blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:59:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  HUNL Veteran getting back on track in 2014!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HUNL Veteran getting back on track in 2014!  (Read 49568 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 02:14:10 PM »

Afternoon "Roger".

That's a cracking post, & beautifully presented, welcome aboard.

I would assume you know it will be "guess who he is" open season, but I have no interest in that.

I think these motivation threads really work. Our very own Plinop does one, he wins "multiple commas" some days, so he's big time, but he has one here......

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=49575.4155

He does not tell us how much he wins - a big mound, apparently - but he keeps track of his VIP things.

At the other end of the scale, in tiddlearse territory, I've been doing the same thing, elsewhere, just reporting honestly, every single day, & it has helped me enormously, I've almost won a whole comma, in under 3 months, too. I'm incred.  

Must say, I agreed with this.....

but I absolutely love live tournaments. They are very fun and running deep is one of the best feelings in the world

Not wrong, & the buzz, especially, of bagging up, & a Day Two, is the greatest fun ever. Live Poker has a bad name, but if we slow down a bit, & adjust to the pace, it can be tremendous fun.

5 books? What sort of books? Non-fiction, I hope? I'd be interested to hear your book choices. An hour with a book at the end of each day is such a pleasure.

Good luck with the next year. Some graph that, though I don't pretend for one moment  to understand those different coloured lines.

Thank you for the kind words.

I'm sorry I won't be posting $ graphs or daily swings simply because I feel it means I have some connection to the money, when actually account balances should just be a tool to play the games I want to. In terms of VPPs or VIP things I simply don't bother. Gaining recognition or some bonus for playing X amount on a site doesn't interest me. Focusing on good decisions and mindset is much more important. If you look at the very top winners on any site, I'd guess close to 100% of them are not interested in VPPs or w/e.

Yeah agreed re live tournaments. I'm actually a very shy person IRL (online poker pro doesn't help this), so I get quite a rush from playing live tournaments. Also feel like there is still incred value for most tournaments up to around the $10k level so I'll continue to play them when I can.

Books wise... I'm such a fish. I'm very interested in property development, so if anyone has any good recommendations there it'd be appreciated! Anything from sports autobiography's to fantasy fiction stuff. My daily 'bible' is The Mental Game of Poker 1/2 by Jared Tendler. If any poker player on this forum doesn't own this book, he/she is simply missing out.

I would have thought the same, but in the course of my work, I'm occasionally obliged to visit 2+2, & I see loads of youngsters all seemingly fixated by it.

I've read some great books recently, I'll list a few when I get home & Post them up here soonest.

Real books, printed on paper, or Kindle?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RogerHairabedian

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 03:14:09 PM »

Real books for me. Enjoy going into bookshops and picking up a new copy of something that looks interesting. A lot of people have recommended the kindle tho, so might get the paperwhite version some time soon. Don't get me wrong tho, I'm'm not a huge reader. That's why it's one of my goals for 2014!
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2014, 03:17:58 PM »

Can confirm that Roger is a bit of a beast.

GL with the diary.  Will be reading with interest
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2014, 06:54:01 PM »

Very interesting! You play on all sites?

You still going after JUST HUNL? I've formed the opinion that HU poker on the internet is completely buried now - what's you opinions on how to clean lobbies up, generate more action etc? I'm writing an article about it ATM would be interested to hear your thoughts.

How do you cope with all the waiting about for action? or do you not have too much waiting?

Wanna give us your Top 5 HUNL guys Tongue

RogerHairabedian

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2014, 08:15:47 PM »

You still going after JUST HUNL? I've formed the opinion that HU poker on the internet is completely buried now - what's you opinions on how to clean lobbies up, generate more action etc? I'm writing an article about it ATM would be interested to hear your thoughts.

How do you cope with all the waiting about for action? or do you not have too much waiting?

I hate it when people say HU is dead. It's just that it's not always easy to sit down and get a game within a couple of minutes of sitting. You have to search around a bit and find someone willing to play. People are much more aware of whether or not they have an edge nowadays and there's not as many fish to soften the blows of reg on reg variance.

Nah i'm not strictly HUNL, but it's definitely my best game and speciality. I dabble in HU PLO, 6max NL and PLO and a few tournaments.

Personally I think cleaning up the lobbies is a good idea and has needed to be implemented for a long time. Soft King of the hill format is probably the best way to go in terms of the poker eco system - if say there 5 tables per stake the weaker regs and recreational players are exposed to the very best players and go broke quicker.

There's a lengthy thread on 2+2 here about the topic: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/58/heads-up-nl/pokerstars-heads-up-lobby-changes-feedback-requested-1364689/

Top 3 HUNL atm for me:

1 Jungleman
2 WCG
3 Ike

Not sure on top 5. But Kanu7 is worth a mention for being by far the best British guy currently.
RogerHairabedian

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2014, 11:44:40 PM »

Thought everyone was Jungleman was busto? Or off his face or such like?

Idk, he's def a strange character but a very sick online HU player.

Pretty sure he's not busto, but seems to have made very poor decisions in regards to money.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2014, 12:16:06 AM »

I hate it when people say HU is dead. It's just that it's not always easy to sit down and get a game within a couple of minutes of sitting. You have to search around a bit and find someone willing to play. People are much more aware of whether or not they have an edge nowadays and there's not as many fish to soften the blows of reg on reg variance.

Nah i'm not strictly HUNL, but it's definitely my best game and speciality. I dabble in HU PLO, 6max NL and PLO and a few tournaments.

Personally I think cleaning up the lobbies is a good idea and has needed to be implemented for a long time. Soft King of the hill format is probably the best way to go in terms of the poker eco system - if say there 5 tables per stake the weaker regs and recreational players are exposed to the very best players and go broke quicker.

There's a lengthy thread on 2+2 here about the topic: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/58/heads-up-nl/pokerstars-heads-up-lobby-changes-feedback-requested-1364689/

Top 3 HUNL atm for me:

1 Jungleman
2 WCG
3 Ike

Not sure on top 5. But Kanu7 is worth a mention for being by far the best British guy currently.

Yeh I know - I used to play exclusively HU PLO, I just got so frustrated having to have money on 4 different sites, waiting for action, all the grimmy things that go on in HU (exactly same things happen in 6m ofc) that I just gave up, I remember when I started in HU PLO on ftp about 4 years ago, was maybe 10 guys playing midstakes (1/2 - 3/6) MicahJ, Doorbread and rickv only names that spring to mind, and people just used to sit one table at each stake so only ever had like 4, maybe 5 waiting HU tables, when there was no action we used to play each other at lower stakes. Online poker moved on quite a bit since then...

How much of your day is spent waiting?

I get what you are saying about brits and cash games, tournament success dominates headlines Sad there are a lot of brits out there playing in the biggest games though!

GL with this thread, gonna follow!!

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2014, 12:19:54 AM »

Pretty sure he's not busto, but seems to have made very poor decisions in regards to money.

I think that rumor started because it got out he was backed for a decent period after black friday, he also lost a LOT to Isildur apparently on ipoker during that time but i'd imagine he is doing ok Smiley 
He sold his account balance on ftp for .85c/$ as well which would have been a fair chunk to lose.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2014, 12:46:44 AM »

6m games run round him atm on stars when he sits

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2014, 01:30:23 AM »

6m games run round him atm on stars when he sits

is that not pretty stnd though? obv the best 6m players in the world, forhayley/katya/fish2013 etc will wanna play jungle in 6m lineups.
Can't see any of them playing him HU though...

RogerHairabedian

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2014, 02:40:25 AM »

Yeah exactly. I'm talking specifically HUNL online.

I can't really comment on who I believe is the best at 6 max or even NLHE overall. Probably someone like Ragen tho.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2014, 03:38:41 AM »

Yeah exactly. I'm talking specifically HUNL online.

I can't really comment on who I believe is the best at 6 max or even NLHE overall. Probably someone like Ragen tho.

money on top o' money

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2014, 05:55:36 AM »

According to this article on poker news junglemans had an ok start to 2014

For instance, “mikki696” has gotten off to a strong start and is the early 2014 leader with $400,984 in profit, which came from 4,264 hands over 61 sessions. Likewise, Ben “Bttech86” Tollerene (+$316,580 in 34 sessions/3,712 hands), “2Ari Gold” (+$272,575 in 52 sessions/3,912 hands), “Doorbread” (+$235,062 in 42 sessions/3,230 hands), and Daniel “jungleman12” Cates (+$173,492 in 22 sessions/2,320 hands) all did well on Full Tilt Poker. Over on PokerStars, “yurasov1990”* (+$179,391 in 9 sessions/1,281 hands) and Bryn Kenney* (+$156,553 in 8 sessions/1,357 hands) both booked six-figure wins, the latter of which was written about here.

lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2014, 03:18:25 PM »

Big Roger is big. Sat next to him once. I'll never forget when he had a spontaneous cough that his belly pushed the table 2 feet across the room. Nothing got displaced, it was like a magician removing the cloth from a dinner table.

GL with your HU grind. I used to bum hunt HU many years ago. I say bum hunt but I'd always play everyone once. There used to be enough fish in the games back then that you could actually be picky with who you played! Those were the days. I imagine to make a living from NLHE HU these days you need to be very good and determined. Weaker players will surely struggle to make much money any more...

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
RogerHairabedian

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2014, 04:33:00 PM »

Big Roger is big. Sat next to him once. I'll never forget when he had a spontaneous cough that his belly pushed the table 2 feet across the room. Nothing got displaced, it was like a magician removing the cloth from a dinner table.

GL with your HU grind. I used to bum hunt HU many years ago. I say bum hunt but I'd always play everyone once. There used to be enough fish in the games back then that you could actually be picky with who you played! Those were the days. I imagine to make a living from NLHE HU these days you need to be very good and determined. Weaker players will surely struggle to make much money any more...

Thanks!

If you had the same nick, I remember playing you on Boss media back in the day! It's very tough nowadays, each day you have to be prepared for battle. You can't just hang around and wait for weaker players like 2/3 years ago.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: