blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:46:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272596 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Ragz 2014
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ragz 2014  (Read 66648 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 09, 2018, 07:35:21 AM »

Surely just eating and drinking healthily is going to be way better than drinking hydrogen peroxide?   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 09, 2018, 08:02:44 AM »

Surely just eating and drinking healthily is going to be way better than drinking hydrogen peroxide?   

Massively this. Sleeping well, eating well, exercising regularly and drinking water surely the nut combo?

Hydrogen peroxide? This stuff?

First I've heard of this. Sounds completely bonkers.

Is the idea that it'll generate more oxygen in your bloodstream, so making you feel more alert? Won't that also increase the risk of oxygen bubbles, clots and embolism?

Happy to apologise if there's a Lancet article! Just sounds incredible to me.

Some health-folk on this forum. Hopefully one of them has a more accurate view than my lay reactionaryism.

Glad to hear you're feeling well, tho. Good luck for the year ahead.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 09, 2018, 08:16:40 AM »

I'm surprised more people don't follow the dream to be your own boss and play poker for a living

sola virtus nobilitat
Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 09, 2018, 05:50:28 PM »

The key to health is joe public testimonial, not white coat allopathic propaganda. cheer
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2018, 07:27:10 PM »

Last time I'll mention the Dunning Kruger Effect, other than perhaps once on the politics thread. Can't let the Hydrogen Peroxide thing go by without it though. It is about the most perfect example you could think of. Have a look on Rational Wiki, it's a great article.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 09, 2018, 07:41:54 PM »

I'm surprised more people don't follow the dream to be your own boss and play poker for a living

Even I'm thinking about sacking off my 40hrs as my old man's office lackey, so I can get back to those MTTs Cheesy

Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 16, 2018, 12:58:28 AM »

Well if  you need more encouragment, allow me.

So in the 7 or so months I've played on wpn I've never dropped more than probably $400. Bearing in mind this is majority $20-$30 9 reg 9-mans, and 6 reg 6max, on a network in which you cannot win due to rake (but you obv make it all in rb and lb winnings), this is a surprising feat. Considering my 500bi downswing on Stars has come from much fisher games. I've seen people in the past say "I play better v regs than fish" and yes it is indeed laughable. But the fact remains, I've always made my money (distant memory now) in heavily reg packed games and been utterly obliterated on heavy fish days.

So this week I decided to go hell for leather and did the weekend grind, which is essential to set up a lead for the week's happy hours, then as long as you don't miss a happy, you can't be caught.  It started with the usual top 4 who play $100 hypers (which I can't play) and all sorts getting ahead, so it seems I'd be fecked from the off. But I had a great Friday night and after they topped the bank with previous week's LB winnngs of $500, I was sitting finally break even again for the first time since June.

Saturday, 3 of the top 4 regs didn't even bother to show, wow!! So I did a good 9hr grind, and got my way up to 3rd spot. But guess what, got massively crushed to death, dropped a grand. Went at it again Sunday and today, and guess what.

Click to see full-size image.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Simply unfathomable distribution of cards beyond anyone's wildest imagination. 7 months never dropping an amount more than what I'll get back in rb, until the very day I go for top payouts and blaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmm. Truly random I say. Back to square ***** all over again.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 01:16:03 AM by Ragz » Logged
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 17, 2018, 01:12:59 PM »

Great reading but why on earth do you put yourself through so much torture, go play golf (or anything else apart from poker) and enjoy life before it's too late.
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 17, 2018, 01:36:13 PM »

Well if  you need more encouragment, allow me.

So in the 7 or so months I've played on wpn I've never dropped more than probably $400. Bearing in mind this is majority $20-$30 9 reg 9-mans, and 6 reg 6max, on a network in which you cannot win due to rake (but you obv make it all in rb and lb winnings), this is a surprising feat. Considering my 500bi downswing on Stars has come from much fisher games. I've seen people in the past say "I play better v regs than fish" and yes it is indeed laughable. But the fact remains, I've always made my money (distant memory now) in heavily reg packed games and been utterly obliterated on heavy fish days.

So this week I decided to go hell for leather and did the weekend grind, which is essential to set up a lead for the week's happy hours, then as long as you don't miss a happy, you can't be caught.  It started with the usual top 4 who play $100 hypers (which I can't play) and all sorts getting ahead, so it seems I'd be fecked from the off. But I had a great Friday night and after they topped the bank with previous week's LB winnngs of $500, I was sitting finally break even again for the first time since June.

Saturday, 3 of the top 4 regs didn't even bother to show, wow!! So I did a good 9hr grind, and got my way up to 3rd spot. But guess what, got massively crushed to death, dropped a grand. Went at it again Sunday and today, and guess what.

Click to see full-size image.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Simply unfathomable distribution of cards beyond anyone's wildest imagination. 7 months never dropping an amount more than what I'll get back in rb, until the very day I go for top payouts and blaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmm. Truly random I say. Back to square ***** all over again.

Do you not think this is a clear case of tilt?

Once you were past the most you’d ever lost by 2x do you really think you were playing 100% optimum unless you were superhuman i’d say this was impossible.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2018, 02:25:50 PM »

Great reading but why on earth do you put yourself through so much torture, go play golf (or anything else apart from poker) and enjoy life before it's too late.

Why would he want to work for a living?

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 17, 2018, 04:50:27 PM »

Gotta be better for his general wellbeing.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2018, 07:29:18 PM »

Thought I was being sarcastic enough not to need an emoji Cheesy

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2018, 09:31:31 PM »

Lol, always need an emoji Marky, 
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 17, 2018, 11:23:10 PM »

I think most of us have asked the same question for a year or so  Cheesy

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 17, 2018, 11:31:05 PM »

I think most of us have asked the same question for a year or so  Cheesy

Kind of what I was getting at.  All these alternative things you do supposedly make you feel better, but the writing doesn't suggest happiness.  I accept diagnosing off bulletin board posts when I am not a doctor, so could be way way wrong on this.

Hydrogen Peroxide tho. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: