blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:15:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Things you have been wrong about in football
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things you have been wrong about in football  (Read 3498 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 11:26:08 AM »

Henrik larsson and his funky dreadlocks. 1st game for celtic, he came on as a sub. Gave the ball away which lead to them scoring the winner.

That boy will never make it at celtic.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2014, 07:36:43 PM »

Thought Sturridge was a good, but not an exciting signing for Liverpool.  We needed a forward who could manage to stand up and kick a ball a bit, so thought he'd fit that bill.  An improvement on Carroll, but more of a stop-gap is what I saw him as.

But he's been so much more, as his stats show over his first 33 games for Liverpool compared to Torres:

Torres - P33 G24 A3
Sturridge - P33 G28 A8

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2014, 07:46:05 PM »

I thought big Trevor Crutchley wouldn't notice me wiping my nose on his goal-post jersey.

The older I get, the better I was.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2014, 07:48:35 PM »

Thought Sturridge was a good, but not an exciting signing for Liverpool.  We needed a forward who could manage to stand up and kick a ball a bit, so thought he'd fit that bill.  An improvement on Carroll, but more of a stop-gap is what I saw him as.

But he's been so much more, as his stats show over his first 33 games for Liverpool compared to Torres:

Torres - P33 G24 A3
Sturridge - P33 G28 A8

Football Manager guru's knew.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2014, 07:59:51 PM »

Torres - P33 G24 A3
Sturridge - P33 G28 A8

Football Manager guru's knew.

Haha.

I bet the stats comparing their last 33 games show an even bigger difference Cheesy

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2014, 02:17:24 AM »

I wish Nem was on this thread. I'm still waiting for Steve McClaren's big future! Cheesy
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2014, 02:33:22 AM »

I wish Nem was on this thread. I'm still waiting for Steve McClaren's big future! Cheesy

Steve McClaren took my small town to a European final only twenty years after we were minutes from going out of business and to our first cup win.  He did alright in my eyes and given he has since won the first Dutch title in Twentes history and taken Derby from also rans to automatic promotion contenders you could argue he has acheived more in his career than most managers with less resources.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2014, 02:34:25 AM »

That said in spirit of the thread I thought Tony Mowbray really was the messiah....

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2014, 03:28:40 AM »

That said in spirit of the thread I thought Tony Mowbray really was the messiah....

Me too Sad

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2014, 04:29:51 PM »

My dad said to me at Wembley:

"Micky Gray wont miss"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2014, 04:36:14 PM »

"I really don't think this is going to work" I turned to the then Mrs in the main stand at Filbert Street

Six games into MON's Leicester job, 2-0 down at home to Sheffield United in the second half

We then went on an eight game unbeaten run, got up via the play-offs, won two league cups in three finals, played Red Star Belgrade and Atletico Madrid in Europe, were top of the Premier League in mid October

and then he left for Celtic

----

"I really don't think this is going to work"

when Peter Taylor was appointed and spent £5.2m of the Heskey £11m on Akinbiyi

I was right next time!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2014, 08:14:22 PM »

"I really don't think this is going to work" I turned to the then Mrs in the main stand at Filbert Street

Six games into MON's Leicester job, 2-0 down at home to Sheffield United in the second half

We then went on an eight game unbeaten run, got up via the play-offs, won two league cups in three finals, played Red Star Belgrade and Atletico Madrid in Europe, were top of the Premier League in mid October

and then he left for Celtic

----

"I really don't think this is going to work"

when Peter Taylor was appointed and spent £5.2m of the Heskey £11m on Akinbiyi

I was right next time!

Still think that has to go down as one of the worse £5m + signings in football history relative a) the year in question and how much £5m bought u then and b) how much £5m meant to a club the size of leicester.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2014, 08:23:26 PM »

Dan Petrescu was one of my favourite Premiership players.  Thought he always seemed to be excellent for Chelsea.  Thought he'd be out best ever signings, and couldn't believed we got him for £1m.  17 games later we sold him to Southampton for £100k, and I think we mugged them. 

A racing thread like this would be about 100 pages long with just my contributions.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2014, 09:00:06 PM »

Believed the hype and thought Hugo Viana was going to be as good as Ronaldo.

Thought Gullit was a good appointment as manager.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: