blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:56:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273096 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Omaha madness
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Omaha madness  (Read 1348 times)
Rexas

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2014, 02:40:13 AM »

PokerStars Hand #110917376586:  Omaha Pot Limit ($0.05/$0.10 USD) - 2014/01/29 0:52:20 WET [2014/01/28 19:52:20 ET]
Table 'Bianca IV' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: peixete ($16.08 in chips)
Seat 2: scrinvet ($12.43 in chips)
Seat 3: crowbar1989 ($8 in chips)
Seat 4: 1Rexas1 ($10 in chips)
Seat 5: tir_50_ve ($10 in chips)
Seat 6: mambochambo ($10 in chips)
tir_50_ve: posts small blind $0.05
mambochambo: posts big blind $0.10
crowbar1989: posts big blind $0.10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to 1Rexas1 [two spades ]
peixete: folds
scrinvet: calls $0.10
crowbar1989: raises $0.35 to $0.45
1Rexas1: calls $0.45
tir_50_ve: folds
mambochambo: folds
scrinvet: calls $0.35
*** FLOP *** [three clubs ]
scrinvet: checks
crowbar1989: bets $0.70
1Rexas1: calls $0.70
scrinvet: calls $0.70
*** TURN *** [three clubs ] []
scrinvet: checks
crowbar1989: checks
1Rexas1: bets $2.60
scrinvet: calls $2.60
crowbar1989: folds
*** RIVER *** [three clubs ] []
scrinvet: bets $6.10

So, this one felt time bank using up close. So I used up the time bank. Basically, can he value bet worse? For the most part I've been folding most nuts or nothing situations at this level, because its rarely nothing, but I really don't know if the guy could bet worse. I'm pretty much readless, although I guess I could say he's probably not a reg since I don't have many hands on him. Given his stats by the end of the session he's probably not a reg, but obvs these aren't relevant at this time.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 02:43:30 AM by Rexas » Logged

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 06:25:59 AM »

pretty bad bet by villain

in my eyes villain will be betting worse (for the dreaded word 'value') but not frequently enough..... but you have the top of your range here which makes things hurt a little more, stilllll cant see a call doing justice, it may be a spot where you can say ok its fair that you will get bluffed sometimes, but never enough to call confidently

To win at poker is to not have to play
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 07:17:39 PM »

I would 100% 3bet pre-flop, AA** (even bad ones) are so easy to play in 3bet pots when you're 100bb deep, and IMO harder to play (in particular the really ropey ones) in 3 or 4 way single raised pots, so I think it's a mandatory 3bet pre-flop.

Would prolly fold the flop too, it's quite dry but he's betting into 2 people and if we do have the best hand, then we're gonna hate pretty much every turn card, K/Q/J/T/9/7 only ones we gonna like is A's and prolly 2's - 4' 5's 6's are like MEH mmm as well. Basically we're prolly JUST getting the price to call with our hand vs his range right now (we might not be) and we have rough playability down the streets, even if he checks a 7 turn we're still quite likely to lose the hand.

River is like, pfffffff, in midstakes games vs anyone who doesn't appear to bbe very passive/straight forward i just call here w/e top of my range (pretty much) and people can do silly things but at this level like OXFORD says prolly just has a QT with two other cards that connected in some way with the board OTT. So for me calling = stnd and i look for reasons to fold but it should prolly be the other way round at this level.

gouty

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 07:30:47 PM »

I would 100% 3bet pre-flop, AA** (even bad ones) are so easy to play in 3bet pots when you're 100bb deep, and IMO harder to play (in particular the really ropey ones) in 3 or 4 way single raised pots, so I think it's a mandatory 3bet pre-flop.

Would prolly fold the flop too, it's quite dry but he's betting into 2 people and if we do have the best hand, then we're gonna hate pretty much every turn card, K/Q/J/T/9/7 only ones we gonna like is A's and prolly 2's - 4' 5's 6's are like MEH mmm as well. Basically we're prolly JUST getting the price to call with our hand vs his range right now (we might not be) and we have rough playability down the streets, even if he checks a 7 turn we're still quite likely to lose the hand.

River is like, pfffffff, in midstakes games vs anyone who doesn't appear to bbe very passive/straight forward i just call here w/e top of my range (pretty much) and people can do silly things but at this level like OXFORD says prolly just has a QT with two other cards that connected in some way with the board OTT. So for me calling = stnd and i look for reasons to fold but it should prolly be the other way round at this level.
If we had raised pre we could fold now on river but I suppose we have to call now as we are under repped? We can only really fold if we know oppo is an uber nit in a live game.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 08:25:42 PM »

Don't agree that we should 100% 3bet this hand. In fact I think there are a lot of merits to flatting in spots like this.

We might be under-repped as far as having top set but we definitely rep a set/strong hands pretty well. I'd lean fairly heavily towards folding now, as much as it sucks. Definitely calling some % of the time depending on the villain and timing etc.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 03:24:51 PM »

Don't agree that we should 100% 3bet this hand. In fact I think there are a lot of merits to flatting in spots like this.

I'd much much rather flat  Two Diamonds, this hand is virtually unplayable postflop without us flopping an ACE.

Also whereas we don't get much top set credit, we have a lot of A*** hands to flat the btn so on most Ahigh boards we get a top of top2 credit etc.

BALOTELLI9O

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 02:07:55 PM »

Agree with the above. Although you have AA you have nothing to go with it. I would just pre flop as played. The sb or bb could easily re raise then your happy to pump it up. Post flop I think the river is a fold. I find randoms in these low stakes games play their hands very face up. Would be shocked to see anything other than QT given the action.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: