blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:43:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  HUNL Veteran getting back on track in 2014!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HUNL Veteran getting back on track in 2014!  (Read 49556 times)
RogerHairabedian

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2014, 12:23:58 PM »

Oh ok didn't realise SuuPRlim was lil Dave. Have read your blog a couple of times and enjoyed it actually!

Actually just been catching up on some Run it Once videos. Galfond's latest HU Zoom video at NL1k is some of the worst content I've seen him put out which is a real shame. Don't get me wrong, I have a huge amount of respect for Phil and what he's done in the game but his thought processes in HUNL were extremely low level and dated. I guess it's hard for to find people willing to share HU strategy nowadays (I for one would'nt make videos for a site currently)

Ty for the comments so far
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2014, 01:31:24 PM »

yeah i said elsewhere that galfonds nl game seems really weak atm, sauce hu video vs syous is really good though.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
RogerHairabedian

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2014, 02:58:45 PM »

yeah i said elsewhere that galfonds nl game seems really weak atm, sauce hu video vs syous is really good though.

Agreed the Sauce vids are excellent.

With Galfond, just goes to show how quickly someone can demise at a game when it is not their focus. His plo vids are much better imo.

I think Run it Once vids overall are of a pretty poor standard... Far too much online mtt stuff which doesn't really appeal to me, but maybe i'm biased
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2014, 03:05:30 PM »

The no limit stuff from Brian rast is really not great either IMO.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2014, 08:47:10 AM »

This is fast becoming one of the best Diaries on here, & I hope it continues.

I'm a little tickled at the use of the word "veteran" for a 25 year old, though.....you would not know me, but I'm a touch older than that. Think I've been playing since you were 10!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 08:48:51 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RogerHairabedian

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2014, 10:20:04 AM »

I'm a little tickled at the use of the word "veteran" for a 25 year old, though.....you would not know me, but I'm a touch older than that. Think I've been playing since you were 10!

Playing pretty much every day for 5 years straight makes you feel old. I'd never played a hand of poker until I was about 18.

I consider players that have been around heads up games as long as me veterans... hardly any of the same guys are playing now compared to when I started. People just seem to fizz out in poker after a couple of good years.

That's actually kind of why I started this thread, to keep motivated and continue to work hard in what is now a very tough environment to make money.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2014, 10:26:57 AM »

Playing pretty much every day for 5 years straight makes you feel old. I'd never played a hand of poker until I was about 18.

I consider players that have been around heads up games as long as me veterans... hardly any of the same guys are playing now compared to when I started. People just seem to fizz out in poker after a couple of good years.

That's actually kind of why I started this thread, to keep motivated and continue to work hard in what is now a very tough environment to make money.

Yes, fair comment. People arrive on the poker scene & then depart pretty soon in most cases, & not so many survive 5 years.

I saw something on Sharkscope the other day which suggested that 22% of Online Players are profitable.  (I assume this excludes cash players). I was quite surprised by that stat, & I'm not even sure I buy it - I assumed the % would be less than that.

Curiously, nearly 100% of Poker Forum users are profitable.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2014, 10:33:10 AM »

theres a difference between being a winner and being a winner though. i wonder what % of that 22% are actually variance free winners.

JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2014, 11:36:03 AM »

I've been playing quite alot (for me) of low stakes HU recently, and can definitely understand why you feel like a veteran. I find it really thought intensive compared to MTTs, but I guess thats because I haven't played that much.

It is so much more enjoyable though. The feeling when you're sitting a guy HU and you know he can do nothing but get lucky to win is like no other in Poker lol. Also enjoy it the other way round tbh, because I feel like I have to up my game alot to compete.
RogerHairabedian

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2014, 11:53:23 AM »

theres a difference between being a winner and being a winner though. i wonder what % of that 22% are actually variance free winners.

Very true. A lot of people are delusional when it comes to poker results. A big winner in say 2008 and 2009 playing now and losing all their winnings + more = a losing player!

Also, anyone can win in a small sample.
RogerHairabedian

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2014, 11:59:28 AM »

Yes, fair comment. People arrive on the poker scene & then depart pretty soon in most cases, & not so many survive 5 years.

I saw something on Sharkscope the other day which suggested that 22% of Online Players are profitable.  (I assume this excludes cash players). I was quite surprised by that stat, & I'm not even sure I buy it - I assumed the % would be less than that.

It sounds like you are questioning my legitimacy in this post Cheesy Can assure you I am a winning player!

Yeah but seriously 22% seems very high
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2014, 12:01:52 PM »

I saw something on Sharkscope the other day which suggested that 22% of Online Players are profitable.  (I assume this excludes cash players). I was quite surprised by that stat, & I'm not even sure I buy it - I assumed the % would be less than that.

Curiously, nearly 100% of Poker Forum users are profit

22% online players are winner ? Where the looser come from ? I defo not a winning player . Hopefully my mates are . It thought to win online . The swings are massively huge .
RogerHairabedian

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2014, 12:03:26 PM »

I've been playing quite alot (for me) of low stakes HU recently, and can definitely understand why you feel like a veteran. I find it really thought intensive compared to MTTs, but I guess thats because I haven't played that much.

It is so much more enjoyable though. The feeling when you're sitting a guy HU and you know he can do nothing but get lucky to win is like no other in Poker lol. Also enjoy it the other way round tbh, because I feel like I have to up my game alot to compete.

They do say HUNL is the purest form of poker  Cool
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2014, 12:12:36 PM »

It sounds like you are questioning my legitimacy in this post Cheesy Can assure you I am a winning player!

Yeah but seriously 22% seems very high

Absolutely not!

I just thought that % sounded wrong, & you seem the sort of chap that we can debate that sort of stuff with, without resorting to the extremes of hype we see so much on poker Forums. (crushed, smashed, hero, legend, da de da).

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2014, 12:22:46 PM »

There aren't any variance free winners. 

Think the stat is obviously wrong.  I must have started nearly 20 accounts over the years.  If you looked at those 20 and saw 17 winners, it wouldn't show 85% of players are winners.  This must follow through and winners are likely to have had more accounts than losers.

I guess I count as a veteran by most people's terms and fave spent most if that time wondering if I am still a winner in the games I play.  It must be close to impossible for most winners in MTTs to ever be sure.  I am sure it is clearer in head up games and cash, but even then you are going to get a lot of marginally profitable cash players. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: