blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:05:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  River decision
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: River decision  (Read 1242 times)
tight4better

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2014, 04:34:28 AM »

50/1 at gala. Normal image, villain is thinking and good and has been playing well/aggressive since he sat. I'm playing 400 and covered by villain.

We're 6 handed, open   UTG to £4, 5 callers incl villain from big.

We bet £13, weak player calls with 75 behind, villain calls.

Checks to me I Bet £28, people may not like the bet size but I'm betting small because I want the weaker player to call and have to be committed on most rivers with A8 type hands/gutshots+overs which I know he wouldn't fold. Weak player folds and I'm c/r'd to £70 by villain. I call, don't really consider jamming the turn think it's way too much and don't really expect him to call unless it's some sick cooler, I'd rather call and evaluate.

two spades

He bets £120.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 04:57:30 AM »

Call? Can have qj, jt, qt as bluff combos along with back door diamonds such as Kqd he can be value raising any 9 that he's peeled with and you've already said your turn bet is small so he can definitely be raising light for value or raising as a bluff to get you to fold a weak range because you bet small.

I'm assuming you lost to why you posted but don't worry mate it's cooler IMO.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
BALOTELLI9O

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 12:16:01 AM »

Absolute cooler. I don't think villain expects you to have a hand this strong given your bet sizing. If he has you beat sleep easy in the knowledge you played the hand fine, although I would bet bigger on the turn for sure. Villain has 400bb so I would be looking to get him to commit as much as possible.
gs08bjohnson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 01:29:09 PM »

A spoonful of sugar always helps the medicine go down
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 02:38:46 PM »

Call? Can have qj, jt, qt as bluff combos along with back door diamonds such as Kqd he can be value raising any 9 that he's peeled with and you've already said your turn bet is small so he can definitely be raising light for value or raising as a bluff to get you to fold a weak range because you bet small.

Agree 100%

Turn size is nice too, hand is wp assuming you called river.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 05:02:54 PM »

Agree 100%

+1, anyone raising?
gs08bjohnson

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 03:44:59 PM »

Agree 100%

+1, anyone raising?

I think it's too thin, we're probably slightly behind his value range (not nearly enough to fold though), and when we raise the weaker parts are largely going to fold.

Although if you mean as a bluff then there may be some merits to it I guess against the right opponent, as there aren't too many full house combos he can have as we block the 9 and we should fold out the straight vs some people.

Seems pretty image dependent, would be a value/bluff merge, kinda funky, but I prefer just calling I think.
JustinSayne

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 08:45:07 PM »

Agree 100%

+1, anyone raising?

For value or are we bluffing the river alex?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: