blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:50:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Add Ons
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Add Ons  (Read 7555 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2005, 01:24:05 PM »

Furthermore there comes a point say when you have no chips, have had a few buyins, theres 20 minutes left, others have plenty of chips when you are  going to do a lot of dough relative to your original buyin chasing marginal hands in order to have a stack post buyin period.
It takes discipline, but think about getting up and trying another night.

Baron, this is the point I was trying to make too. If you are buying 1k a time and 8 others on your table have 10k each, funded substantially by you...look at the realistic probabilities of that extra rebuy paying off for you

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2005, 01:30:50 PM »

Junior makes an excellent point about the chips on YOUR table. If the starting stack in a comp was 1000 and almost the entire table has stacks or 8k or 9k I don't see much point in a top up.

I see your point. In my paragraph here though I was talking about you having 9k as well as the rest of the table.
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2005, 01:33:00 PM »

I have a set amount of rebuys for any tournament, if i haven't used it up i will add on aswell unless i have monster chips.

I sometimes just accept it and walk away if it has been a rebuy frenzy and average stack is say 10k at a table, rebuying for 1k at that point just seems like a huge longshot, i don't have enough chips to play aggressively and i pretty much have to win the 1st pot i enter on a showdown as i am unlikely to be able to push anyone out of a pot.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2005, 01:39:57 PM »

I always look at it as if I've just walked in off the street, ie, Do I want to spend x amount for x amount of chips at THIS point?, anything that has happened before that point is irrelevant

The older I get, the better I was.
dan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2005, 02:10:43 PM »

i must admit i normally add on. the last rebuy i played in was a satellite for the £300 double chance at walsall. i deceided before how much i would spend on rebuys and would not exceed that. at the end ofthe rebuy period i was lucky enough not to rebuy so i took an add on. i was also lucky enough to win a seat. i might of won it for the original £10 entry but it cost me £20 instead which i was more than happy with. so i guess my logig is if you have not done your budget in the rebuy period why not add on
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2005, 02:27:15 PM »

Playing online on stars i will always rebuy straight away - whatever the buy in to give myself as many chips or more chips than the rest of the table and i will always add on regardless of how many chips i have at the end of the rebuy period. Just recently i was playing a $50 rebuy on stars when at the end of the rebuy period i had $40k in chips for just my original entry + instant rebuy (we had 3 players on out table who were just going all in every hand), the 2nd place chip stack had $21k and the 3rd had $16k. 4 of the 5 chip leaders were at our table but i still added on much to the surprise of many observers. i made the final table easily enough but having taken a beat during the final table became the short stack when we got down to 5 handed - luckily i still had enough chips to fight back and ended up winning the 1st prize of $5.4k. As i said to many of the observers - "You never know when the extra chips will come in handy."

When i comes to playing live however its very rare i will add on when playing a small £10 or £20 at the circus or grosvenor as the number of chips given for the add on is small in comparison to the average chip stacks at the table but if playing an event during a festival where the add-ons are a large percentage of chip stack size then i will always take it.

sponsored by Fyffes
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2005, 03:03:45 PM »

hehehe, i know what the camel would reply to that post of yours  Grin

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2013, 08:34:15 AM »

Bump

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: