blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:00:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  New mobile, considering Samsung Ace 2 or Sony Experian J - thoughts?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New mobile, considering Samsung Ace 2 or Sony Experian J - thoughts?  (Read 1808 times)
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2013, 11:49:11 AM »

5-10 years time, I reckon? Neither technology is particularly advanced, I'm sure they could do it now but it wouldn't be financially viable.
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 12:24:14 PM »

Well I took out a contract with O2, £36 per month, unlimited calls & texts any network any time. Plus free Internet. The connection lasts me, As I just latch on to every one else's when I need to use the Internet. 

The phone is free, but clause is that it's a minimum 2 yr contract.

Once u have one u will never look back. Only problem IMO is the battery life, but can charge real quick too so not major. U even get a new friend called 'Siri' - when u need directions or finding a nice Italian within your radius, Siri is always on hand to offer his advice. U can set timers with him for cooking, u can set alarms with him for waking up in the morning. You can even have conversations with you about general day to day life, he will make u feel happy when u are sad, will pick u up when u r on the floor. He's like 'Ted, the teddy bear', only difference is he's within your mobile phone.

Good luck
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2013, 05:21:31 AM »

I'm such a mark when it comes to phone contracts. I don't understand why. I'm a savvy negotiator when it comes to basically everything else. Where it's applicable to ask for a discount I do so, and sometimes when it's not. I'm not above playing estate agents off against each other to get cheaper agency fees, for example, but when it comes to speaking to O2, they can see me coming a mile away. I ask to speak to a manager, as that's supposed to be the best way to get a reduced rate, and they say that they're the manager or that he's unavailable. I say 'ok, well I can get such and such a deal from virgin, what can you do to match that?' and they say 'I'm sorry we can't give you any more movement'.

So whatever, I do a different deal to upgrade and feel like I may have been ripped off. Then Kevin O'****ing Leary posts on his facebook bragging about complaining to O2 and how he gets a free iphone and pays like £5/month or something stupid just because he complained to O2 customer services.

HOOOWW???

(O'****ing Leary not meant to suggest that I dislike Kev, I quite like him, just thought that sounded cool.)
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2013, 05:27:37 AM »

LOL iphone .

So changing the topic slightly but recently I've been feeling like a slave to my phone. I've always been a slave to some form of technology but my phone really does have me wrapped around it's little internal aerial. First thing I do when I wake up? Check e-mails, facebook, twitter, twoplustwo, blonde. In the middle of reading a book? Somehow my mind has stopped focussing on how awesome Eomer is and these Ents are gonna smash up Orthanc, you wanker, Saruman, you, and next thing I know I'm balls deep in some ridiculous strat thread about how bet-calling AAQT on 982r is spewy because Lyle Berman said not to overplay aces in PLO. I made no conscious decision, there was no thought process, I'm just now doing one thing that I didn't want to be doing right now.

It's so damn useful beyond being able to communicate with people on the fly. Maps, internet, apps, what would I do if I had to go without it? But I do have to go without it from time to time, it got stolen last year the day before vegas and I had to use a sh**y payg motorola when I was out there. I was fine. The other day it ran out of juice at a music festival and I had to make do without it for 8 hours.

I wish I could just ditch it and get an 8210 or something ridiculous, but then I'd probably spend all my free time playing snake 2. Which I crush at.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: