blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:41:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Ignoring ICM
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ignoring ICM  (Read 1006 times)
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2014, 11:47:05 AM »

Was sweating a session last night and this hand came up.  Sorry I don't have the HH available but it's fairly straight forward.

4 handed on final table of a $15 180 man, blinds 2.5k/5k/500ante

CO (hero) 42,000
Bu (random playing really tight) 30,000
Blinds are regs (sb aggro reg, bb tight reg) with roughly 99,000 each

We have  .

I ran this spot through ICMIZER and it suggested pushing KJo.  I then ran the same ICM spot using the new Future Game Simulation (which magically calculates ICM with regards to possible future action), and it said we should shove KTo.  I'm also fairly sure that the button will be willing to blind down to 1bb to make the jump.

My question is do we stick strictly with the ICM calculations here, or do we take this slightly -ICM spot (I think we lose $1.18 by shoving in this situation) and give ourselves a shot at winning?
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 12:09:36 PM »

Presuming you adjusted their ranges?

I would say jam, it's not like our edge will be too great with 2 regs with chips and a nit. They might fold tighter than normal given stack layout.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 06:59:10 PM »

These 180's are really all about that first place. Having the guy who is willing to blind down to 1bb on the CO might actually help here aswel since the payjump between 4th and 3rd is significant to us mere mortals.
With gameflow considerations by this point I'm normally playing way more aggressive then at any point in the 180.

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 07:02:09 PM »

What is the cEV of this shove rather than icm out of intrest? Fully agree with MC here btw.

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 09:31:22 PM »

I think you'll need to adjust blinds ranges for calling too right here even if they're regs. They will like their position and would rather open on you and make chips that way I'm sure.

Regardless of your hand, this has to be a great jamming spot. Not folding.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: