blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:26:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Tea Time Tales: A Fish and his chips
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tea Time Tales: A Fish and his chips  (Read 81408 times)
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2014, 06:57:15 PM »

This diaries like a public toilet.  I only came in cause I was desperate.

Read to the end and can't find any crudely drawn pictures or dodgy phone numbers...

Great story though and bug congrats on the GPS run.

Cheers David1033, going to try and keep it interesting, however with the likes of Tomsom1823742811 posting continuous garbage, rexas moaning and Gil4001 telling us how much hes binked, i might find ut could be hard to keep it from falling into farce.
Will get another few threads going next week, sharing other interests.
Thanks on the GPS congrats, was delighted to make day 2, let alone an FT, hopefully onwards and upwards from here!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2014, 07:14:21 PM »

Quick (sort of) update from the weekend.
Thanks to Gorgeous Gary (DerbyLad) for messaging me friday afternoon saying he fancied the xxl giant, of course i did, so headed over there, and we managed a 2nd FT in a week, coming in 7th for £500. Only amusing hand of note , was shoving blind with 1bb UTG, UTG+1 wakes up with  , we suspect we are behind here, roll over the  two hearts, tell the table we wont lose and watch the board run out  three clubs . weeeeeeeeee
Bust, then sat down on cash, got a full double up with  against Poshboy who mucked, so left there with a profit.
Went to Gala, won a little on cash, then had a degen Chinese session with Rehfish and Gary, lost a bit there which was a shame, but overall a decent day.

Had to travel home for the weekend, funeral tuesday Sad
Met my dad and some poker friends from home at Aspers for the evening though. Decided to play a satelittle for a 30/30 coral tournament or something, never heard of it, but pure bubbled in 5th, 3 seats and 4th paid £150. Ah well, sat down at a 1/2 game with £200. Wouldn't usually play 1/2 however, the stack sizes/ the table looked similar to a deepish 1/1 game at DTD.
Had a few hands early on, including dem acez, which i might post on HH, pretty sure i butchered it. We got there OTR though and won a big pot, not really sure how to play it, need a skype group chat first!
Not many hands after that, and left with a decent win of about £400. Very pleased, other mates cashed out wins too, so all in all a successful trip.

Also delighted with the UTD score today.... #inMoyeswetrust

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2014, 08:26:32 PM »

Welcome to blond to LovesADraw too. He's a good mate of mine, met playing in the pub leagues in Kent. He chucked a hand up on the HH earlier, after we had a chat about the best way to go. I suggested he put it here to see what the good players thought. He is a great guy and always nice playing with him.

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2014, 08:29:15 PM »

Welcome to blond to LovesADraw too. He's a good mate of mine, met playing in the pub leagues in Kent. He chucked a hand up on the HH earlier, after we had a chat about the best way to go. I suggested he put it here to see what the good players thought. He is a great guy and always nice playing with him.

I just threw this plan out of the window by commenting, sorry :p

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
LovesADraw

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2014, 09:04:47 PM »

Thanks for the plug Verndog.... I'm just off to learn my lessons Haha

Lesson #1.
Dont tip dealers who slag off your play...
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2014, 09:16:29 PM »

Thanks for the plug Verndog.... I'm just off to learn my lessons Haha

Lesson #1.
Dont tip dealers who slag off your play...

Ha I always make it a point to tip the dealers if i win a big pot. Usually do get slagged off for the way I play from the dealers at DTD, but I know its the banter etc as we know them well. However for an unknown dealer to say that is totally unacceptable.

Luke Barradell

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2014, 02:11:20 AM »

Read first couple of pages, nice start, WP on the GPS score. I don't know if this has been asked before but what are you poker goals? Do you aim to be a professional or is it more of a hobby where you can make some good money while you're at uni?
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2014, 06:18:27 PM »

Read first couple of pages, nice start, WP on the GPS score. I don't know if this has been asked before but what are you poker goals? Do you aim to be a professional or is it more of a hobby where you can make some good money while you're at uni?

Erm I sort of mentioned this on my opening page i think,cant remember!!
In terms of poker goals, im fairly down to earth and realistic about it. As i said i dont think setting myself WPT titles and bracelets is realistic, dreams i do have of course, but I think its important to keep goals and dreams separate for now.
2014 for me has started quite strangely in terms of poker, a major FT was something at the start of the year I would never have thought was realistic, mainly due to bankroll/ not being able to play in the events.
From here, would like to play a few more tour events, without busting myself, and continue to improve. I feel deepstack tournies suit my game somewhat, so Id love to keep cashing some of these events, who knows maybe another FT or 2 and who knows a title? But as i said, continuing to improve and grind out profits is the aim.
Also would like to continue developing my online game. While at uni, with work, and the attraction of live poker only 25mins away i dont have the desire to grind bug tournament schedules, however over the summer that is something im definitely looking at doing, with the promise of a resident sicko on blonde to offer some coaching too.
Currently grinding a bit of the cap zoom, and winning a little. DOes this answer the question? Seems like ive blagged a lot there!
Do you play much Luke? Online/ Live?

Luke Barradell

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2014, 06:34:00 PM »

Play more online than live at the moment because I haven't got a car yet. When I play live it's just a dtd with my dad or brother or I'll play cash at Genting derby. Usually play cash online and sometimes tournaments if I can satellite into the bigger ones. Is that the HU zoom or regular?
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2014, 06:42:34 PM »

Ah ok, might have seen you at DTD before then? How old are you?
Erm its the capped zoom, heads up, very much a solvable game, have a shoved fold chart saved on my bookmarks, but just trying a few tweaks to see if i can reduce the variance pre flop.

Luke Barradell

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2014, 07:07:00 PM »

Ive not been for a while, last time i was there was for the big game. Not sure if you would recognise me. I played the HU cap for a few hours when it came out but never really got into it. Play 6-max zoom mostly
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2014, 08:57:51 PM »

feels like the fans need a new post. bust week with exams/revision/a little poker.
however, have a course social tonight, so will try whack something together tomorrow!

DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2014, 03:10:52 PM »

any updates about?

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2014, 04:02:09 PM »

Definitely the worst diary poster ever.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2014, 04:12:08 PM »

shut up chris
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: