blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:50:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Pokersnowie
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokersnowie  (Read 1851 times)
jjandellis
« on: June 11, 2013, 07:18:37 PM »

This was posted up on deucescracked a week ago and the debate (not read all yet) has run to 35 pages already!

A Game Theory Optimal (GTO) Model app.

Has anyone heard of this before or what it has done to supposedly 'revolutonise' backgammon?

http://www.pokersnowie.com/about/birth.html
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 11:20:45 PM »

I absolutely love stuff like this.

Chess might not be solved in our lifetime but the best computers are now far stronger than the best players. It is no threat whatsoever to the game; most of the top players base their game on computer research and all of them have a number of engines at their disposal.

I've been caught on this game theory stuff before (read a couple of books but that's as much as I've done): would GTO mean looking for a Nash equilibrium or should it depend on the playing style of the opponent? Can GTO be linked to the opponent or is this precisely why it is distinct from the unexploitable strategy?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: