blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:21:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  EPT Prague Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EPT Prague Thread  (Read 5493 times)
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2013, 01:51:43 PM »

Ahmen to that. Watched this FT during a wednesday grind, all of it. Was quite demoralising watching the best players get knocked out one by one to leave two absolute hero's of the game to scrap it out having done a bizarre deal.

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2013, 03:32:39 PM »

Ahmen to that. Watched this FT during a wednesday grind, all of it. Was quite demoralising watching the best players get knocked out one by one to leave two absolute hero's of the game to scrap it out having done a bizarre deal.
Apparently the German had really bad flu or some other sort of illness and was struggling so badly just being there he was fine with snap chopping uh despite being cl

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2013, 08:34:25 PM »

Apparently the German had really bad flu or some other sort of illness and was struggling so badly just being there he was fine with snap chopping uh despite being cl
Yeah he was really struggling was incredibly pale. He actually offered him even chop & the title but rules were, quite rightly, that they had to play it out to determine the winner Also I did icm numbers during the break they had for the heads up deal & despite his advantage the numbers were something like 730k & 690k. So not a shocking deal by any stretch.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2013, 07:09:58 PM »

Not bad for someone who says he hates live poker maybe €725k might change his mind

Why, he's right, it's lolworthy.

I should probably expand on that so...

Firstly it's 3:15 and I'm on a break from playing so we know were I'm at  Tongue

But let's put it into perspective. I play 180 mans for a living and have done pretty reasonably at them for quite a while. I would expect my peers would say I was one of the better regs at these games. I've constantly studied, working on my game studying with other good regs as well as working on my own, between us we've done numerous sessions and found no leaks. Despite that I've managed to play 13,000 180 mans and I've broke even, now it's impossible to understand, or care, without experiencing it for yourself. But, if you believe I have went from being one of the best regs in a game who makes $2 per game (sigh gg 26k) to one of the worst I don't think that's possible. What's actually happened is variance has grabbed me by the scruff of the neck and said fukn take this.

So if that can happen in a game that most people, inc myself, regard as the easiest form of poker, why do we put so much value on one live tournament. It's pretty fukn stupid.

I don't want to undervalue peoples achievements btw, take Middy for instance, when I went to Vegas with them boys, when I discussed hands with Middy my reaction was wow, I will never be that good at poker, and I still don't think I'm even close. But it took a while before he had that big score, so many people who are really good will die at the game before that score comes. If Middy had've never binked I'd still have thought the same.

Tons of great players will go busto with no rep and die before they get a chance to prove themselves and a ton of absolutely woeful players will get the lot and think they're the dogs when really they're absolutely terrible. But who cares, I just hope those that get the lot are the good guys, but sadly that's not always the case.

Cliffs I love Middy Smiley

Surely this is more reason to hate online poker than live poker?!

Live poker is great, real chips, real cards, flirt with a waitress or two, have a beer hopefully you're not playing with complete dickheads so can even have a lil table chatters Smiley

Much more fun than being sat at home in the dark with my headphones on staring at my screen lol

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: