blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:01:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1016424 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: June 22, 2013, 10:00:29 AM »

Convinced there is some value to be had in the last race today.

Stand out fav in Shawaardi, has my old mate Frankie on board. Horse is top rated, based mainly on his second last year when an unfancied 33s shot. A close look at the race will show he was not far ahead of the Ralph Beckett trained Seaside Sizzler, who 3 out was travelling as well as anything. with a few lengths between them and both having been targeted at the race, the value has to lie with SS at 20-1 vs 3-1 for the Frankie ride(and I have done to death my thoughts on him....LAY LAY). Not too many will truly stay. SS will. Good ew bet.

Also, for those that already think Im nuts, I shall offer up a few quid on Riptide. Also ran in the race last year and finished just behind SS. A jockey change to Paul Mulrenhan  this year has seen this moody fella look a bit happier and has run two cracking races at Ponty this year. At 100-1, or 150 on the machine I have to mention it.

GL all

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 22, 2013, 11:58:05 AM »

Adz, you mentioned you don't think mount athos will win, so do you think betting ektihaam on hills with the free bet offer if second is a good bet?
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 22, 2013, 12:09:29 PM »

Hi mate.

I have backed him, but more in hope, and am not backed anything to beat him, but all reports today would suggest he has been primed. My concern is Chester and Melbourne were the designated targets at start of year and Cumani is normally meticulous.

If I really thought/knew this was a target I would chance a bigger bet as I think he is the dogs.

treefella

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 22, 2013, 01:10:18 PM »

Love Krypton Factor 345race ascot today. 25/1 four plcs paid Skybet great value IMO.
 This is a serious sprinter make no mistake. Ok Fallon drops to ride the quirky fav who we have already beaten last year in this very same race. Last year the ground was not right and we didn't have the best of draws. Different proposition today being draw/ ground. Can't blameFallon for deciding to ride the fav today but we have a decent replacement booked to ride. In fact I would say a better jockey than the current Fallon.
This horse has always run well and I see a very big run today. Gl to those that get on ! : )
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 22, 2013, 01:23:42 PM »

good luck today gents

ascot looks to hard for me today like a couple at Redcar

Favourites trainer has hit form and demands respect. however has a 10lb penalty for winning a race on its 21st start last time which looks harsh. i like MASKA PONY at 8-1, still a flat maiden but won a few over hurdles love the jockey booking and hart likes to get on with it from the front this trip should suit better.

piekeroog (first time hood might calm it down a bit but still a nutter of late), light the shitty, blue top, uncut stone, all want the lead i am hoping this helps a cliff horse of mine SHIRLS SON SAM a long standing maiden who often pulls like a mad thing. It was patently obvious all of last season that Kelly Harrison was not strong enough to win the battle with him, despite this was often well backed and has shown glimpses of ability.

I am hoping the underused Barry Mchugh can switch him off if he cant settle and race properly off this probably fast pace he never will win a race. The current 12-1 is just about acceptable

a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 22, 2013, 01:28:18 PM »

Was at the gym when I got a message society rock 11/2 , get back and obv missed it, only lasted 15 minutes!
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 22, 2013, 02:48:21 PM »

N1 Horsey.

Good to have the thread owner back on form!!!

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 22, 2013, 02:50:04 PM »

thanks adz

was a long last 3 furlongs

looked a 1.01 shot and then a 25-1 shot everytime they switched the camera angle

Nice ride from Hart did not panic
a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 22, 2013, 02:51:20 PM »

Comes back, posts, wins, easy game!
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 22, 2013, 02:52:19 PM »

Comes back, posts, wins, easy game!

wish it was!

thanks a

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 22, 2013, 03:17:40 PM »

Horrible race there. Sad ending.

As for MA, ran as I thought he might, although Calamity Spencer showing again what a liability he is in amongst horses, getting squeezed at critical point then running on, defo needs further but could have won IMO. LOL at Mike Cattermole who was v disappointed...clown.

Johnny Murtagh. What a Don of the saddle. Pure genius, and will be a loss when he hangs up his saddle soon.

treefella

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 22, 2013, 03:53:06 PM »

Overall pleased with Kryptons run there . Had nice few bob on the place : )
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 22, 2013, 04:57:18 PM »

Gutted. Needed covering up and was battling to find any cover with just a few horses staying stands side. Still managed to finish 7th and sure its money lent.

Obv the second any one of my fancies gets mentioned on TFT, thats the  :-*of death for it too.....lol

a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 22, 2013, 04:59:23 PM »

yeah wasn't too far of.  Hopefully one of Neils picks comes in in the next, epecially art scholar Smiley, also hughes has changed ride to laahag, shorter odds than his original ride and therefore better for the betvictor promo id imagine.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 22, 2013, 06:01:17 PM »

Decent run by Sizzler to nearly save the day, but decent place return. Never seen Riptide travel so sweet til he got chopped up round top bend.

Have to wonder how Cattermole keeps any job. Comments on both the above, were I wonder how they will cope with a trip this far. If he ever looked past the top three in the market he would notice they ran in it last year. Idiot.

Anyway, no damage done this week, and plenty of ifs and maybe, but personally come out a smidge ahead somehow.

See you in a month. GL

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: