blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:26:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Super League 2014
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Super League 2014  (Read 20283 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2014, 08:08:32 PM »

Super League season starts here.

Wigan v Huddersfield. Obviously biased, but can't see anything other than a Wigan win tonight.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2014, 09:11:28 PM »

Going as expected.

But there's a problem with the Sky cameras.  The close up camera is a split second behind the standard wide-zoom. It's very disconcerting, and it means that you see the ball being played twice when they switch from one zoom to the other, or you miss a tackle when they switch the other way.  It's very disconcerting!

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2014, 09:26:49 PM »

Bloody disconcerting when they switch from one zoom to the other.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2014, 09:39:49 PM »

I think the cameras have affected Huddersfield!  Very one-sided match, but good to see Wigan peaking again for the play-offs.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2014, 10:13:30 PM »

Emphatic.

BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 18, 2014, 10:18:57 PM »

I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me watching the game. It was really weird.
I think Scott Grix suffered from the same syndrome, one second he thought he was about to tackle someone and the next second they were past him
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: September 18, 2014, 10:21:32 PM »

I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me watching the game. It was really weird.
I think Scott Grix suffered from the same syndrome, one second he thought he was about to tackle someone and the next second they were past him

Cheesy

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: September 19, 2014, 10:35:58 PM »

Play offs not quite providing the spectacle the league or Sky would have hoped so far.

BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 19, 2014, 10:40:08 PM »

The NRL playoff game this morning was bizarre. It was 30-0 to the roosters after about 30 mins and I was thinking of going out rather than watching the second half. Half an hour later it was 30-30 and a drop goal 5 minutes from time made it 31-30 to the roosters.

Still time for 2 disallowed tries, including a really contentious one for the Cowboys in the final minute. Weirdest game I have seen in ages
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: October 04, 2014, 11:01:45 AM »

Bring on sintellins!!

Going to be at Old Trafford next week for this.  Perfect final really (as long as Wigan win!).

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: October 04, 2014, 01:40:27 PM »

Bring on sintellins!!

Going to be at Old Trafford next week for this.  Perfect final really (as long as Wigan win!).

This.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: October 05, 2014, 01:24:17 AM »

McIlorum with a suspected fractured cheekbone.

Wane said he'll have a scan after the final! Cheesy

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: October 06, 2014, 01:29:25 PM »

Sam Burgess fractures his cheekbone in the first challenge of the NRL Grand Final and goes on to win the MOTM award.  Nice way to retire from the game, for the time-being any way.

Congrats to Madge as well.  Would be excellent if Wane and Maguire can both be the winning GF coaches this year.

BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 06, 2014, 03:55:06 PM »

Did it 6 seconds in and made 225 metres and 35 tackles, winning man of the match after playing the full 80.

Half time interview was funny: how is your face Sam? " it's fucked, it's gone..."  Commentator. "Well didn't quite catch what Sam said there...."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: October 09, 2014, 12:37:04 PM »

Legend:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyleague/11147511/Brilliant-Billy-Boston-still-the-pride-of-Wigan-and-the-greatest-rugby-union-player-Wales-never-had.html

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: