blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:41:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Learning Centre (Moderators: Longy, JungleCat03)
| | | |-+  Jennifear Push/Fold Chart
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jennifear Push/Fold Chart  (Read 162246 times)
jjandellis
« on: March 18, 2013, 09:49:12 PM »

Somehow I've never seen this before:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiRCAFDKL6fIdHE0QWt5elZMUkU4YzVrSlBVZk5EMFE&hl=en_US#gid=3

But I notice it is a few years old now.  But what I do notice is that it is somewhat looser on shoving than I am. I must admit I'm probably more inline with Harrington with shorty shoving ranges!!!!!

Are these ranges still current - or should I be looser/tighter??
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 10:21:09 PM »

Like yourself I don't think I have ever seen this either.
Had a quick glance and i'm pushing way looser with sod all BBs than what the charts suggest
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 07:00:33 AM »

It is a nash chart and assumes you and all your opponents are playing perfectly against each other's ranges
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 11:09:55 AM by MC » Logged

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 11:09:26 AM »

I have no idea what Harrington shoving ranges are.

Remember any chart is just a guide because every single shove will be dependant on villain's stack sizes and calling ranges

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 11:14:34 AM »

It is a nash chart and assumes you and all your opponents are playing perfectly against each other's ranges

For pushing surely it doesn't matter what they do?

I have a similar chart based on Ms rather than BBs and antes of various sizes which gives the same info in a much simpler format.

The M chart is from

http://www.tournamentpokeredge.com/tpe-member-duggs-hand-history-review-part-1/#comments

and can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B79VmReXwhagc1FMQVNzWVYxajA/edit?pli=1

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 02:28:24 PM by doubleup » Logged
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 08:35:44 PM »

Thanks guys, so u reckon Harrington shoving ranges still good? Or widen them a bit?
Put the chart or a link to it up so we can see. If you say its tighter than the Nash one then you probs need to loosen up a bit. Oppo dependant etc etc
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 10:59:38 PM »

Level?? ??

You think you can shove the same against nitty fish who fold A9 when they shouldn't as you can against good regs who call with Q5s when they should?

lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 11:13:07 PM »

What MC said.

If people are folding too often the cut off stack size for jamming any two say SB vs BB increases.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 10:39:54 AM »

Level?? ??

You think you can shove the same against nitty fish who fold A9 when they shouldn't as you can against good regs who call with Q5s when they should?

hmmm obv you play these things a lot more than me but I thought that (ignoring bubble situations.) the whole point about gto is that if someone calls too wide or too tight they will have lost when the dust settles. 

The reads would only really apply from the button or sb anyway and seeing as the gto push with 9m sb vs bb is 54% of hands and every time you are called too light you win, do you want to give up that edge?  Also I thought the whole point of using gto ranges is you don't need to adjust or care about anyone else adjusting.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 11:11:31 AM »

What MC said.

If people are folding too often the cut off stack size for jamming any two say SB vs BB increases.

I might be persauded to do that if it wasn't going to lead to being exploited by the tight opponent adjusting.  5m sb vs bb is a push with 70% according to the chart so for the amount of times its going to occur, its not a deal breaker.
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 11:18:36 AM »

If you are jamming nash, and your opponents are calling too tight, then you have also lost money by not shoving wider than nash.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 11:45:38 AM »

If you are jamming nash, and your opponents are calling too tight, then you have also lost money by not shoving wider than nash.

The problem with that as a general statement is that unless you are in a situation where you can push 100% vs this tight opponent (prob 5m or less sb vs bb), the adjustment has to be marginal, isn't it better to stick to a formula where you must win if your opponents don't call perfectly vs your range?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 11:48:20 AM by doubleup » Logged
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 01:14:29 PM »

charts are for virgins
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 07:39:17 PM »

My position iss that you can use the chart from anywhere, others seem to think that you can vary depending on who has to act, I don't really agree.

SubZERO

FINISH HIM!!!!! Babality

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 08:39:04 PM »

Using the chart exactly as is will mean you are making unexploitable plays against other people assuming they are also playing correctly. As soon as they deviate then you must adjust/deviate also or its costing you money. It doesnt really matter how marginal it is or not... losing money is losing money.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: