blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:24:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Transfer talk
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Transfer talk  (Read 7039 times)
SubZERO

FINISH HIM!!!!! Babality

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 03:39:51 PM »

Fungus leaves Man Utd = instant decline?

Missed out on Thiago to Bayern. Seem to be spending a lot of effort on Fabregas which is delusional. If they dont sign anyone can see Man City and Chelsea overtaking them

One thing that just gets worse and worse every year is the amount of crap that gets written in the press. People taking "In The Know" sources from twitter, and just so much BS - 90% of it is just made up nonsense. I just try and shut myself away from it all in the summer, easier said than done though

Do the big clubs really waste their time chasing players that they have no chance of signing. I can't see teams putting in the effort if they haven't had a green light somewhere!

Someone from United has surely spoken to someone representing Fabregas and hinted that he would be welcome to the move?

Does the above happen or is that considered as tapping up the player?

Well Barca said they wont sell, and Fab said he doesnt want to go. Several times. Who knows what goes on privately but selling him makes no sense for club or player

It may be down to agent talk... Darren Dein in this case

I'm sure they havent wasted that much time on it, just seems to keep cropping up in the press
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 06:45:24 PM »

Smiley
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 07:24:33 PM »

Cardiff will complete a £9m deal for Spurs defender Steven Caulker later today

That would be a terrific signing. Young, only going to improve. Surprised Spurs are a seller

9m seems a little steep to me.

correct me if I am wrong, but I think young British players still command a premium from British clubs?

Part of the reason why so many are importing from places like La Liga/other leagues where sellers need the cash because their particular TV deals emphasise the big clubs so

It seems true, but why?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2013, 07:28:51 PM »

Not sure

For me Caulker is about right for me at that price thought he stalled a bit at times last season and looked a bit positionally naive

Presuming Kaboul is fully fit which he must be if selling then it seems ok business for both sides.
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2013, 09:02:21 PM »

Caulker is an awful player.

Spurs are laughing.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2013, 09:06:25 PM »

Come on,  he can not be described as awful. Not going to have any credibility with such nonsensical hyperbole.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 09:15:45 PM »

He is no Upson
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2013, 09:25:18 PM »

call him over-rated, say that £9m is too much but "awful"?, just a lazy post. We can do better ;-)

My eyes are open wide
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2013, 09:30:22 PM »

He's good already with loads of potential & definite re-sale value, it's at worst a decent signing. Risky but interesting focus on youth from Cardiff, 2 signings aged 20 (Andreas Cornelius) & Caulker (21) for the best part of 16m
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2013, 04:13:46 PM »

David Luiz "not for sale"

Nice try Chelsea, just trying to stay fashionable!

As an aside thou, I have never seen so many aggressive transfer targets this year (and therefore rejections). Its really interesting. I appreciate most of it is led by players wanting out but still a nice change

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2013, 04:15:33 PM »

I did think "hmmm" when I saw Cardiff had paid £9 million for him.  Only worth about half that imo.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2013, 04:23:08 PM »

Reason british players cost so much is that teams with European aspirations need british players in there squads so and therefore teams selling them want more for them too journeymen go for 2-3 times what a player brought up in france or germany would

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2013, 04:29:57 PM »

Is there a rule that you have to have X amount of English players in your squad for a european game?  That is against EU law surely?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2013, 05:04:25 PM »

• From 2008/09, clubs in the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League required a minimum of eight homegrown players in a squad limited to 25. These rules are also in force in several national leagues across Europe.

• UEFA introduced the rule in three phases:
Season 2006/07: minimum of four homegrown players in 25-man squad
Season 2007/08: minimum of six homegrown players in 25-man squad
Season 2008/09: minimum of eight homegrown players in 25-man squad

• Clubs have no obligation to put a certain number of homegrown players on the field of play, or on the matchsheet. They are entirely free in their team and matchday squad selection.

• UEFA defines locally-trained or 'homegrown' players as those who, regardless of their nationality, have been trained by their club or by another club in the same national association for at least three years between the age of 15 and 21. Up to half of the locally-trained players must be from the club itself, with the others being either from the club itself or from other clubs in the same association.

• The UEFA rule contains no nationality conditions whatsoever because within the EU such conditions are illegal (following the Bosman ruling). The European Commission stated that the UEFA rule was legal in a statement in May 2008, and that a review would take place in 2012.

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/protectingthegame/youngplayers/index.html

Hence UK players for those top six buying are more expensive

Only so much supply, plenty of demand to fill those squads up

My eyes are open wide
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2013, 05:09:20 PM »

• From 2008/09, clubs in the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League required a minimum of eight homegrown players in a squad limited to 25. These rules are also in force in several national leagues across Europe.

• UEFA introduced the rule in three phases:
Season 2006/07: minimum of four homegrown players in 25-man squad
Season 2007/08: minimum of six homegrown players in 25-man squad
Season 2008/09: minimum of eight homegrown players in 25-man squad

• Clubs have no obligation to put a certain number of homegrown players on the field of play, or on the matchsheet. They are entirely free in their team and matchday squad selection.

• UEFA defines locally-trained or 'homegrown' players as those who, regardless of their nationality, have been trained by their club or by another club in the same national association for at least three years between the age of 15 and 21. Up to half of the locally-trained players must be from the club itself, with the others being either from the club itself or from other clubs in the same association.

• The UEFA rule contains no nationality conditions whatsoever because within the EU such conditions are illegal (following the Bosman ruling). The European Commission stated that the UEFA rule was legal in a statement in May 2008, and that a review would take place in 2012.

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/protectingthegame/youngplayers/index.html

Hence UK players for those top six buying are more expensive

Only so much supply, plenty of demand to fill those squads up
thats what I said with less detail and less c&p

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: