blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:17:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The Irish Open thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Irish Open thread  (Read 6937 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2013, 01:12:28 AM »

Now doing exercises in front of his bird after winning 3 mill pot
has he won the sole survivor yet Wrighty?

Anderson was the sole survivor Herbie...

I thought he played really well today from what I saw, he knew how good Anderson was and didn't get into an ego war with him.

Obv ran well, but who is gonna win the tourney without doing so and epic scenes before the presentation!

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2013, 09:49:16 AM »

Ian Simson tilted after losing a big pot shoved with j10 v qq flopped a set, keeps smiling at his missus and rubbing the octupuss card protector, he will never win this imo

Ian Simpson won the Irish Open, amidst both riotous and touching scenes as he proposed to his girlfirend on stage. She accepted.

Click to see full-size image.

Jen Mason's report is masterful. Simply too good lol

http://paddypowerpokerblog.wordpress.com/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2013, 02:12:07 PM »

Ian was Sole Survivor last year and as part of that got a free seat. He was obliged to wear the gear this year but wasn't in the Sole Survivor again. The winner of that was Calvin Anderson.

I really enjoyed watching Ian. He really wore his heart on his sleeve, was happy to play the rush when it was going well, seemed to be having fun and seems like a really nice guy. Some people said he was pretty erratic and unconventional - I think he played really well. He isn't a professional player - he's a teacher, although that may have just changed.

I'm told his blog is great and the scenes at the end were lovely.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2013, 02:30:12 PM »

Ian was Sole Survivor last year and as part of that got a free seat. He was obliged to wear the gear this year but wasn't in the Sole Survivor again. The winner of that was Calvin Anderson.

I really enjoyed watching Ian. He really wore his heart on his sleeve, was happy to play the rush when it was going well, seemed to be having fun and seems like a really nice guy. Some people said he was pretty erratic and unconventional - I think he played really well. He isn't a professional player - he's a teacher, although that may have just changed.

I'm told his blog is great and the scenes at the end were lovely.

I read he quit teaching after last years bink, congrats to him anyways, wal etc etc.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2013, 06:44:11 PM »

Ian is a really nice guy and I think he plays a lot better than most people on this forum seem to think. He had a tough seat draw with Anderson two to his left but didn't let that affect him. He took a year off from teaching to play the buyins he won from the sole survivor package that he won last year, but says he never wants to give it up completely. Calvin is a great player and will surely win a big live tournament sometime soon if he keeps playing live.

The marriage proposal had all the female dealers crying and it made a great story! Very happy for Ian and Emma, a worthy winner!
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2013, 07:08:27 PM »

Ian is a really nice guy and I think he plays a lot better than most people on this forum seem to think. He had a tough seat draw with Anderson two to his left but didn't let that affect him. He took a year off from teaching to play the buyins he won from the sole survivor package that he won last year, but says he never wants to give it up completely. Calvin is a great player and will surely win a big live tournament sometime soon if he keeps playing live.

The marriage proposal had all the female dealers crying and it made a great story! Very happy for Ian and Emma, a worthy winner!

Most people on the forum ?

Two people made negative comments itt, meh who cares, I'm sure he doesn't.

Seemed like a nice guy from the interview I read.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2013, 07:32:32 PM »

who cares if you play good when you can just run good.

learn from him monda, win us all moneys then get yourself down to maccydsssssssss!
Foxy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2013, 10:20:38 PM »

Thanks for the GLs (blow up for me again). Happy Ian won I agree with Channing he was a real nice guy and seemed to play great. Also UL to Ian on the badbeat he suffered after the tourney had finished it can only be mental fatigue.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2013, 10:41:29 PM »

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2013, 11:28:43 PM »

Super-fab article by Jen Mason.

Anytime a well placed semicolon makes an appearance, I get a bit giddy.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
pauld
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2013, 01:17:12 AM »

Any idea who lasted longer out of surinder sunar and barney boatman, paddy power still not settled the bet.  Read surinder made day 3 then read he was knocked out on day one after set over set.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2013, 03:55:32 PM »

Most people on the forum ?

Two people made negative comments itt, meh who cares, I'm sure he doesn't.

Seemed like a nice guy from the interview I read.

Yeah phrased that wrong. I guess I should have said 'than many people would probably expect'

I don't think Barney or Surinder got very far as I saw Barny in sides and Surinder's name kept getting called out for the cash games. You should be able to check the day two seat draw and see if either made it and are included in that?
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2013, 07:22:43 PM »

It was pretty close. They both went on day one. Barny came over to sweat my bustout and I think he had literally just gone himself. Surinder went about 45 minutes before that.

I personally think bookmakers should generally only do last longers where one person must cash as it is open to arguments and hard to settle otherwise. At least they should say void if they bust on the same level.

If you bet Barny I think you won. pretty poor that PP could nt monitor that themselves.
pauld
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2013, 12:44:54 AM »

Thanks Neil they finally settled paying out on surrinder, will stay away from last longer bets in future. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: