blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:17:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Squid's In: In the Well with Sam Grafton
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Squid's In: In the Well with Sam Grafton  (Read 39693 times)
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2013, 10:45:37 PM »

Thoughts on Bitcoins?

Thoughts on the Rehtaeh Parons/Audrie Pott?

Why do you think the media in America reported the Steubenville case how it did? CNN in particular

"Incredibly difficult, even for an outsider like me, to watch what happened as these two young men that had such promising futures, star football players, very good students, literally watched as they believed their lives fell apart...when that sentence came down, [Ma'lik] collapsed in the arms of his attorney...He said to him, 'My life is over. No one is going to want me now.' Very serious crime here, both found guilty of raping the sixteen-year-old girl at a series of parties back in August."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/20/poppy-harlow-cnn-steubenville-rape-coverage-criticism_n_2914853.html

Aware the well was "closed" but my previous questions had a poker slant and this is much more interesting.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 21, 2013, 08:23:11 PM »

Ah man, one more question? Tongue

I remember when u finalled the full tilt ftops I think it was when gutty was still open, they had u on the big screen there railing u. How do u keep yourself grounded & in control now u r playing for bigger stakes and have won more money over the years?

Also what advice would you give to people who have gone broke and trying to get back in the game?, I.e do u think its possible or has there time passed?

You are a top guy, so down to earth and always happy to talk about hands with others and give advice which I really admire.

Gl for the rest of the year Sammy x
ralph cifaretto

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 26, 2013, 10:19:25 PM »

^^^ So when did the gutty close then? (I should've asked Sam a timeline of his career. Am personally trying to make some plans for me in this game and it's taking a lot longer than I had hoped. If Sam has been playing for years, it makes me feel a bit better as to why I can't make a quick buck out of this game. And not return her phone calls Wink )
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2013, 01:54:41 AM »

^^^ So when did the gutty close then? (I should've asked Sam a timeline of his career. Am personally trying to make some plans for me in this game and it's taking a lot longer than I had hoped. If Sam has been playing for years, it makes me feel a bit better as to why I can't make a quick buck out of this game. And not return her phone calls Wink )

Don't quite understand who this post is aimed at & what's your point?
ralph cifaretto

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2013, 11:12:17 AM »

I'm asking a q.

When did the gutshot club close?

And the related q: When did Sam final table the FTOPS?

And I suppose after re-reading dreenie's original comment. This q is either aimed at dreenie or somebody slightly more intelligent (as dreenie claims that Sam was on the big screen at the gutty when it was still open. He can't remember whether it was before or after the club had closed Wink Well, if it was after, then it was somewhere else wasnt it? Yet this was only ~6 years ago.  If you can't remember the incident from that shorter time period AND you're a winning poker player, there's hope for all of us)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 11:15:14 AM by ralph cifaretto » Logged
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 29, 2013, 01:08:31 AM »

I'm asking a q.

When did the gutshot club close?

And the related q: When did Sam final table the FTOPS?

And I suppose after re-reading dreenie's original comment. This q is either aimed at dreenie or somebody slightly more intelligent (as dreenie claims that Sam was on the big screen at the gutty when it was still open. He can't remember whether it was before or after the club had closed Wink Well, if it was after, then it was somewhere else wasnt it? Yet this was only ~6 years ago.  If you can't remember the incident from that shorter time period AND you're a winning poker player, there's hope for all of us)

I meant 'The International', I used to call it the gutshot as it was same club just down the road & different name?!

Poker players- so predantic !

He finalled FTOPS when the international was open, they had him up on the big screen railing him OK.
ralph cifaretto

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 29, 2013, 08:48:55 AM »

Thank you, thats what I was asking for.

I wanted to try to work out how long Sam had been playing for. If he had played at the gutshot (>6 years ago), then it'd would've been a long time.

I know, it would've been easier to ask him in the well. But i forgot.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 29, 2013, 10:01:03 AM »

"Quick Bucls" are much easier to make when your sole intention isn't just to make them.

Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 31, 2013, 02:21:31 PM »

Grats on yet another triple crown Sam! Great run of results post Vegas

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
GPPT Jamie

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 31, 2013, 02:31:43 PM »

Who have we got in the Sheffield Uni Alumni:

The Squid
Longy
Kinboshi
DMorgan
Philthepower

You can add me to the list....Sorby Hall, great days!

Stephenson Halls FTW!
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 20, 2013, 11:35:06 PM »

1 and 2 in the hot 75 today, TheClaimer and SamSquid! vwp guys

To win at poker is to not have to play
the rage

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2013, 11:15:02 AM »

1 and 2 in the hot 75 today, TheClaimer and SamSquid! vwp guys
Nice to see the good Brit guys doing so well. Thanks for the well Squid. Great read. Keep up the goood work.
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 22, 2013, 09:56:53 PM »

Great bump, good read this thanks Smiley

Top bloke Sam, get the lot.

Twitter: @johnnybev1987
#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: