blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:58:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship Chat 2014-15 Season
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship Chat 2014-15 Season  (Read 103063 times)
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: July 24, 2014, 08:15:10 PM »

Wafford sign Keith Andrews as back up/rotation option for Toszer.

Any views from the Brighton lads on Keith as a squad player?

Awful. Started on our coach in warm up on the pitch at derby right in front of us.

Luckily for you he's only your back up.

Still no signings for us, reckon there is potential for Sammy to walk in next few weeks. He looks very miserable and downbeat in interviews.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 24, 2014, 10:59:35 PM »

Awful. Started on our coach in warm up on the pitch at derby right in front of us.

Still no signings for us, reckon there is potential for Sammy to walk in next few weeks. He looks very miserable and downbeat in interviews.

Haven't Brighton signed O'Grady from Barnsley?
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 25, 2014, 09:14:49 AM »

Marvellous.  Oh well - hopefully he might be one of those players that plays rubbish for one club and then a move perks him up.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 25, 2014, 09:17:14 AM »

Race for Deeney very intense now.  Leicester still favourites I am told, and now we are trying to structure Vardy + King + £4 million for him.  Apparently West Ham are now in the race though following Carrolls injury with Everton outsiders.  Don't know if Swansea, QPR or Burnley will come back after having offers rejected.

Either way, seems unlikely Deeney will still be here next week given this level of interest.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 25, 2014, 09:39:11 AM »

Marvellous.  Oh well - hopefully he might be one of those players that plays rubbish for one club and then a move perks him up.

anthony is rarely anything less than one-eyed when it comes to brighton players, good or bad. the sky is always falling in, or it is scorchingly hot. nothing in between

Andrews was a very solid holding midfield at Blackburn, he can be a solid squad player in the championship

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 25, 2014, 10:25:35 AM »

anthony is rarely anything less than one-eyed when it comes to brighton players, good or bad. the sky is always falling in, or it is scorchingly hot. nothing in between

Andrews was a very solid holding midfield at Blackburn, he can be a solid squad player in the championship

How many times have you seen him play well in the last 18 months?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 25, 2014, 10:27:56 AM »

Seen him play once, and played well

my general point is that he has been a very solid player for a number of years, that is unarguable

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 25, 2014, 10:30:11 AM »

This could be a first

Agree with Anthony here no doubt Andrews of 3 years ago would be at least a good squad player.

Saw him three times last season looked slightly overweight lacking mobility (never was that mobile) and possibly dis interested. Slightly strange signing
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 25, 2014, 10:34:05 AM »

Haven't Brighton signed O'Grady from Barnsley?

Yeah, I mentioned him above. Had a good record with assists and goals last season. He's a direct replacement for Barnes who we sold 6 months ago. We had one fit striker for 4 months from January!

Something is clearly not right behind the scenes with two managers resigning due to the transfer policy, and the third coming in saying his main priority is to bring in 'quality players before pre season kicks in'. That hasn't happened, and then in his last interview he was asked about transfers and he said 'its not up to me'.

We have a 19 year old playing pre season in goal, looks a great prospect. Signed him from Plymouth a year ago for £250k.

At least we sold ulloa early so we have time to react. Wish we had got chris wood ok exchange though, or vardy. At least I have a team I can follow with some interest now in the prem! Leicester have a couple
Of decent wingers so I reckon he will do well. Bit of pressure given his price tag though.  He does like to dive, play act and moan a lot though.

anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 25, 2014, 10:37:00 AM »

This could be a first

Agree with Anthony here no doubt Andrews of 3 years ago would be at least a good squad player.

Saw him three times last season looked slightly overweight lacking mobility (never was that mobile) and possibly dis interested. Slightly strange signing

Indeed.

Was great 3 years ago, now is bottom half championship/top 6 league 1 level.

Was only in the side because crofts was injured, and then bridcutt sold.
Anyway he won't get into watfords side they have enough quality so it is irrelevant.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 28, 2014, 11:31:50 AM »

Andrews definitely improved as time went on, i wish we still had him.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 28, 2014, 10:14:20 PM »

Things looking up for Brighton. Just heard we we close to signing a striker who the senior management are very excited about as well

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 30, 2014, 11:00:50 AM »

Stockdale is a decent addition - as good as kush, but a few years younger.

If we can bring in 2 strikers, a replacement for Orlandi, and a left back then we should have enough to challenge for the play offs.

Stephen Ward, Adam Clayton, Sam Baldock, and Joe Mason would be a good set of additions probably costing around 6 million total!

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 30, 2014, 01:44:06 PM »

Watford have signed Odion Ighalo as a striker.  Played in La Liga last season.  Not sure if he's a Deeney replacement or a supplement. 
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 07, 2014, 10:36:19 AM »

Wednesday sell Antonio to Forest for reported £1.5-£1.8m.

Seems Mandaric is balancing the books as the prolonged takeover seems to be taking an age and all sorts of reports coming in about the new guy's relationship and funding of Lens. All a bit worrying.

Wednesday supposed to be bringing in Stevie May from St Johnstone for circa £800k.

Antonio is an exciting pacy player - he just lacks vision and a quality cross at times and has been somewhat injury prone. Good player though, seems he wanted to go and when that happens in today's football there is only ever one outcome.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: