blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:01:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  A Las Vegas Stag Do
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Las Vegas Stag Do  (Read 10266 times)
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2015, 06:48:02 PM »

The 1-BDR will have one king bed.  Two Queens is not an option.  (There may be a joke in there somewhere..)

So it doesn't work out a very good option to go balla in a Penthouse and then end up spooning with someone, and having to climb over someone sprawled out in the living area on the sofa or a rollaway bed.

So for balla, 2-BDR suite = 1 guy in 1 bedroom, 1 guy in the other bedroom.  1-BDR suite = 1 guy in it, everyone else gtfo.

To answer the occupancy side of things, I think 4 to a room is the limit for fire regs.  However, you can check in, declare 2 people in the room and ask for 4 keys.  The maids will obviously see what is going on, but as long as you look after them, aren't causing a disturbance that needs investigating.. you could in theory have more than that in the room.  Twin room, then after checking in, call down and ask for a rollaway bed to be delivered.  Could now sleep 5, and more if someone was so busto they didn't mind the floor....  As always, being reasonable about these things goes a long way.

And yes, for a short trip, go direct AINEC
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 06:49:44 PM by Simon Galloway » Logged

Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2015, 10:57:19 AM »

Got some good planning done this weekend.

We were also supposed to be going to get fitted for suits. The groom, in his infinite wisdom, decided to ring the wedding shop an hour before to check we could come rather than booking in advance. Rookie mistake.

At the moment, the last week of April looks very appealing. Can get 5 nights in the Mirage with direct flights, two to a room, for roughly £930. Resort fee included. Hoping to work around everybody's diaries and get flights booked in the next 10 days.

I am spending all of this week working down at the BETT show in London. It’s a really excellent show focussing on how technology should be used in education. Sir Bob Geldolf kicks things off tomorrow morning, I don’t think he is much of an educationalist but am sure he will be emotive. I am most looking forward to getting some time with Ken Robinson. He is such a great speaker with some interesting ideas on how we educate our children. The below is his most well-known talk, it really is worth a watch.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2015, 05:28:36 PM »

Last week in April this year is by far the cheapest I have come across for Hotels, hence why I am also in Vegas then
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2015, 01:33:48 PM »

Still nothing booked as of yet, trying to get everyone free on the same date is challenging.

Do Virgin always have an Easter sale? Had a quick look last night and the non sale prices don't look too bad on certain dates.

Spent the last week in Nuremberg at the International Toy Fair. Lots of good beer and even better meat. Reminds me of Bruges, such a beautiful little city.

Click to see full-size image.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2015, 02:50:53 PM »

The sales are a guessing game, unfortunately... Have organised a few stags myself, so I feel your pain!

What I did, is sort out some dates which fitted for the most important guests, and set those in stone. If you could make it great, if not, see you on the mini do, the night before the wedding Smiley

I've never done all that much travelling around Europe, beyond a few stag trips, and some poker jaunts, in which I saw nada!

Nuremberg sounds decent, but you can't really go wrong with good food and alcohol Smiley

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2015, 08:47:26 PM »

Still nothing booked as of yet, trying to get everyone free on the same date is challenging.

Do Virgin always have an Easter sale? Had a quick look last night and the non sale prices don't look too bad on certain dates.

Spent the last week in Nuremberg at the International Toy Fair. Lots of good beer and even better meat. Reminds me of Bruges, such a beautiful little city.

Sounds good. Were you there for business or pleasure?
Are you a collector or trader?
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2015, 09:41:38 AM »

Business.

I work in the world of education resources so just hunting for new ideas and generally keeping up with what the industry is up to. All the really big boys are there – the likes of Mattel, Hasbro etc. The halls are full of hoards of grown adults cooing over the latest Fireman Sam doll or some new Frozen merchandise. These things have a tendency to feel a bit like an old boys club, everybody on the plane out knows each other, I really don’t like the networking side of these types of events but it’s a necessary evil.

It’s actually a great show to just wander around as a consumer. Something like 24 miles if you want to walk the lot though so sturdy shoes required.

Off down to Hereford later on today. Thankfully can liven it up with a picturesque stop in Ross on Wye.
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2015, 01:56:53 PM »

Finally booked.

7 nights from 27th June until the 4th July. 4 of us, two rooms,  two queens in each room at the Mirage, direct flights with BA for a total of £1,047 each.

Seems like a decent enough deal and prices have soared since we booked. Not ideal dates wise as will be insanely hot but should still be great. Really looking forward to it and can get planning now.

Tempted to play the WSOP – am there for a $1K and a $777 but I guess I should give it a miss and stay with the group. Will probably just play some cash at some point. Will have to get along to the Rio for a bit just to take in the atmosphere.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: