which really bring out the punter in me, and are a lot of fun. The hyper turbo format is pretty easy to play once you've spent some time with the charts, and I've also been using a program called Hold 'em Resources calculator which is absolutely brilliant. After having a reasonably in depth look at raise-calling/folding as opposed to just jamming ranges, I figured Sunday would be a good time to go for a proper grind session. Not being much of an online mtter, I figured I could deny the myth about it being possible to actually win at tournaments on a Sunday for a one time sng binge. Disaster doesn't quite cover it unfortunately, and the day ended after a relatively short time as comfortably my biggest online losing day. After being informed that the variance in these things is "fucking insane" and that it would take "86 years to realize your ROI", I think it's safe to say I'm going to stay away from them for the foreseeable future.

As for IRL stuff, I'm off to the Weber cup with my dad, brother and a bunch of our bowling friends for the weekend. For those who don't know (which I imagine will be everyone except Langley), the Weber cup is the bowling equivalent of the Ryder cup, where the best in Europe take on the best in America. This is always a massive piss up and a great weekend which I've been looking forward to for a while, and I'm heading up to Barnsley for the opening session tomorrow afternoon and a completely poker free weekend Cheesy

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 09, 2014, 10:35:48 PM »

Well, poker this week has been pretty up and down. I had been playing a fair few of the new spin n go things on stars, which really bring out the punter in me, and are a lot of fun. The hyper turbo format is pretty easy to play once you've spent some time with the charts, and I've also been using a program called Hold 'em Resources calculator which is absolutely brilliant. After having a reasonably in depth look at raise-calling/folding as opposed to just jamming ranges, I figured Sunday would be a good time to go for a proper grind session. Not being much of an online mtter, I figured I could deny the myth about it being possible to actually win at tournaments on a Sunday for a one time sng binge. Disaster doesn't quite cover it unfortunately, and the day ended after a relatively short time as comfortably my biggest online losing day. After being informed that the variance in these things is "fucking insane" and that it would take "86 years to realize your ROI", I think it's safe to say I'm going to stay away from them for the foreseeable future.

As for IRL stuff, I'm off to the Weber cup with my dad, brother and a bunch of our bowling friends for the weekend. For those who don't know (which I imagine will be everyone except Langley), the Weber cup is the bowling equivalent of the Ryder cup, where the best in Europe take on the best in America. This is always a massive piss up and a great weekend which I've been looking forward to for a while, and I'm heading up to Barnsley for the opening session tomorrow afternoon and a completely poker free weekend Cheesy

Top bowling score?  Assume you are decent if you going to watch that for the weekend.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 09, 2014, 10:59:37 PM »

Top bowling score?  Assume you are decent if you going to watch that for the weekend.

Watch? He's playing the bloody thing!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 09, 2014, 11:10:50 PM »

enjoy Smiley

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 09, 2014, 11:21:15 PM »

Does (Tim?) Mack still bowl? Seem to remember him in it when I used to watch the Weber cup on the telly. He had a wildly pronounced flick when he released IIRC

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 09, 2014, 11:54:05 PM »

299 is my best, which I've managed twice in the better part of five years of bowling, both last year. The first time was one of the most nerve wracking experiences ever. It was in the middle of a "friendly" tournament and everyone stopped playing to come watch. I was shaking so much, I would have needed to get very lucky to get the last strike :p

Haha I'm a long way from being that good, but one of the guys on the Europe team is a good friend of mine, and another guy I know really well will almost certainly be pushing for a place in the team in a few years. Makes the event a lot more special when you personally know the people competing.

Does (Tim?) Mack still bowl? Seem to remember him in it when I used to watch the Weber cup on the telly. He had a wildly pronounced flick when he released IIRC

Yh, he's still about. Still plays some of the big events, although he's had some injury problems and doesn't play for a living anymore. He coached/coaches the Bahrain team and has had some decent results with them recently, and runs some "mack attack" coaching clinics around the world. He's actually in England doing some of them at the moment, and will probably be watching/coaching at the Weber cup. I'll have a hunt for some videos in a bit and showcase some of the more entertaining styles about if people are interested :p

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 10, 2014, 12:00:58 AM »

299 is my best, which I've managed twice in the better part of five years of bowling, both last year. The first time was one of the most nerve wracking experiences ever. It was in the middle of a "friendly" tournament and everyone stopped playing to come watch. I was shaking so much, I would have needed to get very lucky to get the last strike :p

Haha I'm a long way from being that good, but one of the guys on the Europe team is a good friend of mine, and another guy I know really well will almost certainly be pushing for a place in the team in a few years. Makes the event a lot more special when you personally know the people competing.

Yh, he's still about. Still plays some of the big events, although he's had some injury problems and doesn't play for a living anymore. He coached/coaches the Bahrain team and has had some decent results with them recently, and runs some "mack attack" coaching clinics around the world. He's actually in England doing some of them at the moment, and will probably be watching/coaching at the Weber cup. I'll have a hunt for some videos in a bit and showcase some of the more entertaining styles about if people are interested :p

299 feck me!!!!  twice !  diff class son.  I would need the biggest hcap i have ever received to play you.  It's normally me given away the hcap starts not the other way around!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 10, 2014, 07:19:52 AM »

I was just about to unsubscribe - way too much Shakespeare bollox for me - until the enboldened part caught my eye.

These "Spin n go" things are immensely popular I gather. I read an industry report on Tuesday which claimed that last week, 'Stars cash traffic was down a monster 9% - almost unheaerd of except in weird circumstances - due to so many players switching to spin n go. No idea if the report was accurate, but the source is usually spot on.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 10, 2014, 12:41:01 PM »

These "Spin n go" things are immensely popular I gather. I read an industry report on Tuesday which claimed that last week, 'Stars cash traffic was down a monster 9% - almost unheaerd of except in weird circumstances - due to so many players switching to spin n go. No idea if the report was accurate, but the source is usually spot on.

I've been predominantly a cash player for a few years now, and I've certainly played a lot less cash in favour of spin n gos recently. All about the spin! I would change a few things about them though - I don't think there's any point to the first level (starting stack is 500, first level is 10/20). Especially when you get a small prizepool, I'd much rather have this level removed. People aren't playing them to sit and play pots, they're playing them for a spin and then to go all in! Maybe re-add this level for the bigger ones, but certainly the smaller ones take too long.

I'm definitely going to stay as a cash player, but I would certainly not be surprised if that report was accurate. All the proper punters will be all over the spin n gos, and all the tilted mtters who'd usually blow off steam throwing money away on zoom will now likely be switching too.

strak33

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 10, 2014, 04:48:33 PM »

Is it ok to link to another forum?

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/sne-launches-petition-against-spin-go-format-1480774/

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 10, 2014, 09:34:05 PM »

Never been to the Weber Cup but seen plenty of it on sky over the years.

Have played a few of those spin n gos, just the micros and just shove relentlessly..lol
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: