blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2024, 12:30:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272718 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Stepping into the future - One man's journey
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 58 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stepping into the future - One man's journey  (Read 164426 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2013, 08:04:38 PM »

Should have joined the navy Millidonk, you'd have been a chief in 5 years Wink

Yeah all my Navy mates were chiefs like 3 yrs before I left. Pretty sickening really. Sad

All the lads I was on course with are probably waiting on their Warrants now, and they're all younger than me!

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 02, 2013, 05:32:20 AM »

up at 5am on a Saturday. Seems reasonable.. Really struggled with sleeping for a over 4hrs recently. Hoping increased exercise will help else I might have to take a trip to valium city..  good news is I have loads of time to research today's footy bets.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 02, 2013, 10:48:17 AM »

up at 5am on a Saturday. Seems reasonable.. Really struggled with sleeping for a over 4hrs recently. Hoping increased exercise will help else I might have to take a trip to valium city..  good news is I have loads of time to research today's footy bets.

I only normally sleep for 4/5 hours a night, but sometimes have a doze during the early evening too if I'm feeling tired.

I take Melatonin if I'm ever having problems sleeping, and that normally does the trick.

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 02, 2013, 11:09:13 AM »

I only normally sleep for 4/5 hours a night, but sometimes have a doze during the early evening too if I'm feeling tired.

I take Melatonin if I'm ever having problems sleeping, and that normally does the trick.

I get to sleep fine, in fact I actually struggle to stay awake past 11pm but I pretty much always wake up at 3.30 - 4.30am for a slash, then that is me wide awake. I try to get back to sleep but it just never happens, the missus suggested leaving all electronic devices downstairs because as soon as my eyes are open I grab my phone or tablet and read facebook / blonde. Sad

Just read about that Melatonin, seems quite deece and pretty cheap. It's actually given to blind people to help them regulate their sleep pattern. Will see if exercise helps first as I remember sleeping very well the last time I smashed the gym. Then if not I will add that to my daily stockpile of pills. Smiley

Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 02, 2013, 02:27:39 PM »

Post footy bets??

Enjoying this diary, also have fantastic sleeping patterns too. Quite frustrating can get to bed @10, wake 11, 2 ,5 etc would rather just a good solid 5 hours so i feel refreshed. Only thing that seems to do this is drink for me but obviously thats not good, anything helps you let me know.

Changing shifts at work this week to longer hours so i can do 3-4 days a week so this may suit too Smiley gym on days off if i can be bothered

Twitter: @johnnybev1987
#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 02, 2013, 02:32:59 PM »

You wouldn't want to see my bets! but.. unfortunately they are documented in the buying shit way of the nit thread in the sports / betting section.

Yeah, I used to drink loads but I could go to bed at 5am and be up and about at 8. was so tilting.. I have a dodgy liver now so don't drink much. Sad

gl with the sleeping, let me know if you find a magical cure. sleep 11-7 is the dream.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 02, 2013, 06:42:33 PM »

You at DTD today?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 02, 2013, 06:45:54 PM »

You at DTD today?

Nah, feel like shit so just staying in, although with how Liverpool are getting on I am starting to wish I went..

Will just have to take down redspade open instead. glgl

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 02, 2013, 07:46:40 PM »

I get to sleep fine, in fact I actually struggle to stay awake past 11pm but I pretty much always wake up at 3.30 - 4.30am for a slash, then that is me wide awake. I try to get back to sleep but it just never happens, the missus suggested leaving all electronic devices downstairs because as soon as my eyes are open I grab my phone or tablet and read facebook / blonde. Sad

Just read about that Melatonin, seems quite deece and pretty cheap. It's actually given to blind people to help them regulate their sleep pattern. Will see if exercise helps first as I remember sleeping very well the last time I smashed the gym. Then if not I will add that to my daily stockpile of pills. Smiley

I go to bed very late most nights, so normally doze off watching an episode of something. I normally wake up a few times a night for that, so am thankful my room is ensuite. I normally get back to kip ok, however, I can't remember the last time I had an uninterrupted 8 hours!

Definitely think no electronic gadgets might be the best bet, I watch shows on the laptop and am forever checking the forum etc. I bought a load of it from a reputable ebay seller, and it's decent enough. I definitely used to sleep better when I ate well, trained a lot and was generally in better health.... Who'd have thought that would be the case? Cheesy

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 02, 2013, 08:02:37 PM »

Sounds like my sleep patterns minus the loking at phone/tablet after the 3.30 am wee Cheesy

I think I take enough pills though I think the Statins are probably something to do with my lack of sleep at night.

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 02, 2013, 09:52:00 PM »

with your redundancy how did you tackle the pay jumps in the dtd comp?

what was your mindset like?

do you believe in destiny?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 02, 2013, 10:18:13 PM »

I actually didn't look at the payouts, Simon Trumper asked me if I wanted to know the payouts with 5 left but I declined. Obv I had a rough idea as I knew first place was £50k but my mindset was just to give myself a chance of winning it. I had no intention of blinding down in an attempt to just ladder a couple of spots. I still don't really regret my 5b jam with a7.. (Even tho I maybe should) he folds and we are even in chips, I bink another heart or an ace and I have £50k in the backburner. I was worried if I let my redundancy weigh on my mind then I might make poor decisions or if anyone was aware of the fact then they would try and exploit me.

Actually do believe in fate but still not sure what mine is, if I'm in Vegas in June next year then I might have a better idea.Smiley

Looking forward to getting on the zoom train and posting some shakira graphs.

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 03, 2013, 09:49:15 AM »

Really enjoying Marshall Mathers LP2, Eminem back to his best, not really liked anything of his since MM LP1 tbh. Will be incorporating into my grind tonight.

People are saying he leaked it himself for free.. which seems weird. Full album on youtube:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNFCSc9AP8o

My first tune as always will be, Jamie Woon - Lady Luck on repeat until I lose an all in, such a tuuuuuuuuuuune but I rarely ever hear the full song..

Anyone else have any sort of weird grinding superstitions?

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 03, 2013, 11:05:00 AM »

I actually didn't look at the payouts, Simon Trumper asked me if I wanted to know the payouts with 5 left but I declined. Obv I had a rough idea as I knew first place was £50k but my mindset was just to give myself a chance of winning it. I had no intention of blinding down in an attempt to just ladder a couple of spots. I still don't really regret my 5b jam with a7.. (Even tho I maybe should) he folds and we are even in chips, I bink another heart or an ace and I have £50k in the backburner. I was worried if I let my redundancy weigh on my mind then I might make poor decisions or if anyone was aware of the fact then they would try and exploit me.

Actually do believe in fate but still not sure what mine is, if I'm in Vegas in June next year then I might have a better idea.Smiley

Looking forward to getting on the zoom train and posting some shakira graphs.

Wow,that's pretty interesting!  I'm not sure if I believe in fate but I think in poker the good guys generally get the run of,the green when they need it the most. Even with blonde a lot of people have had scores when they've really needed it. NLT sure what this is put down to or called but it seems to happen all the time.

What's a shakira graph?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 03, 2013, 11:17:01 AM »

Yeah, I defo agree that a lot of people bink when they are most in need. Could be fate, could be down to the "fight or flight" / "sink or swim" type theory which forces you to bring your A game. I certainly didn't play any different to how I normally would, I just had the rub of the green and was on the right side of a couple of big coolers. Those poker gods really do work in mysterious ways.

Shakira graph is just like a loch ness graph, up n down, up n down. "Lucky that my breasts are small and humble, So you don't confuse them with mountains". Pretty bad really, should have stuck with nessy..

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 58 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: