blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:29:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  PLO8 109: Weird spot vs reg with a funky hand and it made my head hurt
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PLO8 109: Weird spot vs reg with a funky hand and it made my head hurt  (Read 2411 times)
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2014, 03:16:37 PM »

how far into the tourney would you have to be to consider 3b/c flop

i don't see how with what you said is your kinda ''loose'' image people wont be trying it on betting all there sets vs you as well as worse flushes

Vs a few players I'd do it now and later on it would just kind of go in with the stack sizes being the key factor. Generally if the 3b isn't virtually all in I'd wouldn't be ever so keen on it. Sometimes these things happen though. I dont think this is a spot people typically bluff and I'd expect any set to call and not want the money to go in just yet, particularly if they have a good low draw. If not it might be fair to try and blast your opponent  out of the pot but I'm not so sure it happens in these games. Sets would make more sense as "bluffs" than other flushes as they have more equity vs my continuation range. Sorry it took me so long to respond.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2014, 06:09:23 PM »

how far into the tourney would you have to be to consider 3b/c flop

i don't see how with what you said is your kinda ''loose'' image people wont be trying it on betting all there sets vs you as well as worse flushes

Vs a few players I'd do it now and later on it would just kind of go in with the stack sizes being the key factor. Generally if the 3b isn't virtually all in I'd wouldn't be ever so keen on it. Sometimes these things happen though. I dont think this is a spot people typically bluff and I'd expect any set to call and not want the money to go in just yet, particularly if they have a good low draw. If not it might be fair to try and blast your opponent  out of the pot but I'm not so sure it happens in these games. Sets would make more sense as "bluffs" than other flushes as they have more equity vs my continuation range. Sorry it took me so long to respond.

it's way too tough a spot for me, i cant come to terms myself on whats best. I like the whole screw balance here, because of the dynamics of it being reg on reg, you 9 handed opening utg then being HU oop on such monotone flops your cbet can get ran over.  it could be cool to just c/c all 3?

To win at poker is to not have to play
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2014, 10:04:09 PM »

if flop is a betfold we should check?!...
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2014, 10:50:41 PM »

Its a spot where id often check/call, we have a good hand to do it and get one bet off bluffs/can get barreled by a hand that has a weakish low draw that has a bit of a made hand such as A582 or a495 or a lower flush that wants me to fold a low draw. Check/calling here is virtually always the better play and balance isn't that key because we are both on multiple tables and he is unlikely to be taking too detailed notes about my exact lines in certain spots. I know I dont review these hand histories too frequently and just go off general notes but if he or anyone else does I like to at least try and keep a bit of balance, never doing one thing too often. Luckily there aren't too many spots where my range will need balancing as several spots in o8 tend to do it naturally.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: