blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:32:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Sunday Mil BvB interesting spot
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sunday Mil BvB interesting spot  (Read 2201 times)
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 05:54:08 PM »

Not going to get into specific ranges, but as a rule of thumb pre ante I'm playing very few hands from the sb, even bvb.

There would need to be a specific dynamic for me to play  a 10k pot bvb @ 80 160 or whatever we are at.

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 06:02:19 PM »

If you have a solid image I wouldn't contemplate folding A6 bvb vs a tight oppo. For me it would go min raise and cbet but then check call mode when we bink the A. Don't think our tight oppo will take off with big booming bluffs and we will prob just need to call one bet. Winning a small pot is a good idea with this hand as it will be hard to win a big one.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 10:00:15 PM »

Pre is whatever there is no way opening can be a mistake but folding defo fine as well, you have on of the worst hands A6o really does play horrif OOP.

I'f fold the turn, yes he's repping abso nothing but he's a random in the million and he wont be bluffing with a p+gs or flush draw or something like that so he has to have floated the flop to raise the turn, if you think a random account is capable of doing that 1 for every three times he just has 33/44/77/56/A3/A4/A7 then you're defo leveling yourself.

Agree the river bet is big/polarizing and he might not even bet this big with A3/A4 now the flush hits/rarely has a flush himself so his value range is getting narrower and narrower but conserving your chips is so very important in this tournament there is no way getting stubborn with a pretty weak hand OOP against whats certainly an un-capped range is a profitable move imo.

Just fold the turn, save the chips and prevent yourself from having to make a rivier decision, which despite some pretty accurate poker theory applied to it, is really kind of guesswork.

JB would have c/r/3b/folded the turn though.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 10:22:22 PM »

im folding turn probs, defo river

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tron1ft8

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 10:34:01 PM »

folding preflop 95% of the time unless i have only got a couple of tables open and notice that the big blind is not a good player.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 10:59:45 PM »

3b turn? :p

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2013, 12:00:50 AM »

Fwiw fold pre is my option of choice too. Also like checking turn. As played fold turn. River is 100% fold.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2013, 01:10:58 AM »

Think betting the turn is 100% the play. hes never folding 7x but never betting it

WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 01:18:50 AM »

Just me who's fist-pump folding the turn like almost 100% vs a random here? I probs play it the same until then, but don't mind checking turn some %. Even if we do check-call the turn we're probs folding to a river bet? Pre-antes in the milli i'm just being a dirty nit (as I am during antes and whenever cards are dealt in my direction).
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 03:10:37 AM »

Just me who's fist-pump folding the turn like almost 100% vs a random here? I probs play it the same until then, but don't mind checking turn some %. Even if we do check-call the turn we're probs folding to a river bet? Pre-antes in the milli i'm just being a dirty nit (as I am during antes and whenever cards are dealt in my direction).

No I am also folding to turn raise without a second thought, altho turn 3b is pretty sexy I'm not trying it in the mill sry pleno. I do prefer checking turn personally but seems like that is unpopular so will perhaps reassess...
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 06:58:07 AM »

All looks fine to me, fold river. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
buffyslayer1

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2013, 11:57:39 AM »

Fold pre although everybody will disagree. If we do open then 2.6-8x > 2.0-2.3

folding pre is insanely nitty. I know your'e a decent player and you know that if we 3x here the BB has to defend redic wide for raise/fold not to be profitable with a really wide range.

Agree about sizing I would make it 3x here, I think the size chosed by OP is a huge error if villain is even semi competent. I would go a full 3x 80bb effective personally.

As played bet/fold turn. I would prefer betting to checking given there are plenty of draws in villains range to call you with that get value from and people don't believe you BvB anyway.

Edit: More I think about it the more I think checking turn is pretty terrible actually whether BB is a fish or a reg.

JustinSayne

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2013, 12:31:11 AM »

Fold > Shove > Call imo

Folding pre and folding turn too
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2013, 09:30:03 AM »

I'd not shove in the million.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: