blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:15:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WHY CREATE A DIARY AND WANT TO BE ANON
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHY CREATE A DIARY AND WANT TO BE ANON  (Read 5782 times)
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2014, 05:38:02 PM »

I like reading diaries . Especially Alex , Pleno , Liam n few new one . Miss the John Black diary though . Recently there been a few new diaries which are very interesting to read . Fantastic talking about poker HH, volume etc.. But why post here & create a interesting diary BUT DONT WANT READERS TO KNOW WHO U ARE ? I am a fan of reading but I will like to know what I am reading and who's diary it is . Kind of annoying if u read a book but don't know who's the writer ! Please correct me if I am wrong . If they wanted to stay anon , why create a diary here ?
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 05:43:10 PM »

Who are you?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 05:45:43 PM »

You should do a diary Frankie
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 05:48:29 PM »

What would people think if we insisted (for new sign ups to the forum) and encouraged (for existing members) people to use their real names when posting on the forum, as you would if you belonged to a poker group on say facebook?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 05:53:01 PM »

What would people think if we insisted (for new sign ups to the forum) and encouraged (for existing members) people to use their real names when posting on the forum, as you would if you belonged to a poker group on say facebook?

No way, people should be allowed to be anonymous if they want. It will stop some signing up for sure also.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 05:54:37 PM »

In the particular instance that Frankie is referring to - I'd much rather have him stay anon because its not worth it (for him) to out himself in terms of $$$, he'll just not bother posting and that's a loss to the forum.

At the end of the day it is his choice, all he is doing is posting on a poker forum. I dont know the real names of some posters and its not important. Why should people be forced to reveal their real names and all their poker aliases?

As for Tighty's point - again disagree, UNLESS you are posting in the staking forums. I can create a profile with my picture on Facebook, but I can put any old name up there.
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 05:54:58 PM »

Ok . Get this straight . If u make a diary , talk about poker and all stuffs that happening to your daily life , should we know who's diary this is ? I am saying that u must singed up with real name BUT YOUR DIARY WE READING !!
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 05:56:09 PM »

Who are you?

My name us Waheed Ashraff know as Wadee .
Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 05:57:11 PM »

I don't think people should be forced to actually state there real names. But.. If someone starts a diary on their life or poker journeys, the whole point of it is to be personal. People are able to relate and connect to a person and their views. Alot of the time when reading an opening post, I honestly don't continue reading as don't know who they are. And in My opinion, a few diarys or threads are only started to get 300 posts so they can get on the staking boards too.

Think it the responiblity if a poster to introduce themselves to their readers.

Never folding... Bros just coming at us. We have a pair, if we're beat, we can always flop a set.
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 05:58:18 PM »

Shouldn't have make a diary if don't want readers to know who u are ? I don't disagree with them protecting the ££$$€€ but if they think if doing that , why create a ANON DIARY ? Simple as that
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 05:58:38 PM »

judge him on what he says and how he says it rather than who he is maybe?

is itttttt
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 06:01:18 PM »

Why all the shouting in the thread? Sure politely ask someone their real name, but I find the shouting and demanding a bit off putting.  

We have a new poster who has put a lot of good content on the board already, leave him be.  If he wants to say who he is, I think he has the right to do it when he wants.

Now if he calls me a ****, then it is different.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 06:04:09 PM »

Who's shouting ? Capital wording meant shouting ? Lol
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 06:06:38 PM »

Who's shouting ? Capital wording meant shouting ? Lol

Hi Frankie,

I know you don't always come across in the manner you intended.

Just so you know, UPPER CASE ("Capital wording") is the internet equivelant of shouting, or angry.

In your case, you don't mean it that way, of course, but not everyone realises that.  

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2014, 06:07:38 PM »

I like it being anon, he is like our version of the stig
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: