blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:15:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Late Summer Poker Holiday Suggestions
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Late Summer Poker Holiday Suggestions  (Read 1393 times)
jonnyk

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2013, 10:18:59 AM »

Hello all,

It's April, and as yet, one hasn't booked a summer holiday or got any live plans for said pokers. I need to get out of the UK. I've been on 2 European city breaks, Prague & Berlin in 2 years and really could do with something more exotic.

I used to travel all the time with family, West coast USA, East Coast USA, Hong Kong, Europe, but since I've spread my wings, and left the nest post Uni, I seem to never get myself into gear booking holidays.

I've just bought a new car, so money isn't ever so present being on a Graduate wage, and building my live bankroll.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a Summer holiday that hopefully incorporates sun, a decent city/resort and poker at <£500 BI. Would prefer some decent live events, but happy with cash if tables always run!

I play every Deepstack I can make at DTD and played the MC too, so a big fan of well run tournaments with good long structures.

I'm very flexible on dates. As long as it doesn't clash with a certain fixture at that rather large stadium in London.
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 11:13:30 AM »

Try Vegas 1 st juneonwards Smiley
jonnyk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 11:28:51 AM »

Smiley Thank you Tony!

I googled flights before posting on here. I've been to the states plenty of times out of season. But last minute they seem close to a £1000. Any tips? Then there is hotel to consider before even ploughing into bankroll!

I've wanted to go for years, and I think I'm ready to crush sample the games out there, but I'm not sure if I've left it too late to book. Sigh.
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 12:01:00 PM »

There's plenty of time just look at the Vegas info section mate , I booked in jan got flight n hotel for 1225£ 
I even went for the weekend in jan booked it Tuesday flew out Thursday back on Monday 750£
There's lots of offers for around a grand ish marky 147 is the best one to put offers up
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 12:58:21 PM »

I've looked at Expedia travel republic they are 1800/2000£ for two weeks in June

Lowcostusa are from 1400£

http://www.lowcostusa.co.uk/HotelResultsX.aspx?s=9e7f4cbf-a27b-45ad-a4e4-3f5e1d1349ef
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 01:15:22 PM »

UKIPT Marbella is mid-june. 1k euro buyin, millions of satelites on pokerstars, 500k gte, a lot of people in vegas so the stnd should be softer than even usual for marbella, it's very sunny, good place to go drinking AND there will be cash tables.

If you bink a seat then hotel (and flights??) will be included but even if you dont...will be pretty reasonable even still.

Failing that vegas, but like you say flights will be pricey now. (£800~ for economy if your date flexible) and ofc there are places that are expensive and then there is vegas, that place will sap money out of you like no-where else, spesh if you like gambling/drinking/women lol

It doesn't actually have to be JOKE expensive vegas there is a vegas info thread on here which you'll find quite useful, but i'd recommend marbella.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 05:10:52 PM »

Virgin had a sale on last week, and you could have got flights with them for  <600 most dates Sad

You can still get flights for around £650, but they're indirect and you're also going to have to make sure you miss 21-23rd June out due to EDC.

I would be more inclined to go with Lil' Dave's suggestion and head out to Marbella like one of Blonde's members did last week http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=60860.0

jonnyk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 12:35:43 PM »

Mr Russell has definitely flown the flag for Marbella. I may well look to plan for Vegas a little more in advance or a little more off peak next time!

Flights are a bargain, and hotel is definitely within budget. And will most probably just BI.

I often play satellites on iPoker/DTD, but rarely on stars. Any tips on the 3x turbo rebuy sats? And if any are softer than expected?

I'd be happy with a seat, but a package would be a bonus.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 03:21:00 PM »

the secret to those 3x turbo rebuys is to get in as cheaply as you - it's all about getting to the addon period whilst spending as little as possible.

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 03:38:34 PM »

the secret to those 3x turbo rebuys is to get in as cheaply as you - it's all about getting to the addon period whilst spending as little as possible move all in every hand irrespective of hand or action in front and try to be the CL by the add on.

fyp

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: