blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:14:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  $33r FT get it in?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: $33r FT get it in?  (Read 1791 times)
youthnkzR

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2013, 01:39:52 PM »

5 left in $33r on stars. 5th = $730 / 1st = $3k.

Blinds 3.5k/7k - 700

Stacks:
Chata.iz (SB) - 51k
€urop€an (BB) - 210k
Diegotuche (UTG) - 191k
Gaggleokings (CO) -188k (HERO)
Rojorulez (BTN) - 230k (VILLAIN)

Diegotouche - folds
Gaggleokings - raise to 14k
Rojorulez - raise 17k to 31k
Chata.iz - folds
€urop€an - folds
Gaggleokings - Huh?

What is our get it in range? Can we 4b/f / 4b/c?

What do we do with:

1)    
2)  
3)  
4)  
5)  

Can't remember exact numbers I have on villain but he seems at least OK and has been fairly active. Have seen him 5b fold once on f2ts.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 01:44:51 PM by youthnkzR » Logged
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 05:44:30 PM »

jamming all of them

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
PeeJay

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 06:04:45 PM »

jamming all of them
Pretty happy to go with all of these. It's not fair if villain actually has a hand here he is willing to 3b/c because its an amazing spot for him to be bluffing with the icm considerations and all that nonsense.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 07:38:56 PM »

jamming all of them
Pretty happy to go with all of these. It's not fair if villain actually has a hand here he is willing to 3b/c because its an amazing spot for him to be bluffing with the icm considerations and all that nonsense.

66=22? Obviously a good way of balancing frequencies by only jamming say 66+ but if we have same equity vs calling range (almost) then do we jam these too? Agree with jam all. Happy 4bet/calling jj+ and ak? Need some solid 4bet/c hands and desperately want to avoid flips.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 10:40:17 PM »

jamming all of them

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 08:41:21 AM »

Def not jamming all of them. 99+ AQo+ feels right. Not even sure about 99. We should be opening very tight with stacks as they are.
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 10:14:31 AM »

Want to ladder as much as I can so probs just open fold the lot. Would be happy going with them 3handed but in this situation I want to see the 8bb stack gone before I take a flip, especially with such even stacks with the other 4.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 10:16:21 AM by Pinchop73 » Logged

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 10:16:19 AM »

There's no way open folding aq can be good surely?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 10:18:57 AM »

Under normal circumstances of course not, but I feel it's warranted in this particular situation. That's just my opinion though. This particular tournament, the structure is good enough to be able to take icm decisions like this. It's ok to be a nit sometimes. $300 pay jump is enough reason to warrant a fold imo.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 10:22:24 AM by Pinchop73 » Logged

wazz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 10:24:22 AM »

Never openfolding AQ here.

Didn't actually see the read at the bottom that we've seen villain 5b/fold here, with that taken into account I think we should probably pile everything here.

Lucky enough to have an ept winner ben neverscaredb wilinofsky staying with me here in Vegas and he says he knows the villain and that he's terrible and that with or without that read, we should be piling, but that we're also not opening a lot wider - folding all lower pocket pairs than 66, r/fing AT/KJ, raise-evaluating better but probably cramming.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 10:30:23 AM »

Under normal circumstances of course not, but I feel it's warranted in this particular situation. That's just my opinion though. This particular tournament, the structure is good enough to be able to take icm decisions like this. It's ok to be a nit sometimes. $300 pay jump is enough reason to warrant a fold imo.

If you are jamming, you are putting the ICM decision on him.  I don't think one shortie warrants enough reason to be aiming to ladder. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 10:46:31 AM »

Obviously completely understand that open folding is a bit bad, just that I've FT'd these things so many times and taken the 'correct' decision, to then bust. Even with only one short stack behind the taste is absolutely horrible. The amount of times I've had the thought 'If only I'd just simply folded that slightly +$EV spot, I'd be $$$ wealthier right now' is just ridiculous. Yeah I've gone on to win my fair share when the flip has gone my way, but I'm not certain they're worthy enough to take such marginal spots. Whatever, it's only my opinion.

Also people tend to bluff far far less frequently the closer you get to the last few spots. The chance that you get it in bad is far higher than normal if you do decide to jam like 99s. Getting it in bad so close to the real money in terms of your bottom line would be very bad indeed. Do not underestimate how good the structure of the $33r is this deep. Patience is, I feel, a great asset in this comp.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: