blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:24:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 ... 154 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread  (Read 521467 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: April 16, 2020, 09:44:17 PM »

Rod Paradise.

Still supports Celtic.

Think he posted on the Scotch football thread not so long ago.

He is ok as far I see on Facebook.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1921 on: April 16, 2020, 10:07:25 PM »

Rod Paradise.

Still supports Celtic.

Think he posted on the Scotch football thread not so long ago.

He is ok as far I see on Facebook.

Cheers Vin.

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: April 18, 2020, 03:53:34 PM »

Whatever happened to Dale Philip?  Dunno if anyone was asking themselves this, but thought I wonder what happened to him yesterday

Found his old blog the other day and then youtube suggested one of his videos to me.

Some quality dumb farang from 30 minutes on, to be fair to him, when I went round Asia many years ago, I heard a fair few tales of near death experiences from tubing.  1 million views though, mayve there is life after poker?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: April 18, 2020, 05:01:49 PM »

Remember the name, vaguely. Wasn't he an updater for a bit, too?

One thing I wish I'd done in my 20s, that.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: April 18, 2020, 05:11:33 PM »

Can't remember him updating, but he was a stars online pro, used to be in Thailand with/near Amatay for a bit.  He got removed from stars online after something whilst watching the World Cup at a Stars tournament.   I can't remember all the detail, but it was one of those football related things you see a lot, but wasn't great whilst an ambassador for stars.   His travel blog round Asia was pretty good for a while and I assumed he'd stopped.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: April 18, 2020, 05:17:19 PM »

Can't remember him updating, but he was a stars online pro, used to be in Thailand with/near Amatay for a bit.  He got removed from stars online after something whilst watching the World Cup at a Stars tournament.   I can't remember all the detail, but it was one of those football related things you see a lot, but wasn't great whilst an ambassador for stars.   His travel blog round Asia was pretty good for a while and I assumed he'd stopped.

Ah, I remember now. Yeah, wasn't it footy chants in a bar?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: April 18, 2020, 05:17:49 PM »

Found this https://www.pokernews.com/news/2014/06/pokerstars-terminates-contract-of-team-online-pro-18580.htm.   The detail has gone but think it could be summarised as he got in someones face celebrating, they took exception, compained to Stars and he was gone.  Pretty sure there weren't even handbags.  Think it would have been beter dealt with by an eyeroll from Stars followed by Woodsey ranting about snowflakes.  Might have some of the detail wrong as my memory is bad.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: April 18, 2020, 05:43:26 PM »

Vaguely remember seeing it at the time, and him jumping around shouting at some of the other fans.

Seems like he has come out of it ok, so not all bad.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1928 on: April 18, 2020, 05:48:33 PM »

Was he the fella who Tank has some kind of SnG challenge against?
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: April 19, 2020, 01:32:01 AM »

Watched 50 seconds, claims to be from Scotland with that accent?
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: April 19, 2020, 01:32:31 AM »

Or was that his Steve McLaren Thai?
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: April 19, 2020, 12:07:54 PM »

Found this https://www.pokernews.com/news/2014/06/pokerstars-terminates-contract-of-team-online-pro-18580.htm.   The detail has gone but think it could be summarised as he got in someones face celebrating, they took exception, compained to Stars and he was gone.  Pretty sure there weren't even handbags.  Think it would have been beter dealt with by an eyeroll from Stars followed by Woodsey ranting about snowflakes.  Might have some of the detail wrong as my memory is bad.

I remember comments about him only being a break even player that pretty much relied on his stars deal for income/rakeback or whatever and he would probably have to go home after that happened. No idea if that was true or not though......
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: April 19, 2020, 12:11:43 PM »

https://twitter.com/Daleroxxu?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

https://www.youtube.com/Daleroxxu

http://www.daleroxxu.co.uk/
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: April 19, 2020, 12:13:47 PM »

It was the 2014 world cup, he was a big Dutch fan, all dressed up...they were playing (i want to say Spain) and PS were hosting a do for players to watch the match

During the match he got in the faces of players supporting the opposing team and went OTT. dropped the day after i think

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: April 19, 2020, 12:19:38 PM »

Anyone remember that guy right back in the day in the early stages of the game that was insane and kept going between broke and having a few hundred grand at his disposal more times that most of us can count? He was the first guy I remember that was blogging about it almost on a daily basis on his blog and we were all wtff and aghast with wide eyes?  Cheesy

His blogspot was 99% something and maybe screen name of Blue scouse?
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 ... 154 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: