blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:43:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  HUGE ISPT satty value - you got 5 mins to reg into 3e buy in
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HUGE ISPT satty value - you got 5 mins to reg into 3e buy in  (Read 2641 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2013, 06:25:11 PM »

there's not as much money around as people would have you believe...excellent value I know and such a shame but the economy is far from as good as they keep telling us in the papers.

i can understand this for the 30 1r1a and 300 buy in levels, but DTD are giving people a route in for under 10 euros

these tokesn are an absolute value fest, just from the maths of it. I can only conclude that people still don't get it

Is it possible that people just aren't that bothered?

It's alright talking about value but it's only value if you actually want to win a €30 ticket.

The €30 1r1a is only value if you actually want to play one of the day 1s.

Maybe there's just not that many low stakes players fancy playing it at all.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2013, 06:39:18 PM »

Something that did strike me is how many low stakes players are going to be able to get a week off work to play at Wembley. Not everyone has a job where they can book 5 days off and then work anyway if they aren't needed.
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2013, 06:50:29 PM »

There is also the cost issue for the smaller stakes players ....

The cost of getting there
Hotel
Food & drink etc !
Added to the time off work

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2013, 06:57:54 PM »

If I win a €30 token in this 3€ job is it credited automatically and can be used as the rebuy or add on in the 7 pm ?

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2013, 07:20:48 PM »

If I win a €30 token in this 3€ job is it credited automatically and can be used as the rebuy or add on in the 7 pm ?

its a 33 euro token so , if you want to use it for a rebuy, you need to contact dtd to get it converted to points

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2013, 07:23:48 PM »

its a 33 euro token so , if you want to use it for a rebuy, you need to contact dtd to get it converted to points

It's ok, didn't want to risk it so unregged the 1r1a and bought back in with it.

tipp1986

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2013, 08:18:58 PM »

Something that did strike me is how many low stakes players are going to be able to get a week off work to play at Wembley. Not everyone has a job where they can book 5 days off and then work anyway if they aren't needed.

This is 100% the case. Im not sure if those that thought up this idea are that far removed from the real world.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2013, 10:00:53 PM »

This is 100% the case. Im not sure if those that thought up this idea are that far removed from the real world.

What would you suggest they do instead ?
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2013, 10:32:03 PM »

The €30 1r1a overlaid €15k

DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2013, 10:45:58 PM »

these tokens are an absolute value fest, just from the maths of it. I can only conclude that people still don't get it

I can't fathom why more people I know aren't getting involved. Some comments have been due to the Bernard Tapie group being behind it, others because of favouring the WSOP.

Either way, they're missing out on a ton of value, right the way through from the €3 rebuys up to the inevitable six figures added to 1st place   :-/
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2013, 12:06:15 AM »

these tokens are an absolute value fest, just from the maths of it. I can only conclude that people still don't get it

I can't fathom why more people I know aren't getting involved. Some comments have been due to the Bernard Tapie group being behind it, others because of favouring the WSOP.

Either way, they're missing out on a ton of value, right the way through from the €3 rebuys up to the inevitable six figures added to 1st place   :-/

I don't think anyone who favours the WSOP would've been investing too much time on the €3 rebuys had the comp been in a different month so that's unlikely to be a huge factor in the current overlays.

I know DTD are putting a ton of money in to this but you have to realise that the value to the individual is actually quite difficult for a lot of people to see. It still costs the same to enter and the prize is still exactly the same. The only value is that it's easier to win.

To your average Joe that really doesn't mean a thing. He either wins or he doesn't. If he loses he didn't get value, if he wins he did. He doesn't care that he effectively bought in for half price because all he knows is what's left his pocket.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
h

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2013, 07:55:57 PM »

Either way, they're missing out on a ton of value, right the way through from the €3 rebuys up to the inevitable six figures added to 1st place   :-/

I don't think anyone who favours the WSOP would've been investing too much time on the €3 rebuys had the comp been in a different month so that's unlikely to be a huge factor in the current overlays.

I know DTD are putting a ton of money in to this but you have to realise that the value to the individual is actually quite difficult for a lot of people to see. It still costs the same to enter and the prize is still exactly the same. The only value is that it's easier to win.

To your average Joe that really doesn't mean a thing. He either wins or he doesn't. If he loses he didn't get value, if he wins he did. He doesn't care that he effectively bought in for half price because all he knows is what's left his pocket.

i actually had this conversation in chat box in a sat
DTD mod came on reg for next sat amazing value ,,,,,,,,,,,
comment from one player was its only value if you get a seat comment was was  agreed by another two
i  pointed out that the buy ins were less than prize pool but made no diff  so think Matt is right demand may not be there

i think the news that first online day one finshed at 2:30 am ish  will not help either
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 09:08:10 PM by h » Logged
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2013, 09:52:14 PM »

Hi Guys

I agree that not everyone in the UK is going to play this event and the format is very different and much harder to understand that a normal event. 80% of this was pre decided before DTD came in, we made what changes we could that we thought would benefit the event - but we went into this with our eyes wide open.

Having said that, I am speaking to a lot of players at the €3000 and €300 level, and I think it will be the "minority" of this player pool that do not participate at some point. At the €3 and €30, a 6 day event is unheard of, so I agree that there will be many players who could not contemplate the possibility of taking this many days off work to play poker, and investing in £££ of expenses and travel time.

We targeted to get 50 players into Day 2 Wembley in the first weekend with the FA Cup Final, we got 46.

We won't be throwing any white towels in until 1st June.

Cheers Aces

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: