blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:25:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Win rate at cash online
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Win rate at cash online  (Read 1994 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2013, 05:35:55 PM »

Hey!

Just wondering what a good win rate at cash online is in terms of BI's.

For online cash grinders what is a reasonable amount of BI's to win on average per month? Based on playing a couple of hours a day most days.

Also wondering if people set themselves targets, eg make 20 BI profit per month, or whatever the case may be?
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 06:32:04 PM »

Really it depends on what games you are playing how many tables etc. BUT

3-5bb/100 seems to be a standard GOOD win rate 7bb+ probably should be playing higher etc

sample size is very important to get a good gauge on this. Ill save Pleno posting and just say 50k hands will give you a good indication.

My advice would be play at a level you can afford if you feel you are getting bashed up move down if you feel comfortable play 5k more hands and then possibly move up if you are winning/can afford it.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 06:44:52 PM »

3-5bb/100 seems to be a standard GOOD win rate 7bb+ probably should be playing higher etc

If you're talking NLHE then these winrates, or these days, are pretty high I believe. Higher stakes 2/4+ there are lots of good players and winning at 4bb/100 is considered "Crushing" nowadays I think. If you play lower than 50/1 the rake is too high to make 5bb/100 before RB I believe.

I think there are some zoom guys posting 4-7bb/100 winrates but these guys are at the abso top.

I think in low stakes 6m games if you are hiting 1-2bb/100 you doing well, and when you get towards 3.5-4 time to move it up Smiley

As regards to targets, I wouldn't set monetary targets, such as I wanna win 40buy-ins every month, as you cannot control winnings and I mean in both directions, you could be running awful and after 65,000 hands be down 4buyins, or you could be running insanely good and be up 23buyins after 6500 hands so set yourself a realistic, comfortable target for VOLUME, say 25k hands p.month, or 12.5k hands p/week - make sure it pushes you slightly, but its not distracting and forcing you to play games/times you aren't happy with and view hitting those goals as achievements. Follow it up with plenty of work on your game, looking over HH's thinking about regulars etc and hopefully the money will flow Smiley
GL

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 06:52:25 PM »

Hey mate,

Variance is really huge so you shouldnt try to set profit goals, although I do so its a little contradictorary.

Two things you should aim for

1- Volume

If youre playing full time you should aim for 50k hands minimum per month and if fast poker games, then 100k hands. If you play part time Id suggest 20k hands and 50k hands. Remember you should put study time in too, because its so important to stay ahead of the curve when you play full time, Id suggest 10 hours a month and if youre playing part time Id suggest 3 hours a month.

2- Winrate

You should think of things in big blinds when it comes to winnings.

0bb - Breakeven, need to study more and analyse game
1bb-2bb Small winner, OK but alot of leaks still, need to plug game
3bb-5bb Good winner in the games, perhaps too tight or too aggro still stopping you from getting to the next level
5bb-7bb Probably one of the biggest winners in the game and doing very well
7bb-10bb Losing money by playing too lower, should probably play higher unless a very good reason

If youre playing full time you should think more about hourly and if youre playing for fun you should think about winrate.

IE I may make 3bb-100 20 tabling and 4bb-100 when I 6 table, it is obvious I should 20table even though my win rate may go down

I may be a 6bb winner with 6 tables but a 1bb winner at 10 tables, I should stick to less tables.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 06:57:23 PM »

Pads in good post with no spelling mistakes shocker!

contradictorary.

edit :  good effort tho mate.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 06:59:37 PM by TL900 » Logged

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 02:20:21 AM »

least no random bulgarian words in there lol

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 02:34:07 AM »

Thanks everyone, I've never done that before, bb /100, I take it that's hands.

I only keep a track of profit (or losses), daily.

It's hard to keep track of hands played, as sky doesn't have that info.

I suppose 4-6 tabling, that's about 300 hands per hour roughly.

I probably play about 10- 12 hours per week at cash, so about 3600-4k hands per week, probably a bit more than this.

Based on this, my win rates atleast 10 blinds per 100, it's probably more.

Edit, apparently 6 max, it's more llike 80-90 hands per hour, so win rate 6/7 per100

But it's only 10nl  I play.

Interesting Pleno you say I should play higher! The standard in 20nl is definatly a lot tougher than 10nl.

There is a few players that would just own me at that level! Where as at 10nl most times I can run the tables.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 12:38:41 PM by shipitgood » Logged
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 03:21:38 AM »

Hey

I'd say in general the standard between n,10-20 will be very similar. Although for anybody ever moving up stakes it always feels like everybody is really good, its natural. Just think of things in big blinds and you will be fine they will ave the same tendencies as the nl10 players and if they re very good then you will be able to learn from them.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: