blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:44:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Grand Prix Satellite Strategies!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grand Prix Satellite Strategies!  (Read 3196 times)
SubZERO

FINISH HIM!!!!! Babality

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2013, 06:19:50 PM »

depends on how much you want a golden chip. there obviously becomes a point when playing satellites where you need to stop, but its a multi entry so depends on how many entries you are going for..... how many games have you actually played and how mnay day ones are you going to play?

As for the grand prix versus the deepstack i think the DS quals 1 in 8, and the GP is 1 in 12 so its harder straight away. 1 in 12 is not so easy, but play solid and run better and you will make some seats
EchoEllis

Yippee ki yay motha flusha!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2013, 08:57:46 PM »

depends on how much you want a golden chip. there obviously becomes a point when playing satellites where you need to stop, but its a multi entry so depends on how many entries you are going for..... how many games have you actually played and how mnay day ones are you going to play?

As for the grand prix versus the deepstack i think the DS quals 1 in 8, and the GP is 1 in 12 so its harder straight away. 1 in 12 is not so easy, but play solid and run better and you will make some seats

Hi, I've spent £102.30 between the £1.10 and £5.50 satellites on this! I wanted 4 seats but I think I'm going to have to give it up as a bad job Sad I satellited 2 seats for a lot less than this on the last grand prix, I've satellited the last 2 £300 deepstack events.... Is the problem that its 1 in 12 get a seat because I can't believe how bad I'm running it's making me want to give up poker all together... advice?

'I guess if there weren't luck involved, I'd win every time' - Phil Hellmuth
SubZERO

FINISH HIM!!!!! Babality

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2013, 09:04:09 PM »

well dont give up!

if your target was 4 seats then that £240 worth of entries. In your spot I'd maybe play anoher 10-15 and save some money to buy in direct for 1 of the seats. Hopefully you bink 1 or 2. BTW you have played less than 20 by my calcs, its perfectly normal run to not win any seats when its 1 in 12 for that sample. It happens

Re: late reg. Dont late reg these, they are turbos so you need to accumulate chips from the start and get the dead money before others do. late reg is good in rebuy sattys but not turbo freezeouts. this is just my 2 cents ofc, but hope some of it helps

GL and update this thread with bargs when you ship a seat Smiley
EchoEllis

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2013, 10:24:59 PM »

well dont give up!

if your target was 4 seats then that £240 worth of entries. In your spot I'd maybe play anoher 10-15 and save some money to buy in direct for 1 of the seats. Hopefully you bink 1 or 2. BTW you have played less than 20 by my calcs, its perfectly normal run to not win any seats when its 1 in 12 for that sample. It happens

Re: late reg. Dont late reg these, they are turbos so you need to accumulate chips from the start and get the dead money before others do. late reg is good in rebuy sattys but not turbo freezeouts. this is just my 2 cents ofc, but hope some of it helps

cheers, i'll try a bit longer and keep updated on here, if I don't soon i'll wait and see if there's a good bit of overlaying closer to the time

EchoEllis

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2013, 08:18:53 PM »

well dont give up!

Nah, another 3 attempts and nothing until there's some massive overlay im done with this event... ill stick to my £25 tournys...

cheers, i'll try a bit longer and keep updated on here, if I don't soon i'll wait and see if there's a good bit of overlaying closer to the time

EchoEllis

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2013, 05:16:36 PM »

well dont give up!

still no token, although now im playing online £1 feeders seems to be saving me quite a bit of money, plus the winnings from the satellites have paid for themselves this week, sure no-ones got any tips for me? I don't believe it! lol

YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2013, 12:29:54 PM »

last two gran prix ive played the hell out of the satellites chasing golden chips. im going to have a little tickle maybe but previously ive spent knocking on £300 collection golden chips.
if your a good enough player to actually win what a golden chip offers then i say do it. ive seen plenty of players sit down with a golden chip in front of them and dont know there a*** from there elbow lol.
if you have already invested time and money chasing one then continue but once you have 1 call it a day, chasing dreams is costly. i have got golden chips in the last two but for personally reasons i wont be rushing to get any this time around

Gl in your golden chip hunt, i hope you bag 1 Smiley

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: