blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:49:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Mini Deepstack £100, £30,000 GTD 12-15 Sept
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Mini Deepstack £100, £30,000 GTD 12-15 Sept  (Read 117460 times)
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: June 19, 2013, 12:57:30 PM »

I don't know about financial viability but it seems to me like these problems could be resolved by trying two flights on saturday, maybe a midday and a 5pm flight? I've heard about these and it seems like it solves some of the re-entry no re-entry issues etc.

Missed this week as I was away but definitely playing some online legs in the near future, looks like a lot of fun.

We have never tried this, I will speak to Simon. I quite like the idea but whether there is enough demand I am not sure.
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: June 19, 2013, 01:12:53 PM »

I haven't played it yet but from what I can see it looks pretty f**king awesome.

Will hopefully be playing Fri/Sat.

Hope it does well so it can continue. Good luck DTD.

Yep +1 too.  I know everyman and his dog Wink has their own personal opinion and wants on DTD's structures and timings etc.  I just wanted to say, that personally for me everything has aligned for these £100 Deepstacks.  It fits me absolutely perfectly, from the 8:30pm online starts to the day2 starts on Sunday.  I work till 8pm most nights so 7.30pm that some people have suggested is too early for me.

Both online day1s have finished at around 12.15am which is very reasonable even if you have to be up early.

Also this feelgood factor has NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING to do with making Day2 last night with chiplead Smiley

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: June 19, 2013, 01:22:13 PM »

I haven't played it yet but from what I can see it looks pretty f**king awesome.

Yep +1 too.  I know everyman and his dog Wink has their own personal opinion and wants on DTD's structures and timings etc.  I just wanted to say, that personally for me everything has aligned for these £100 Deepstacks.  It fits me absolutely perfectly, from the 8:30pm online starts to the day2 starts on Sunday.  I work till 8pm most nights so 7.30pm that some people have suggested is too early for me.

Both online day1s have finished at around 12.15am which is very reasonable even if you have to be up early.

Also this feelgood factor has NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING to do with making Day2 last night with chiplead Smiley

Thin

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: June 19, 2013, 01:33:17 PM »

Thin

I used to be mate Sad

YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 19, 2013, 02:00:57 PM »

Was watching the FT of the online satelite ( for day2 ) and to tell the truth , I haven't seen so many BADBEATS in my life . It's must had about minimum of 5/6 beats on the day2 bubble time . Unbelievable suckout. So sick to watch . Most of ALIP won r players that are far behind , like  60/40 or worse . Never seen do many beats before in one sessions.

Yep loads of beats, all good fun! Smiley.......I had aces cracked twice,including by the mighty 8,4......still, managed to get there in the end.

I think u r the 1st one to do the suckout . U move in with K10o and got snapped by AQss and the flopped was 34Q& turn was it's bring the flush draw but u faded it . After that hand, I must had saw another 4/5 beats including AA vs KK ALIP for the chips leader . K on the flopped yet AGAIN!!! So sick

You sound surprised chippyman Wink

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: June 19, 2013, 02:13:13 PM »

Thin

I used to be mate Sad

You must have one of those same mirrors Lyndsey has that makes her think she's larger than she actually is.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: June 19, 2013, 03:00:04 PM »

Thin

I used to be mate Sad

You must have one of those same mirrors Lyndsey has that makes her think she's larger than she actually is.

No, I have those trousers and tops that don't button or zip up anymore!  lol enough sidetracking the thread.

Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 19, 2013, 03:04:46 PM »

Ahh so your -----, well done Maria gl Wink

Satellite King
Gemini Kings

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: June 19, 2013, 03:39:26 PM »

What is it with these structure pigeons? 30k stack for 100 quid? Just adjust!

Or let's make it 100k stacks 3 hour clocks and starting at 25/25. Some forget the 11500/23000 level tho cos otherwise it's a shoot

He asked a question and people have given there feedback. The more you shoot people down, the less likely some people are to give their views. Simon is asking for feedback. Smiley

I am giving my opinion on people moaning about a perfectly decent structure for a £100 comp

Then don't be a hypocrite. I am giving my opinion on what I believe is an awful structure.

At first sight it looked a good format to me. However as I played I changed my mind. I wrote my first comments on here when I was near the top of the chips stack counts because I was surprised at how quickly the stacks became short in terms of big blinds long before the bubbles.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 04:02:59 PM by Gemini Kings » Logged
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 19, 2013, 04:01:30 PM »

Or let's make it 100k stacks 3 hour clocks and starting at 25/25. Some forget the 11500/23000 level tho cos otherwise it's a shoot

He asked a question and people have given there feedback. The more you shoot people down, the less likely some people are to give their views. Simon is asking for feedback. Smiley

I am giving my opinion on people moaning about a perfectly decent structure for a £100 comp

Then don't be a hypocrite. I am giving my opinion on what I believe is an awful structure.

But , this is £100 comp with £50k GUARENTEED on it ! What y expect  like 300k chips with 3 hours clock like George said ?
Can't fine £100 comp so value like  this elsewhere . Should be happy . Lol
Gemini Kings

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: June 19, 2013, 04:14:40 PM »

But , this is £100 comp with £50k GUARENTEED on it ! What y expect  like 300k chips with 3 hours clock like George said ?

I would rather start with less chips but more levels and at least a 15 minute clock online. I accept that if it is to finish any where near midnight then the structure needs to be fast. But that doesn't make it a good structure to me. But if you like these structures then enjoy, and good luck to you. I will save my money for events that better suit me.

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 19, 2013, 04:17:03 PM »

I'm interested in comments about the structure/clock
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 19, 2013, 04:38:41 PM »

I'm interested in comments about the structure/clock

And?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 19, 2013, 04:40:18 PM »

At first sight it looked a good format to me. However as I played I changed my mind. I wrote my first comments on here when I was near the top of the chips stack counts because I was surprised at how quickly the stacks became short in terms of big blinds long before the bubbles.

AWFUL? Really?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 19, 2013, 05:05:07 PM »

I would rather start with less chips but more levels and at least a 15 minute clock online. I accept that if it is to finish any where near midnight then the structure needs to be fast. But that doesn't make it a good structure to me. But if you like these structures then enjoy, and good luck to you. I will save my money for events that better suit me.

this quote list is gettin funny thought id add to it Wink ,
i kinda understand but this is the choice when you decide to play online(i learnt that). most do prefer short clock fest done by 12 asleep by 12.30 and availbale for work the next day, having a late one is like the end of the world for some players lol. i also prefer a longer clock thats why id never choose online over live but then again i have not got to travel hours to get to DTD as i know others do. The gtd will be beat and its a great tourney no doubt, i think with regards to structure though the gtd should NOT be used as a reason to justify anything because thats not the point. But tryin to please most is the best DTD can do and the structure suits the timescale players have

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: