blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:52:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273090 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Viva Las Vegas! A lone rangers blog!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Viva Las Vegas! A lone rangers blog!  (Read 51414 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 09, 2014, 02:42:12 PM »

wont be there, will be living vegas through your blog.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 11, 2014, 11:33:04 PM »

Good luck Mr Bubble, I remember your previous Vegas updates being excellent. Hope you run well enough to have a jacuzzi in your room by the end of trip (+ more hookers and blow than you know what to do with too, naturally)
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 14, 2014, 04:32:04 PM »

Day -1

So, here we go again! Its the day before the big event and it feels a pretty big day anyway starting with me watching the rugby this morning, cricket this afternoon while packing and then the football tonight. Im nearly all done with the life organisation (hotel confirmation printed, flight confirmation printed, esta printed blah blah blah!) and packing is currently 50% complete! Just need to find a bag and dump everything in it now. Here is the packing mid progress.

Click to see full-size image.

My plan is to get everything done sharpish so i can get showered and ready and off to the pub to watch the England game nice and early, tomorrow could be tough although only up at 8am to get to my flight for midday. I will arrive in Vegas about 3 ish and by the time ive got through immigration and to the hotel and all that farting around i imagine I will be good to go around 5pm Vegas time. Not to sure of my plans for tomorrow probably just some cash games until im tired, and an early night! Although im happy for that to be changed by any events going on in and around town. I will be checking into the Quad, and I have booked until Friday there and then I have booked in a Hilton from the following Tuesday so the Fri - Tue will depend on how well the first week goes to where i stay for that weekend, lets hope its the aria/bellegio and not under the motorway.

Im really raring to go as ive not played a hell of a lot of poker recently, a bit online which ive been doing ok on my blonde stake to take a bit more of a roll for that into Vegas which is nice but apart from that its just been work and friends really since ive moved back home after university. Which is good for me as ive not felt chips ruffling through my fingers or fresh cards on my fingers for a good few weeks now in preperation for 4 weeks solid of poker, with breaks for drinking/punting ofc! Last trip was very much "lone ranger" but this time around i plan for it to be a lot more social with loads of mates/brits out there so please feel free to invite me along to any shindigs you are attending if you are out there.

Will post tomorrow while im at the airport i suppose but here we go again Viva Las Vegas!!!

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 04:41:07 PM by BorntoBubble » Logged

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 14, 2014, 04:36:47 PM »

GLGL out there Callum will be reading with interest...

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 14, 2014, 04:47:04 PM »

Have fun mate, enjoy.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 14, 2014, 06:00:07 PM »

Safe flight Callum, hopefully we'll get to meet at some point over the next few weeks, and best of luck in the meantime!

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 15, 2014, 12:07:24 PM »

Wow the airport are trying hard to make me miss my flight! But I think I've just about made it! Details will follow on the other side!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 16, 2014, 12:02:02 AM »

Arrived, in a 18 mile queue at customs sigh.

Pretty tired will see when I get sorted at the hotel what I can be arsed doing maybe food and bed, probably good and some
Cash games! LEGO

"ace high"

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 16, 2014, 12:03:22 AM »

Arrived, in a 18 mile queue at customs sigh.

Pretty tired will see when I get sorted at the hotel what I can be arsed doing maybe food and bed, probably good and some
Cash games! LEGO

Welcome aboard.

Fold pre.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 16, 2014, 12:06:18 AM »

Food* not good!

90% of the time food corrects to good and I've no idea why. 99% of the time
I'm definiatly talking about food and not saying good anyway, silly iPhone!

"ace high"

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 16, 2014, 12:18:25 AM »

I'm on my way back, have a great trip

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 16, 2014, 12:41:30 AM »

I'm on my way back, have a great trip

Congrats on your score Simon hope you got the lot elsewhere as well shame I missed you would have been good to put a face to a screename!

"ace high"

Nilawina

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 16, 2014, 04:27:15 AM »

That queue was something else!!
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 16, 2014, 05:47:29 AM »

Day 1 – Not sure if im winning or losing!

So, here we go, had a good night in the pub last night back home – maybe a little to good. This morning I was rough I had also lumped on Japan when I was drunk and it was all going well when I fell asleep but not so good when I got up this morning! Anyway luckily enough I live 20 minutes from the airport so tried to leave as late as possible as I hate hanging around in airport especially when I know im sitting on a flight for 10 hours after. This was all going to plan apart from when I went to pick up my $$ from Travelex, I already had some $$ and have some on a cash card but the main bulk of my $$ was with Travelex. Anyway I managed to get little old lady all flustered and she was having a mare, this was fine as I had plenty of contingency time and it just meant I was gonna have to swerve some food on the way through. That was until she took over 30 minutes! Virgin gave me a fast track through security (every cloud) but then I get stopped. I carry eipipens and medicine as I have lots of food allergies pretty much never had an issue but today obviously I got mr bad mood. He took my piriton, turning down my requests to decant into a 100ml bottle as I need it and being pretty rude. I do find it ironic ive got 3 needles that they don’t care about and I have about 80 ml of piriton syrup that they are scared is going to be used as a weapon. Good one. Luckily boots had plenty of piriton in stock for me to re stock but still pain in the arse! Anyway through security no time for breakfast and straight into the queue at the gate, I wait till nearly last – whats the hurry to get on the plane which im going to be sat on for a million hours anyway? Then I get “randomly selected” for an extra security search, days going well, not! Anyway it was fine but further hassle I get on my flight finally and I have chosen to sit upstairs which I was happy with nice and quiet and apart from the space didn’t feel to dissimilar to premium economy service.

On the flight again I ran well, not, the flight was pretty quiet loads of seats around with just one person on but obviously my row is full, feels a bit weird moving to a row with another person on and if I was that person I would be pissed if id plan to get my feet up! So I got on with it, the guy and his missus who I sat next to were pretty nice anyway so every cloud and all that again. We got through many topics of discussion mainly gambling and football and that filled a few hours which was a bonus ball. I got 0 sleep and was very uncomfortable by the end, most long hauls I just fall asleep on but today nothing, nada, ziltch! So after queuing in immigration zzzz, queuing at customs zzzzz, declaring my dollars, queuing for a taxi blah blah blah I reached the hotel at 5 ish and obviously queued at reception. I tried the $20 in the passport “Can I have an upgrade pleaseee” but it was going nowhere, she wanted another $50 a night for a much bigger room which the only benefit to me really would have been a fridge. Seems a bit excessive for a fridge and as im in bowlly mc bowl town for the first week best to keep it cheap. After checkin, you guessed it another queue for the lifts, in the queue were 2 groups of rowdy American girls. On the positive side they were scantaly clad and not to bad on the eye, but after 12 hours travelling I just wanted somke quiet. Why to Americans not find lifts awkward? They just want to talk, I don’t get it, lifts are for awkward silences not general chit chat.

Anyway enough of the life story! Nipped down for some poker, ended up at the venetian after id grabbed some food just lost a buy in on 1/3 and moved on in my life. Nothing much to report, I got it in on 4d8djx9d with Jd10x and he had KKd. We did not get there! Was super tired and just thought best to swerve a reload and be ready for tomorrow. I went for a wander, no pool here at the quad so went to check out the flamingo pool which we can use and it looks ok so may pop down there in the morning if im up early. We will see, on the way back to my room I thought I best grab some waters, $2.50 from the shop, no thank you ill get them while I gamble. So I sit for $100 on craps so I can get a few bottles of water for a couple of $$ tip rather than pay shop prices, punters logic at its best. Anyway went on a good roll and managed to win $200 and nearly cover my poker losses and I got my bottles of water as well! Winner winner.

So its 9:30 now im shattered and going to sleep ive lasted long enough and probably will be up at 5am or something daft. We will see, oh and I chose strip view, good choice I have an all night bar outside my room she did warn me on check in but ive lived in a city centre for 3 years on a main road and not struggled we will see how I get on here! Its loud!

Tomorrow I will have some more photos and less blabbering, not sure of my plan yet maybe an aria or PH comp. Might pop down to the rio, we will see!

"ace high"

teamonkey

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 16, 2014, 06:52:15 AM »

Very

Very

VERY

Jealous!!

Loving all the vegas diaries, keep this one running, and join teeks in some ripping of new ones!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: