blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:02:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1020730 times)
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #3945 on: February 10, 2016, 09:18:12 PM »

Donc 1.15 tomorrow.
Like the look of St Johns Point if he will stay the 3m.in the grade in chase
Form of last couple races worked out well and he has 1st time blinkers.
Its napped in Racing Post the 9/2 with Hills has gone but still with 365, could go off shorter .
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 09:19:44 PM by atdc21 » Logged

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: February 10, 2016, 10:03:43 PM »

Killutagh Vic out for the season. L'aime serge is very doubtful to go JLT now though with bristol de mai being under the same ownership and fav.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: February 10, 2016, 10:53:46 PM »

Killutagh Vic out for the season. L'aime serge is very doubtful to go JLT now though with bristol de mai being under the same ownership and fav.

Yeah, shame that.

Just suggested Fred gets on Garde Le Victoire @ 16/1.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: February 11, 2016, 11:28:24 AM »

Failed coup on Shane Kelly mounts makes layers look again at ‘cash out’

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/feb/10/failed-coup-shane-kelly-cash-out?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Tweet

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: February 11, 2016, 12:04:32 PM »

Interesting to note that the bookmaker (Bet365 in this interview) was not prepared to admit manipulation of the cashout facility.
Something to do with the fact that lots of punters will have followed the gambles & lost their money (other than the money back on the NR) perhaps? I suspect that this 'gamble' was a nice little earner for Bet365.
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: February 11, 2016, 07:14:57 PM »

St Johns Point was backed into 5/2  thru the morn. until not long before the off, then drifted out to 5/1 .

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: February 12, 2016, 06:13:09 PM »

Yeah, shame that.

On board looks decent if we get a run.

Really liked the way josses hill run today, when asked he absolutely pinged the last (hes far to careful when hes allowed to think about them and airs them.) He didnt beat much on the day (obv 2nds a nice animal but blew up they say unfit, id say outstayed as he was right in it if it was 2m race hes used too) but always felt he jumps too slow to be top draw at 2m and would be better when hes stepped up. He probably should have done it after last year (only got beat in race last year airing the last- you cant do that at kempton). For a horse considered a big let down his form at the festival is excellent. Second to vautour over hurdles and third in last years arkle.

Hes never going to be a sure jumper but hes never a 25/1 shot (assuming as everyone is vautour will go GC). Loads ahead of him in the market wont run in the ryanair (henderson says hes basically a deffo if fit) so think hes a decent ew shot.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 06:15:33 PM by JohnCharver » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: February 12, 2016, 06:21:12 PM »

Yeah, shame that.

On board looks decent if we get a run.

Really liked the way josses hill run today, when asked he absolutely pinged the last (hes far to careful when hes allowed to think about them and airs them.) He didnt beat much on the day (obv 2nds a nice animal but blew up they say unfit, id say outstayed as he was right in it if it was 2m race hes used too) but always felt he jumps too slow to be top draw at 2m and would be better when hes stepped up. He probably should have done it after last year (only got beat in race last year airing the last- you cant do that at kempton). For a horse considered a big let down his form at the festival is excellent. Second to vautour over hurdles and third in last years arkle.

Hes never going to be a sure jumper but hes never a 25/1 shot (assuming as everyone is vautour will go GC). Loads ahead of him in the market wont run in the ryanair (henderson says hes basically a deffo if fit) so think hes a decent ew shot.

They've been looking for an excuse to avoid Douvan all year, and Killultagh Vic pulling out, along with Shaneshill being under par is just the excuse.

They've also beaten BDM giving weight, albeit over 2m, so would be hopeful that he shows up in that race now.

Yeah, jumps very high, which loses ground, but better than ploughing through them Cheesy

Was watching it, and thinking the Ryanair is a much better fit, as it'll give him time that he's never going to get chasing UDS & co around over 2m.

I'm loathe to back e/w antepost, but you've convinced me to chuck some on, and hope to get a trade out for a decent freeroll.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: February 12, 2016, 07:19:15 PM »

Always been a josses fan and was great to see him jump round today and looked very strong at the end.

That 25s alluded me even seconds after the finish and chased around, in the end best I got was 16s.

As you said has a great festival record for an under achiever and in what looks a weak Ryanair looks a solid play.

It will have to take something stellar for me to be backing anything that runs after this weekend. The record of horses running within a month of the festival is dreadful. So beware.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 07:21:14 PM by BigAdz » Logged

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: February 12, 2016, 07:29:31 PM »

If anyone fancies anything at Warwick tomorrow, I'd be happy to hear from you.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: February 12, 2016, 07:35:07 PM »

If anyone fancies anything at Warwick tomorrow, I'd be happy to hear from you.

Watching brief for me.

Will probably just have it on in the background, while I do more Avery related mooching online.

NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: February 13, 2016, 02:53:48 AM »

disgraceful field sizes all over the country tomorrow. lots of prize money up for grabs too. simply too many races in the calendar imo

Christopher Brammer
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: February 13, 2016, 03:09:22 AM »

disgraceful field sizes all over the country tomorrow. lots of prize money up for grabs too. simply too many races in the calendar imo

Saw an article earlier this week about having to reopen entries, because they had 39 horses entered over a 6 race card.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: February 13, 2016, 10:12:49 AM »

Saw an article earlier this week about having to reopen entries, because they had 39 horses entered over a 6 race card.

Probably just a reflection of its proximity to Cheltenham.  Owners want to run at Cheltenham if at all possible.  Glory >> prize money?  Seems stupid to me, as that Newbury meeting, in particular, has a ton of prize money.  Or maybe a lot of this is because Mullins has all the top horses, so there isn't enough top horses in England to fill all these quality races in England?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: February 13, 2016, 10:24:16 AM »

Probably just a reflection of its proximity to Cheltenham.  Owners want to run at Cheltenham if at all possible.  Glory >> prize money?  Seems stupid to me, as that Newbury meeting, in particular, has a ton of prize money.  Or maybe a lot of this is because Mullins has all the top horses, so there isn't enough top horses in England to fill all these quality races in England?

It's all of the above, isn't it?

Warwick is soft, heavy in places. There was a lot of standing water on Monday. Total runners are:

Not much fun for the punters, that.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: