blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:21:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Wild Rollercoaster - Just A Kid With A Lifelong Dream
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Wild Rollercoaster - Just A Kid With A Lifelong Dream  (Read 99734 times)
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: February 14, 2014, 12:35:48 PM »

I think it would be a good thing if pete came on here and replied to the posts that have been made.

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 14, 2014, 12:44:26 PM »

I think it would be a good thing if pete came on here and replied to the posts that have been made.

ur right celtic

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 14, 2014, 02:58:10 PM »

Yeah Matt I understand totally, Tomo's first lines when I met him was 'Ross your crap at poker' ( still says it now ) lol. And now were like buddies yay. I posted last night to Pete on Facebook, think he needs a break that's all just chill out and step back from this game, it can be crazy and I wouldn't want to see anyone upset from any of this banter, cos aside from how any of the posts read we do all care for the game and players in it Smiley)))
Xxl anyone tonight!? It's singles night! Or if ur lucky enough to have a bird who's into poker, the perfect night out Wink

Just to clarify before the message gets lost, I do not have a problem with Peter playing or been involved in the poker community.  I do have a problem with falsely representing yourself as a profitable player in order to have people (who with all due respect have very little knowledge of the game) send you money for buy ins.  Peter should understand why the community disagrees with his actions, actually take some input on board for a change, address the situation as necessary and then I'm sure we can all move on from this.  If Peter had listened to the input he was given in the first instance I'm pretty sure this wouldn't have happened.

Ross, you're still crap at poker  Tongue
blueace

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 14, 2014, 04:52:09 PM »

Yeah Matt I understand totally, Tomo's first lines when I met him was 'Ross your crap at poker' ( still says it now ) lol. And now were like buddies yay. I posted last night to Pete on Facebook, think he needs a break that's all just chill out and step back from this game, it can be crazy and I wouldn't want to see anyone upset from any of this banter, cos aside from how any of the posts read we do all care for the game and players in it Smiley)))
Xxl anyone tonight!? It's singles night! Or if ur lucky enough to have a bird who's into poker, the perfect night out Wink

Just to clarify before the message gets lost, I do not have a problem with Peter playing or been involved in the poker community.  I do have a problem with falsely representing yourself as a profitable player in order to have people (who with all due respect have very little knowledge of the game) send you money for buy ins.  Peter should understand why the community disagrees with his actions, actually take some input on board for a change, address the situation as necessary and then I'm sure we can all move on from this.  If Peter had listened to the input he was given in the first instance I'm pretty sure this wouldn't have happened.

Ross, you're still crap at poker  Tongue[/glow][/color]

Ice Shade
The Forming Pride Of Nottingham

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: February 14, 2014, 06:16:33 PM »

Right, I was going to wait until this had died down but seeing as, as shitstorms go, this one even a weatherman would be worried about, I'm going to grab my coat and weather it for all its worth. I want to make clear right now that I will be addressing the disparity with the hands posted/mentioned and will be addressing this replies to the backers only.

All I can do is apologise profusely for what has been a genuine mistake. As much as people will (and have) want to scream down my throat stating that "those kind of mistakes don't happen" they do. And they have. The point is that the hand I posted for analysis on this blog was CORRECT, it was the Facebook response having been made in a huff and in a rush that was wrong. The only reason I know this to be certain is the note on my phone which actually gave me the ability to give those bet sizes. The simple fact is I actually cannot remember much of any exit hands, its only in the last four years I write key ones down. And I can hear the vultures in the back now going "well you shouldn't post until later on then" yes. I get it. I fucked up. I'm sorry....it's all I can say really.

Secondly, and again it's a show of my awful memory...I fucked the bust out hand up because, and I remember this clearly...when the JJ/A10 hand happened it was (as has been mentioned) Inbetween the pocket fours hand that was my bust out and it stuck in my memory more for the line "yeah this always fucking happens to me I swear to god". And as such it's stuck with me as the bust out. Again, wrong, again, stupid. Can't really do much about it, all I can do is apologise for it.

I want this made as clear as crystal. My hands up until this have been completely blemish free, in four years of doing updates (which, as has been mentioned, is something I've been very good at in times past) I never made one slip up. I know there will be some cynics that want to say "well because of this hand..." And the simple fact is I can't stop people thinking that. If you don't want to take my word then fair enough. I understand at the moment my word is worth close to nothing anyway.

I don't want to be seen as the guy who's grim to trust. Integrity is the highest and probably main quality I've ever had. It had neve been questioned. Simple as that. The fact I've done this is not something I'm proud of, not even slightly. And I don't want to be seen as that guy...

----------

In regards to everything else. I'm about 80% likely to be closing the blog off. I want to clear my name with something that makes me out to be a liar, and SOME advice that has been received on here has been great, trust me on that. But I created this for it to be fun primarily. And regardless what anyone wants to say. It simply is not fun for me anymore...and that renders almost all of it useless...I MAY decide to come back, maybe, but for the time being I most certainly need a break from this...

Winning Isnt Everything...Wanting To Is...
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 14, 2014, 06:52:03 PM »

YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 14, 2014, 07:32:11 PM »

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 15, 2014, 12:55:42 AM »

I want to make clear right now that I will be addressing the disparity with the hands posted/mentioned and will be addressing this replies to the backers only.

Before I start let me make it clear that I had 33% of the Grand Prix stake (ask Eso for confirmation), so I feel privileged to be in a position where I can have my questions answered.

This issue has just got way too far out of hand, but let it be clear that it is YOU that allowed yourself to get into this position.  There have been many good points in this thread recently by myself and others that you have failed to address.  Many attempts have been made to try and help you whilst going easy on some of the mistakes that you have been making.  

I was paying serious attention to it as i didn't want to miss the opportunity, so there's a lot of details on the players. Again wish i could have done better for us Sad

Oh the busto hand? JJ into A10 for about 11 bigs, shoved from middle position, ace on the turn...standard really

So to get over this silly business with the GP.  You were paying serious attention so you didn't miss anything, then over the course of several days fail to get the bust out hand in this thread and only at the point of someone calling you out do you manage this:

Secondly, and again it's a show of my awful memory...I fucked the bust out hand up because, and I remember this clearly...when the JJ/A10 hand happened it was (as has been mentioned) Inbetween the pocket fours hand that was my bust out and it stuck in my memory more for the line "yeah this always fucking happens to me I swear to god". And as such it's stuck with me as the bust out. Again, wrong, again, stupid. Can't really do much about it, all I can do is apologise for it.

Apart from this been close to incomprehensible, I can make out the phrase “the pocket fours that was my bust out”, but I still don't really have any details.  Also you couldn't remember it at the weekend but you remember it now?  To be honest I'm not really that bothered that you went on tilt, it was £20, I've dealt with it.  There are some more pressing concerns I have though.  I know you have been keen to avoid this topic, but selling 90-100% of yourself is literally the most stupid thing I've ever heard of.  Pleno took a long time explaining to you how to calculate your hourly a while, I read it, and it was very informative.  If I may be so bold, I would like to quote you from earlier:

“Tempted to sell the next fifty events so that I sell all 100% and keep nothing...really fucking tempted”

I'm sure backers will be willing to throw their money at you but let's just take a step back and think of this from your point of view.  Out of spite, you're willing to play poker for a year for no potential return?  Seems like a smart move.  I mean, at least you can't lose your own money.  Just waste your own time and the money of hard working people.  Of course, you have a spreadsheet for 150 live games that PROVES you're a winning player, assuming that the spreadsheet is more accurate than your HH reports.  We must also take into account the largest sample of games we have available:

Peter Thorpe (PokerStars)  1,319   -$1.91   $5.31   -16.9%   -$2,523   52  

I'm assuming your regular investors have seen this graph of your online results?

Running away from this will not provide you with a solution, and if you had just been honest with people from the start, instead of throwing your toys out the pram like an infant, this could have been sorted out in a few posts and would have gone no further.  I fail to believe that you genuinely believe that you're the victim in all of this.  I have never felt the need in my entire life to call someone out like this, but your actions are completely unacceptable.  I can accept that people mistakes, whatever, shit happens.  But you have lied time and time again but this time have been caught out.  You said that you have never lied to anyone about HH’s with regards to staking, so maybe you just got unlucky and the first time you made a mistake you got found out.

What was the busto hand, if you don't mind me asking?

This question posted 4 days ago wasn't a happy accident.  I really wished you could have just owned up to it in the first instance.  I'm sorry if this post feels like it has been harsh, but people have tried in several different ways to get through to you and you have just outright ignored them in some cases.  Blondes would love to see improve and make a real go of been a professional, myself included, but whilst you continue to operate like this you will not gain any respect from other members of the community.

Further, when it comes to needing staking as professional, you are going to need a lot of money and a lot of understanding.  You will only get that kind of support from the poker community I urge you address these issues before anything is damaged beyond repair.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 01:00:25 AM by tomsom87 » Logged
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 15, 2014, 01:54:25 AM »

I have no idea what's going on but looking in this seems like a bit of a witch hunt.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 15, 2014, 03:40:58 AM »

I have no idea what's going on but looking in this seems like a bit of a witch hunt.

I really wanted to stay out of this but feel now I should say something.

I have been and still am one of Peters stakers. I met him when I was playing an Apat game at DTD which ended with us heads up. I saw in him a passion for poker that I had lost and wanted to encourage him as a young player.

I was under no illusions that he was a pro, in fact the completely the opposite. I knew he was a student with little money, no time to play sats but with a desire to play live. He also admitted that he was crap online so preferred to go along the staking route.

Yes he does it differently from conventional staking and I have also explained to him that he needs to build a bankroll and invest more himself but as he said he doesnt have the time and just wants to play for the love of the game.

Whos to say this is wrong?

Im sure if he becomes a more profitable player then his approach will change but for now I dont see any harm in what he is doing. His stakers are taking a gamble on him but isnt that the same with all stakings? I have staked players in the past with much better stats but so far Peter has been the most profitable.

His main crime here seems to be that he has reported his HH wrong?

Does it really matter?

If I stake a player I am not looking to analise the HH, yes its nice to be kept informed and fun to rail but that player is in the comp to win isnt he? If he loses enough times I wont stake anymore...simplez.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 15, 2014, 03:50:41 AM »

I have been and still am one of Peters stakers. I met him when I was playing an Apat game at DTD which ended with us heads up. I saw in him a passion for poker that I had lost and wanted to encourage him as a young player.

I was under no illusions that he was a pro, in fact the completely the opposite. I knew he was a student with little money, no time to play sats but with a desire to play live. He also admitted that he was crap online so preferred to go along the staking route.

Yes he does it differently from conventional staking and I have also explained to him that he needs to build a bankroll and invest more himself but as he said he doesnt have the time and just wants to play for the love of the game.

Im sure if he becomes a more profitable player then his approach will change but for now I dont see any harm in what he is doing. His stakers are taking a gamble on him but isnt that the same with all stakings? I have staked players in the past with much better stats but so far Peter has been the most profitable.

Does it really matter?

If I stake a player I am not looking to analise the HH, yes its nice to be kept informed and fun to rail but that player is in the comp to win isnt he? If he loses enough times I wont stake anymore...simplez.

Because a bunch of people who stake him aren't involved in poker and believe he's a winning player thus a good investment when in reality this is not true (this is the argument not what I think I have no idea) and thus people are saying that it is unfair on the people who don't know any better who are putting up their hard earned rather than people like tomsom who are way too rich to care about losing 20 quid

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 15, 2014, 04:02:07 AM »

Does it really matter?

Because a bunch of people who stake him aren't involved in poker and believe he's a winning player thus a good investment when in reality this is not true (this is the argument not what I think I have no idea) and thus people are saying that it is unfair on the people who don't know any better who are putting up their hard earned rather than people like tomsom who are way too rich to care about losing 20 quid

To some of us who invested at the right time he IS a winning player. To those that invested who are not poker players...isnt it like taking a punt on the Grand National? I do it every year with no idea about horse racing but if its won before it might again? I only bet a few quid for fun and nothing I cant afford to lose. Im sure thats the same for anyone whos invested in Peter Wink
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 15, 2014, 04:17:38 AM »

Seems that there's been a culture clash of investors here, maybe that explains the confusion.

1 group where they're doing it for the sweat, helping out a nice guy with the chance if a profit.

And the new blonde group where things are a bit more serious and expect a more professional approach.

Think that some of the allegations and assumptions have gone over the line, and equally Peter hasn't done himself any favours by the lateness of replies/skipping questions.

Would urge both sides to try and clear this up ASAP. Not the first not the last time stuff on blonde has got heated over staking money; also to Peter don't feel that this is the end of Blonde/blogging. Can think of a few people who have come back from far worse. We all make mistakes, it's how you come back from them that's important.
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 15, 2014, 04:28:10 AM »

Seems that there's been a culture clash of investors here, maybe that explains the confusion.

1 group where they're doing it for the sweat, helping out a nice guy with the chance if a profit.

And the new blonde group where things are a bit more serious and expect a more professional approach.

Think that some of the allegations and assumptions have gone over the line, and equally Peter hasn't done himself any favours by the lateness of replies/skipping questions.

Would urge both sides to try and clear this up ASAP. Not the first not the last time stuff on blonde has got heated over staking money; also to Peter don't feel that this is the end of Blonde/blogging. Can think of a few people who have come back from far worse. We all make mistakes, it's how you come back from them that's important.

Spot on
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 15, 2014, 04:28:18 AM »

Does it really matter?

To some of us who invested at the right time he IS a winning player. To those that invested who are not poker players...isnt it like taking a punt on the Grand National? I do it every year with no idea about horse racing but if its won before it might again? I only bet a few quid for fun and nothing I cant afford to lose. Im sure thats the same for anyone whos invested in Peter Wink

The prosecutors (whom I must stress I am not involved in) argue that Peter portrays himself as a winning player and that he is a very good investment. The fact that he either lied or forgotten about a hand that he alter remembered meant that they assumed he keeps the bad plays potentially quiet and shouts to the rooftops when he is unlucky thus investors thinking he is more than often hard done by and thus could even earn future stakings.

Again I must stress I'm just explaining their side rather than agreeing, disagreeing or even caring to a degree about it (ive never met the guy)

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: