blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:18:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Cheltenham Offers Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Offers Thread  (Read 6881 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2013, 11:37:52 AM »

Can't see it on the card but in my messages on Hills, there's an ad saying they're 6/1 on Sir Des Champs.  Still 4/1 on my card at the moment.

I reserched this earlier Graham, as I got the same message overnight.

1) It is via Mobile ONLY. Not a problem for most, but it must be that way.

2) The e-Mail said "from 0830 Friday", but the Site says "from Noon Friday".

Guess there is no harm in going on at 12.   Even though I think the horse is a bit disappointing, obviously 6/1 is a fine bet, with betfair at .  Not sure why Hills seem to hate money so much.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2013, 11:39:14 AM »

Can't see it on the card but in my messages on Hills, there's an ad saying they're 6/1 on Sir Des Champs.  Still 4/1 on my card at the moment.

I reserched this earlier Graham, as I got the same message overnight.

1) It is via Mobile ONLY. Not a problem for most, but it must be that way.

2) The e-Mail said "from 0830 Friday", but the Site says "from Noon Friday".

Guess there is no harm in going on at 12.   Even though I think the horse is a bit disappointing, obviously 6/1 is a fine bet, with betfair at .  Not sure why Hills seem to hate money so much.

Yes, at 6/1, we don't really have a choice. I expect we will be limited to £10 or £15, but we'll do it.

The Bookies have had a magnificent week, the % of favourites winning was low, & they've all made a packet, though some of the Offers must have hurt, especially at Coral.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 11:40:47 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2013, 11:41:51 AM »

i think the fact the s sacre offer seemed to crash the coral website/phone for best part of a day would have cost them the most

somebody somewhere getting a serious bollocking methinks
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2013, 11:48:48 AM »

i think the fact the s sacre offer seemed to crash the coral website/phone for best part of a day would have cost them the most

somebody somewhere getting a serious bollocking methinks

They were unable to pay out the Sacre bet on the day, or most of the following day, so you can imagine the grief they got via Customer Support, & of course the whole idea of the Promotion was lost.

Painful.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2013, 12:13:57 PM »

logged on at 12.  No .

Just read this on twitter from William Hill.

News that Sunnyhillboy is a non-runner in the Gold Cup means we've had to pull the 6/1 about Sir Des Champs earlier than we wanted to. Sorry

They wrote it 3 hours ago but I missed it.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2013, 12:14:00 PM »

The William Hill Priority Offer (MAY be Mobile Only) is up now - Sir Des Champs @ 6/1.

I was limited to £10.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2013, 12:14:22 PM »

logged on at 12.  No .

News that Sunnyhillboy is a non-runner in the Gold Cup means we've had to pull the 6/1 about Sir Des Champs earlier than we wanted to. Sorry

!

I just got it!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2013, 12:15:23 PM »

See.....

Single To Win

Sir Des Champs win only - PRIORITY PRICE @ 6/1Limited AvailabilityOpen
Sir Des Champs to win the Gold Cup 3:20 Chelt - PRIORITY PRICE - 15/03/13
Stake: £10.00Potential Returns: £70.00

I placed the bet via the App, on Mobile.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2013, 12:16:12 PM »

logged on at 12.  No .

!

I just got it!

So did I, must have been a minute too early.  £10 max

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2013, 12:17:50 PM »

William Hill Online‏@williamhillNews
#PriorityPrice has gone already. Sorry if you missed out but we just sold all 5000 bets in five minutes

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2013, 12:30:38 PM »

Worth checking your email for this from betfair.

Get up to £200 refunded on your Cheltenham Gold Cup Day net losses when you bet on the Exchange today.
1. Opt in
2.Bet on the Exchange on races at the Cheltenham Festival on 15/03/2013 and if you accumulate a loss over the day, we will refund 25% of your net losses, up to £200*.

I don't know if it is general or just for mugs like me.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2013, 01:03:51 PM »

Get up to £200 refunded on your Cheltenham Gold Cup Day net losses when you bet on the Exchange today.
1. Opt in
2.Bet on the Exchange on races at the Cheltenham Festival on 15/03/2013 and if you accumulate a loss over the day, we will refund 25% of your net losses, up to £200*.

obv just mugs Smiley

I got a similar offer for yesterday at chelt, so they are prob giving all the mugs a day of refunds.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2013, 01:05:40 PM »

I haven't read all pages but I know that if you bet on Racing Post app and horse comes second you get a free bet.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2013, 02:00:22 PM »

Will hill 4/1 Bobs Worth on mobile.  Go go

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2013, 11:21:11 AM »

1. Opt in

Two more notes on this that should be useful if anybody else gets the offer.

1.  They didn't include my ante post bets on the Gold Cup.  Worth noting for next time.

2.  I bet a couple of horses to make my total position including ante post as about £200.  I think the optimum use of this offer is just back one horse to win for £200 on the nose.  I don't think the price matters too much, but short prices reduce variance.  If you back one horse at 6/4 for example.  If it wins you get £300.  If it loses you lose £200, but you get 25% back, so your loss is only £150.  So the end result is that you get 2/1 (£300/£150) about a 6/4 horse.  Allowing for small overounds and commission you still have a healthy long run ROI (10% or so) on this bet.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: