blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:31:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  when does the makeup gravy train stop?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: when does the makeup gravy train stop?  (Read 9428 times)
biggy333x

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2013, 09:25:07 PM »

How far does a horse have to get before they get fired? i read another forum and  a guys saying he's $170k in makeup, but he's a winning player if you dont inc rake and living expenses?  Is there gonna be a point in the future like the credit crunch where lots of the backers money eventually runs out with tons of players in makeup which they cant pay because they cant play?

Wtf is that about? not inc rake! so if you dont take rake into consideration then to me you're a losing player is that not right?

I was shocked at the guy trying to argue he would be $70k less  makeup if he didnt pay rake and most of the rest was living expenses.  How stupid can people be ?  not just the horse, but the backer to carry on giving this moron thousands of dollars to carry on digging a bigger hole for himself? If he's using stake money to live then surely the guy thats giving him the money shouldve realised at $20k down rather than nearer $200k that the horse is lame and get rid?

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 09:27:59 PM »

You have no posts here boss. Good you identify yourself to us all before you get stuck into this one please, because we mostly know each other in real life   Smiley
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 09:29:45 PM by Woodsey » Logged
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 09:32:07 PM »

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 09:38:33 PM »

Notthisshitagain.jpg

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 10:11:48 PM »

Hi welcome to blonde

I think part of the answer to your question is that it has substantially stopped already hasn't it?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 10:26:56 PM »

Maybe the guy blowing all this money on a moron has a much better idea than you on whether the deal is profitable. Go teach someone else how to do their job.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 01:22:08 AM »

Maybe the guy blowing all this money on a moron has a much better idea than you on whether the deal is profitable. Go teach someone else how to do their job.

I dont see how OP is too far away from the trend. Id hazard a guess that more people are in a situation that OP suggests than both parties getting the lot through staking arrangements.

Funny being in Vegas, people only playing for 25% of themselves and stuff, nobody seems to grind through the levels and get a BR anymore. Higher buying games are over-run with mediocre regs who might win pre rakeback but ramp up the variance and squeeze the economy for every penny and hurt everyone else's bottomline.

@whollyflush on twitter
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 01:25:33 AM »

What's with this war on mediocre regs all of a sudden. Leave us alone!
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 01:31:54 AM »

I dont see how OP is too far away from the trend. Id hazard a guess that more people are in a situation that OP suggests than both parties getting the lot through staking arrangements.

Funny being in Vegas, people only playing for 25% of themselves and stuff, nobody seems to grind through the levels and get a BR anymore. Higher buying games are over-run with mediocre regs who might win pre rakeback but ramp up the variance and squeeze the economy for every penny and hurt everyone else's bottomline.
Spot on an a fantastic post.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 02:02:26 AM »

Everyone thinks everyone is mediocre. I can name a few guys like TheLipoFund for example who is in a bunch of makeup but works very hard and grinds very hard. I know several other guys who have been in a bunch for a while but are v.solid grinders. All these backers must have money from somewhere... And if the "mediocre" reg is winning prerakeback he really cant be that bad. What is the difference between a 20% roi grinder and 30% roi grinder. A bunch of mediocre regfish should be the sharks dream. Maybe I'm showing naivety because I've not been out for the series but I don't see what is wrong with anyone squeezing the economy for every penny. That is what I'm trying to do.

edit: I made a much harsher first response to OP that I deleted because it was out of line. I apologise if you saw it, pathetically I'm blaming it on a bad sunday
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 02:04:56 AM by rfgqqabc » Logged

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
biggy333x

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 03:09:13 AM »

I play cash round leeds/sheffield and normally wear jeans and a shirt, i normally go fri/sat but dont know anyone if that helps you any? how the fk u want me to identify myself u nob, who do i have have to know to be able to post ?

I'm a self employed plumber and am amazed at the amounts involved tbh? and was jus asking a question? maybe a full profile and pic will do before i post again?

I have to work a busy month for £3/4k max yet these figures amaze me that the guys are basically jus needing a big bink to get even,  for most its never gonna happen. But like someone said these guys obv know what they're doing so leave theem too it
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 09:12:28 AM »

I play cash round leeds/sheffield and normally wear jeans and a shirt, i normally go fri/sat but dont know anyone if that helps you any? how the fk u want me to identify myself u nob, who do i have have to know to be able to post ?

I'm a self employed plumber and am amazed at the amounts involved tbh? and was jus asking a question? maybe a full profile and pic will do before i post again?

I have to work a busy month for £3/4k max yet these figures amaze me that the guys are basically jus needing a big bink to get even,  for most its never gonna happen. But like someone said these guys obv know what they're doing so leave theem too it
Respect!
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 09:43:54 AM »

FWIW I thought it was a good question.

I'm always amazed when people are a few $k in debt, yet alone this much.  I'd hate to be this much in make up to someone and it would worry me immensely.  The people that do the backing tend to be quite well of guys but they must call it a day eventually surely?   Mind with the high stakes players winning millions weekly do they bother about a couple of hundred grand when they know they basically own the person.

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 09:51:45 AM »

Im looking for a mentally stable plumber
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 10:08:05 AM »

Im looking for a mentally stable plumber

Nit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: