blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:26:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273087 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Viva Las Vegas! A lone rangers blog!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Viva Las Vegas! A lone rangers blog!  (Read 51412 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 16, 2014, 06:54:17 AM »

Give your maid some money and ask nicely for some extra water.

Also, $20 for a better room? Cheapskate! I got a $30 a night upgrade for 13 nights for $100. All about the Benjamins:

Or maybe the Pentiums...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 17, 2014, 07:49:52 PM »

Day 2 - Bubble by name, bubble by nature!

So body clock mashed. Woke at 5am, delayed moving from my room till 6.30 where i went downstairs for breakfast but there was a cash game running here so i decided to hop in that. Ended up about $100 up nothing to shout about after a couple of hours of play and i decided to go for a wander but in the general direction of Planet Hollywood where i would be playing there $200 11am comp. I stopped for "breakfast" in a restaurant at the PH after really struggling to find food that i could eat. I have an egg allergy and every breakfast product seems to come with eggs here. Not to bad i ordered a potato skins starter and some broccoli, needed something healthy! This started contained 7 potato skins and was far more than any normal starter size would contain in the UK. I managed to finish it but i was stuffed, like the skins. Anyway after this i headed up for the comp, nice big room at PH for the comps and this comp had a really good structure i managed to finish 20th with 18 paid and $10k up top Sad made a mistake not jamming pre and deciding to peel with KQ i may have lost anyway but i blame the mistake on being really tired! On the way back to the hotel i decided to have a little punt and a drink before bed and obviously lost what i won the night before. Not a good day, but not brutal by any stretch of the imagination. Just frustrating to bubble as I felt like i was in good shape all comp and was happy with my play throughout.

Just as i got back to my hotel room and into bed got a message from Tal asking if i fancied going to skrillex. I really would have loved to but i was on a downer after punting money off, bubbling and being all round knackered! Sigh. Id imagine if id have cashed everything would have been different! Anyway.

Today we move onto the Rio. Hopefully win the daily deepstack, that would do nicely!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 18, 2014, 01:01:58 AM »

Wow, the rio really has took my breath away! Been loving wandering around here this afternoon and now I'm sat in the daily $235 if I can win this it would really top off the day! Here's a little snap I took of the amazon room (i think)

Photo to come later, cannot get photo bucket to work!

There's the pavilion room where they have the final table stages - looks the dogs bollocks would be lovely to be up there some time this trip and another room the Brasilia with again more tables will try get some more snaps later! I think I'm going to book in here for the weekend, playing a braclet event on Sunday so seems like a good excuse to be here!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 18, 2014, 07:13:15 AM »

Hope you have a great time and win the lot Callum ....
Great read already !

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 18, 2014, 09:41:44 AM »

Hope there are no updates because you're crushing mate!

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 18, 2014, 10:58:29 AM »

My fault. Apologies. Was putting the world to rights over a diet coke. Thread due to return to normality shortly.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 18, 2014, 11:00:19 AM »

My fault. Apologies. Was putting the world to rights over a diet coke. Thread due to return to normality shortly.

Haha, how long do you have left Tal?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 18, 2014, 11:09:58 AM »

In Vegas? Head home at the weekend.

Callum's challenge is to describe the day without using the expression:

"And Tal then says 'Listen, son, I've been round the block a few times and take it from me...'"

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 18, 2014, 12:13:24 PM »

In Vegas? Head home at the weekend.

Callum's challenge is to describe the day without using the expression:

"And Tal then says 'Listen, son, I've been round the block a few times and take it from me...'"

Just enough time left to get your EDC fix in then Grin

I'll await the results of Callum's challenge with interest.

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 18, 2014, 07:26:52 PM »

Latest I've got up so far on the trip, so if one thing for certain Tal helped me sleep better! Take that in whatever way you want, not sure of my plans today if I can be bothered shortly I will write up a short summary of yesterday that concluded with

Steak
Countdown
Gambling

"ace high"

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 20, 2014, 10:45:33 PM »

Probably time for an update!

So firstly poker. Im crap - ok done with that?

ive bricked every comp, cash has gone very bad and i even decided to take a punt at a 1 table sat today and was out 3rd hand set over set. MARV. I am trying to keep my head up though its been less than a week and its only money right? Today I will win the rio daily and all will be forgotten and I will be having a bath with Benjamin's while hookers dance around my room. We can all hope right?

Away from the poker tables, for my sins, ive been spending a few days with Tal. Crossed path's at the rio on Tuesday and ended up trying (and failing) to go to a nice steakhouse in the aria. Unfortunately we arrived at about 11.30 and it shut at 11, sigh. So we got ourselves off to the cafe at the aria instead but still ended up with steak so its not all bad and it was good. Staff were not the best, they couldn't understand Tal and we were 99% sure they never asked him how he wanted his steak cooked and im sure the waiter just managed to luck box that he wanted it medium. Anyway after steak we put the world to right, discussing life and times with Tal. I always thought he was a bit of a twat, but hes all right really. Now i know he is just a "lucky twat". Sits on slots on just binks the world every time while i do my brains. He's going home tomorrow which is good for me as I think hes a bad luck omen. Can not win a bean with him around so will be good to get rid and release him back to TFT.

A few more British "hero's" arrived yesterday so will maybe having some "adventures" with those guys over the next few days depending on how things go.

Ive moved into the Rio now from the quad - thoughts on the quad. It was good for the money cheap and cheerful didn't have any issues, bill came to less than i thought after they knocked me off $25 in comps which was good. I couldn't bare to pay the incredible fees they were wanting this weekend though due to EDC so i have relocated to the rio. Check in at 4 but hopefully wont have to check in till much later if i can last in the deepstack! Unfortunately the hotel reception is quite a distance from the convention center so dont think im gonna be able to disappear, check in, check my room and get back in a 20 minute break will need closer to an hour. Plan for the next few days (until Tuesday) is to stay around the RIO, im staying here so i figured i may as well play here and then see what happens after that. Hopefully i will be on the final of the $1k bracelet event by then, heres hoping! So that brings me on to the WSOP im still amazed by the place, how many tables with countless numbers of players playing all day every day. Every game under the sun going on here and such a good atmosphere. I would love to know the ratio of good beat to bad beat stories told in these corridors. The vendors that have stands in the corridors must get bored shitless of hearing. I had AA and he called me with xx and he got there on the river hes such a fucking ********. Id quite happily walk around here for days i find myself just entering different rooms and standing there and stareing and i really can not wait for me to be one of the players at the tables playing a bracelet event. Or possibly the guy that gets up on the final table with the stands around it, it would be just awesome. Anyway we can all but dream right?

So today its back to the rio deepstack, then room check in, then we will see depending on what time we are on. Im just about to check my phone to see if i have any good photos for the blog!

"ace high"

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 20, 2014, 10:55:02 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

"ace high"

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 20, 2014, 10:58:54 PM »

Beer pong, for thouse that have not played it/ heard of it. It's a game where you put beer in cups and try and land a ping pong ball in the cups in simple terms.

It seems big here in Vegas loads of bars having their own competitions and beer pong having it's own section in supermarkets! Incredible really I'm sure the game developed at a college/ UNi halls where some lads will have had some cups beer and ping pong balls and decided to play. And now people pay entry fees into comps to play out here in Vegas. There not as hardcore as us though, you need dirty drinks (several shots mixed into one glass etc) just beer is too easy!

"ace high"

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 21, 2014, 11:42:39 AM »

How much did you get the Rio for this weekend, Callum?

The only reason I didn't come out before it was that the Golden Nugget wanted $800 for 19/20/21...

Hope your luck turns now that the bok has left!

I like the idea of vodkapong myself, as I'm not that much of a beer drinker anymore.

Good luck mate.

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 22, 2014, 08:42:13 AM »

How much did you get the Rio for this weekend, Callum?

The only reason I didn't come out before it was that the Golden Nugget wanted $800 for 19/20/21...

Hope your luck turns now that the bok has left!

I like the idea of vodkapong myself, as I'm not that much of a beer drinker anymore.

Good luck mate.

I think its cost $700 for 4 nights from Friday thats including all taxes, fees but excluding the room service i decisided to order and not finish last night when i got in after a few shandys....

So yesterday I down tools on the poker. Its not been going great so far can not book a winning session/ day/ hand. Last night I "hit the town" with Alex, Stato and Fred after getting a message from Stato asking if i wanted to join them to go out, but not out out, he was driving so just a few drinks and then back to the rio. Alex was ill, and this was probably a saving grace as after a few strawberry daiquiris this quiet one nearly turned into a night out be we ended up in that "middle ground" to many drinks to drive back, but not enough enthusiasm for a night out. Jack Allen joined us later after he made day two at the venetian and we had a few more beers while "punting" house games. It went ok i won a little and ended up quite drunk as the girls seemed to come round very quickly with the drinks. Almost two quick but thats not really possible to be too quick when its a dollar a drink.

Today i woke up a little worse for ware but nothing to drastic, I mooched around the Rio for a bit  listened to statos bad beat stories and alex's run good stories, before hitting the sun lounger with Fred for the afternoon while the other played the $1.5k. There was some great sights around the pool that kept me and fred very entertained. Loud music, expensive drinks and good looking women. Its not all bad this vegas life, it was hot very hot but i think i have managed to fade burning. After Stato and Deadman busted the 1.5k we headed to the strip shoala, jack and ludo had a break in thier respective Venetian comps so we joined them for some tea at the Venetian before heading out to be tourists on the Vegas strip. We wandered up and down the strip watching the bellgio fountains, a few street acts and trying to watch the show at TI which has now ceased to exist much to the disappointment of stato. Although we did manage to wander into a bar their (Senor frogs?) which had some karaoke on that almost tempted stato to dust of the cobwebs of his singing career but not quite. We managed to land a table in senor frogs next to a wedding reception. Yes, 10-15 guests sat around a table in just your run of the mill very average (at best) bar in vegas. Not my cup of tea but meh, its Vegas. While we were sat there someone chose a song on karoke that i had never heard before, it first talked about domestic violence and resulted in the wife murdering her husband, it was a very cheery song in fact im going to try and find it now on youtube...

starting by googling "American songs about domestic violence." And found it!

So yeah picture the scene. Women in her wedding dress, on the happiest day of her life, with that song playing over the karaoke, only in Vegas.

After this we returned to the Rio to see how alex was getting on and indulge in some more punting on house games, this lasted approx 20 mins before we all busted and returned to our rooms. It was pretty wank, but good to get an early night before my 1st big event tomorrow, the $1k WSOP event. It will be my first WSOP braclet event and im really looking forward to it, im all registered and will have not picked up some poker cards (apart from 3 card poker at PH Wink) in 2 days, so should be nice and fresh again. Lets hope tomorrow night im posting that ive made day 2 with lots of chips!

"ace high"

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: