blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:56:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Asian Poker Classic - Goa
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Asian Poker Classic - Goa  (Read 10411 times)
julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2007, 01:58:59 AM »

jpk finished 5th for 50ish,
a good scandi player finished 2nd, not sure what his name is, sunday doubled him up & then i donated my 20k stack...all kinda helps i guess  police
the guy who won - hasn't been playing too long, but app his brother has won the big sunday comp on party...wait for it...10 times.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2007, 02:01:32 AM »

jpk finished 5th for 50ish,
a good scandi player finished 2nd, not sure what his name is, sunday doubled him up & then i donated my 20k stack...all kinda helps i guess  police
the guy who won - hasn't been playing too long, but app his brother has won the big sunday comp on party...wait for it...10 times.

Do you know the winner's name, Julian? Was he English?
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2007, 02:04:21 AM »

His brother won it nine times, his gran won it once.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 02:15:58 AM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
hotdog
snap

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2007, 02:08:50 AM »

enlighten me plz who is jpk
edy g

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2007, 02:11:45 AM »

http://jpkpoker.blogspot.com/
julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2007, 02:42:14 AM »

sorry, ain't got no names,
but he was tall & skinny, nothern european or scandi,
shouted & clapped his hands alot when he won a big pot,
thats aside tho, seems like a nice chap
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2007, 05:36:52 AM »

his brother has won the big sunday comp on party...wait for it...10 times.

lol, cheers m8 needed a good laugh!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
kinghawko

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2007, 08:17:28 AM »

TY guys and shame on YOU whoever was asking who I am?Huh?Huh?

Won $55k-ish.. I dropped a $3k tip on the TK crew due to Steve's amazing tolerance to my tantrums and expletive outbursts throughout the tournament, I'm sure you'll all be disgusted with my behaviour when you get to see it, but oh well.

Ed's posted a link to my blog above if you wanna check it out, and yes, I was the one trying to scoop up 1%'s in Walsall out of boredom, but it's actually cost me, as I gave 1% back to someone I didn't pay and now I have to give him $550 LOL

Best
J

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2007, 08:32:58 AM »

Ben "Sunday8pm" Mayhew has freerolled onto the trip via eating pineapple covered in sand and watermelon with no hands, but he still has 2 tasks to complete before allowed entry to the all inclusive day. Should be fun

Can we hear more plz
Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2007, 11:53:07 AM »

Nice one JPK! Decent cash indeed 
kinghawko

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2007, 11:57:31 AM »

Ben "Sunday8pm" Mayhew has freerolled onto the trip via eating pineapple covered in sand and watermelon with no hands, but he still has 2 tasks to complete before allowed entry to the all inclusive day. Should be fun

Can we hear more plz

Julian caught it all on camera/video.. and a picture tells 1000 words Cheesy
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2007, 04:34:17 PM »

Congrats Jonathan!  thumbs up

http://www.blondepoker.com/index.php?q=node/7950
RobS

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2013, 06:24:39 PM »

Day 1 - Arrival

After the help of a few drinks and a couple of sleeping pills i managed to get my head down and sleep for most of the 8.5 hour flight. Standard of the flight was pretty poor, flying cattle class with Thomson is not advisable i assure you!

We arrive at the airport and already I'm gobsmacked at how different everything is, the heat, the people, the general way of life. After getting through immigration i was stopped by an excited looking security guard. He asked me to buy 4 bottles of Sheridans liqour for him from the duty free. I was somewhat confused but agreed sceptically to it anyway! Pass through customs and you have never seen anything like it. Taxi drivers begging you for your business.If only these guys could give me a taxi at 3am every bloody Saturday night outside my local nightclub, they would make a killing! All the poker players were going on a coach to the hotel, which is 1.5 hours from the airport, All of us decided in order to escape the rush at the hotel then we would jump in the taxis. 1.5 hour taxi - £6!!!

The drive to there was something which i will remember forever,driving through shanty towns with seemingly endless poverty, Cows wandering in the middle of the road, A tractor driver driving the wrong way up the motorway. It was pretty crazy!

Get to hotel, Check into rooms, which are amazing by the way. We all have our own room and they are the size of a flat with a nice sized balcony looking over the golf course, which i will probably have a crack at sometime during the holiday as long as its not with Marc Goodwin lol! Sorry Marc couldn't resist ;-)

Load of us meet for dinner and Dubai keeps his style by announcing that he isnt eating at the free 'peasant' BBQ on the beach for poker players and we end up in an a' la carte. The food was pretty cheap, not the greatest,but certainly worth the money (Around £10 per meal). I managed to sneak away and join up with Barny and Ross Boatman in the bar for a beer and watching these gorgeous Thai singers, watch this space Wink. Also, on that note, the air hostesses have checked into the same hotel and are staying a few rooms away from me, Bonus!

The night ends with Nick Slade organising a killer tournament on the snooker table in the bar, i busted out about midway,it was won by Mr Cool who is so golden its untrue! I then played Nick for £100 in a standard game of snooker and brushed past him with ease lol ;-)

Dubai obviously couldn't resist ram raiding the champagne fridge and we sunk 2 bottles of Dom before heading up to our rooms about 2am. The main event starts tomorrow and im looking forward to it. Im due a win, but then again i guess everybody is due their 'big break'. I fancy my chances though.

Be Lucky,

Ben

I'm sure your time will come Ben, if you can hang on for 6 1/2 years
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: