blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:21:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Tea Time Tales: A Fish and his chips
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tea Time Tales: A Fish and his chips  (Read 80974 times)
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 02, 2018, 02:11:46 PM »

GTO Aces...
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 18, 2022, 01:12:12 PM »

Wow nearly 4 years since I posted. Where has that time gone?!

Anyone still a regular follower on blonde in general? Have logged back onto the site for the first time in a while.

Life update:

Nothing major! Playing a lot of live cash in London and going fairly well. Will look to share some hands here going forward.

Work:

Looking at setting up my own business as it never moved forward a few years ago.

How’s everyone else?

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 18, 2022, 01:51:28 PM »

Anyone still a regular follower on blonde in general? Have logged back onto the site for the first time in a while.

Life update:

Nothing major! Playing a lot of live cash in London and going fairly well. Will look to share some hands here going forward.

Work:

Looking at setting up my own business as it never moved forward a few years ago.

How’s everyone else?

Good to see you back.

What sort of business you planning to start?

All good here thanks. Karabiner is still quite old, Vinni has still not paid for dinner, Marky is still grimming us & Red-dog us still moaning.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 18, 2022, 01:58:00 PM »

Life update:

Work:

How’s everyone else?

Good to see you back.

All good here thanks. Karabiner is still quite old, Vinni has still not paid for dinner, Marky is still grimming us & Red-dog us still moaning.

Mr Tikay, good to hear from you.

I’m glad that covid hasn’t changed any personality traits in some then. Not sure Vinny will ever cough up for that nandos that he seems to owe everyone!

Business wise will be in the same line of work as I have been for a while now, so mortgages and insurance.

Hope isolation has treated you well?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 18, 2022, 02:22:57 PM »

Life update:

Work:

How’s everyone else?

Good to see you back.

I’m glad that covid hasn’t changed any personality traits in some then. Not sure Vinny will ever cough up for that nandos that he seems to owe everyone!

Business wise will be in the same line of work as I have been for a while now, so mortgages and insurance.

Isolation has been OK, such as it could be. I'm something of a hermit anyway, & I WFH, so in truth it's not overly troubled me. Like many of us, I went 9 months without a haircut, & I was not able to see Gill for around 6 months. When we were eventually able to meet again she burst out laughing when she saw my hair. Karabiner grew an utterly fabulous hair-do, especially for a man of his age.

Missing out on the annual Vegas trip was a bit of a pain tbh, but compared to the sacrifices many made, deffo can't complain.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: January 18, 2022, 02:48:40 PM »

Life update:

Work:

How’s everyone else?

Good to see you back.

Isolation has been OK, such as it could be. I'm something of a hermit anyway, & I WFH, so in truth it's not overly troubled me. Like many of us, I went 9 months without a haircut, & I was not able to see Gill for around 6 months. When we were eventually able to meet again she burst out laughing when she saw my hair. Karabiner grew an utterly fabulous hair-do, especially for a man of his age.

Missing out on the annual Vegas trip was a bit of a pain tbh, but compared to the sacrifices many made, deffo can't complain.

"I went 9 months without a haircut, & I was not able to see Gill"

This line made me laugh.

The older I get, the better I was.
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 05, 2022, 12:42:40 AM »

Couldn’t make the GUKPT at the vic this week which made me sad.

A lot of life/ new business admin this week which has been non stop. Also coaching a lot of cricket at the moment so hardly stopping!

Who is going to get the next England cricket coach job? Rumour has it Langer has been sacked so could be an outside chance?

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 06, 2022, 03:35:06 PM »

Langer would be a good coach for England, though there has been some background chatter about past indiscretions.
Gary Kirsten another good fit.

Looking like they may go for Sangakkara for white ball coach
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 27, 2022, 11:23:53 AM »

Made the trip north to DTD for the 250 deepstack with my old man. Something about that place will Always make it my fave place to come and play poker.
Dad not so good, busted 3 off day 2 but we made it through fairly comfortably, had one of the rare day 1s where there were no bad beats or sick spots and bagger 494,000 going back to 5/10/10k with 70 left and about 20k for the winner.

Let’s hope to run good again.

Would be nice to not just have Jurgen lifting a trophy today!

Good seeing fellow blondes John Black, Rexas, Sean Belton and Mr Gasgoine too. Been too long,

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 27, 2022, 08:39:21 PM »

ffs, just read the last 3 pages of this thinking it was recent.

FFS

Twat.

Thought you were coming to Malta? Or is that not happened yet?

Good luck at DTD if you're not out yet.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 01, 2022, 11:23:54 PM »

ffs, just read the last 3 pages of this thinking it was recent.

FFS

Twat.

Thought you were coming to Malta? Or is that not happened yet?

Good luck at DTD if you're not out yet.

Haha there’s no too recent stuff. Will try and keep the blog fairly updated going forward

DTD was as good as always, great to see similar faces and the staff make the place. Ryan and Simon in particular have to be two of the best floor guys going. Can’t wait to be back
I ended up coming second for 12k! Only time all comp I ran bad/ had some bad luck was heads up, had a chip lead going in but couldn’t hit anything. Ended up getting jacks in v A2 and he rivered an ace. Can’t moan, always nice to get a score.

Back to the live cash scene fkr a while. Anyone ever in kent/ London shout! Beer on me

bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 03, 2022, 12:13:42 PM »

enjoyed this blog (and many others) on here  years ago ,when every man and his dog was keeping a diary. there were some great ones , interesting to read best in the business when he started out and seeing him getting the lot these days. insane hedge was a fun read and bergeroo had a really interesting blog seperate from blonde that was very well written. then there was the the annual burn your wages ritual in summer, sponsored by tikay... then there was ragz to riches? getting all the sickest beats 8 days a week...

anyway great result at DTD last week, keep blogging when you can
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 23, 2022, 11:02:14 PM »

enjoyed this blog (and many others) on here  years ago ,when every man and his dog was keeping a diary. there were some great ones , interesting to read best in the business when he started out and seeing him getting the lot these days. insane hedge was a fun read and bergeroo had a really interesting blog seperate from blonde that was very well written. then there was the the annual burn your wages ritual in summer, sponsored by tikay... then there was ragz to riches? getting all the sickest beats 8 days a week...

anyway great result at DTD last week, keep blogging when you can

Thanks mate! Appreciate the kind words. I find it a real shame that blonde isn’t the hive of activity it was 6/7/8 years ago, but I guess people and their lives move on.

Will certainly try and keep the blog going.

Played cash today in London, had a decent winning session.

Off to Manchester tomorrow for the GUKPT main event. Will play the live sat in the evening and main on Friday regardless.
It’s one of these new cash out sats, where if you 10x your stack they take your chips off the comp and give you a seat regardless of when it is.
Any thoughts on ideal strat? I have always been a max late reg for sats but I feel that for these you have to be in from the start?

Anyone in Manchester? Let’s have a beer or a Nando’s!!drop us a line

Vern ❤️

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 25, 2022, 12:02:45 PM »

So not fully sure if we are now a master of the cash out sats or the opposite.

We managed to win a seat, first one to be taken out but on our 4th bullet. Vinny would be proud!
Weird dynamic. But it ended up playing down to 3 left with 1 seat so works ok i think. Still 100% prefer the old school sats though

Was fun railing in Rab09 in the sat too, and generally seeing some familiar faces

Just sat down for day 1. Let’s win!

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: March 25, 2022, 01:09:21 PM »

GL GL

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: