blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:28:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272582 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 ... 154 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread  (Read 522015 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1080 on: January 01, 2015, 09:13:48 AM »

The older I get, the better I was.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: January 07, 2015, 07:33:32 AM »

Gutshot

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: January 07, 2015, 01:39:35 PM »

Ha! I never check this thread but I felt my virtual ears burning this morning and just decided to check in.

I remember this incident, not nice. It's things like that that made my blogs more boring! You just can't say anything without getting pulled up on it.

Express frustration about an unlucky hand, or run - you've got the variance police "You won so and so, you can never complain about running bad"

An off the cuff comment "I was falling asleep at the wheel" and you've got this guy "You'll kill someone one day you ****" etc etc!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: January 07, 2015, 02:00:50 PM »

Ha! I never check this thread but I felt my virtual ears burning this morning and just decided to check in.

I remember this incident, not nice. It's things like that that made my blogs more boring! You just can't say anything without getting pulled up on it.

Express frustration about an unlucky hand, or run - you've got the variance police "You won so and so, you can never complain about running bad"

An off the cuff comment "I was falling asleep at the wheel" and you've got this guy "You'll kill someone one day you ****" etc etc!

I would not concern yourself too much with the comment, Alex.

Anyone knows it was just a turn of phrase.

It sort of felt like there was some sort of vendetta, rather than just this incident, & he was looking for a spot to have a pop. 

It's bound to happen to successful young men, especially when they are as pretty as you. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: January 07, 2015, 02:32:59 PM »

Surely you are not saying your blogs are boring just because of this guy?
BrumBilly

View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: January 18, 2015, 12:03:22 AM »

Gutshot

I LOVED the Gutshot!...used to play there while doing a PGCE in London then continued to play there when I returned to Brum (Train down, check in to hotel, hit the bars/clubs, head to Gutshot and play all night then checkout hotel without having slept there...).

Enjoyed meeting Tikay and a bunch of other faces while playing one of the side events in the 2005 London Masters (won by Ian Oldershaw). Probably one of my luckiest venues playing cash.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: March 28, 2015, 12:30:14 PM »

Think he was mentioned earlier ITT...

Roy Brindley just popped up on ATR as their 'Formula 1 expert'

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: March 29, 2015, 03:07:30 PM »

Harold 'Kato' Lee?

anyone recall this 'unique' individual.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1088 on: March 29, 2015, 03:48:05 PM »

Ben Calanhan.

Mr F

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1089 on: April 01, 2015, 09:18:46 PM »

Madasahatstand
IFM
CIAxxxx
Mr F
Dingdell

Lol, BB 1 must have made some impression!!  Still come and have a read every now and then maybe 3 times a year.  Saw this thread and some of the names on the first few pages brought back memories so read all 74 pages!!  I was always a hobby micro player who didn't really fit with all the names on here but the commuity feel was what I loved and took me to Broadway (ten years ago!!) I remember Blonde fondly and the first Blnde Bash was amazing.  Left my "tired and emotional" days behind me when I moved to Uni but settled here got married and am loving life.  Hope you're doing well mate, and if you ever hear from Matt the monkey say hi from me!!

"Love is better than a warm trombone"

"Table Tennis Rules, they're so confusing it's not played by fools"
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 01, 2015, 11:18:47 PM »

Madasahatstand
IFM
CIAxxxx
Mr F
Dingdell

Lol, BB 1 must have made some impression!!  Still come and have a read every now and then maybe 3 times a year.  Saw this thread and some of the names on the first few pages brought back memories so read all 74 pages!!  I was always a hobby micro player who didn't really fit with all the names on here but the commuity feel was what I loved and took me to Broadway (ten years ago!!) I remember Blonde fondly and the first Blnde Bash was amazing.  Left my "tired and emotional" days behind me when I moved to Uni but settled here got married and am loving life.  Hope you're doing well mate, and if you ever hear from Matt the monkey say hi from me!!
hi mr f

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 02, 2015, 01:06:06 AM »

Ben Calanhan.

The ex-Walsall Ben? http://www.maxpokerbonus.co.uk/poker-blog/397/poker-player-jailed-for-money-laundering/
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1092 on: April 02, 2015, 08:17:39 AM »

Wow!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: April 02, 2015, 08:29:35 AM »

My thoughts exactly. Ben was a regular at Walsall in 2004 onwards, & also down at Grosvenor Cardiff & Swansea.

I heard he had packed up poker, & was backing horses on Betfair, using what was, at the time, supposedly a "super-fast" internet to give him a time advantage.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: April 17, 2015, 07:40:01 PM »

Paul Ho?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 ... 154 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: