blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:17:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272604 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  PLO Tourney FT Bubble
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PLO Tourney FT Bubble  (Read 1663 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2014, 12:08:19 AM »

Already in the money as 12 get paid in the $2k gte $26+2RE.

I have 28k, about average on one of two 5-handed tables, blinds are 500/1k.

Folds to me and I open to 2500 OTB with AT93 ccxx, SB peels.

Flop is A34 cc and SB leads for 7500.

Do we have any choice but to shove here?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 07:29:12 AM »

You always have a choice. In this case I would choose to shove.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 09:07:21 AM »

Whats SBnstack btw?

Either way I'd be very happy about shoving here I think you'll find yourself in v good shape quite a bit more often than you'll think

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 09:51:50 AM »

Assume we have the nfd?

Shoving anyway like, think it's completely fine.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 10:07:49 AM »

Whats SBnstack btw?

Either way I'd be very happy about shoving here I think you'll find yourself in v good shape quite a bit more often than you'll think

I have 28k, SB has me just covered with 30kish.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 10:09:19 AM »

Assume we have the nfd?

Shoving anyway like, think it's completely fine.

NFD and top+bottom pair.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 10:56:18 AM »

You can call and keep calling and our opponent will still make a bunch of bad decisions. The only hand I think you might not stack if you call is 567x that bricks the turn, but I still feel like he wouldnt fold very often. I'm not sure it really matters but I'd probably just shove.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 11:03:38 AM »

Personally, I like to (nay, have to) keep these things simple, & I think it is a great spot to shove.

He can have all sorts here - probably just a big ace imo, or maybe the K or Q flush draw - but there are not many hands he can have that we'd be too bothered by, other than a set, & even then we are far from dead.

Looks a terrific spot to me, & if we win it, we can go on & win this. If we fold here, I think we spend the rest of the Tourney regretting it. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 10:13:42 PM »

Is SB calling his entire range, here, given he has donked into us? That would seem to make our decision much easier.

As a self-confessed PLOfish, I shove and am delighted to do so (I have outs!)

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 01:04:29 AM »

Personally, I like to (nay, have to) keep these things simple, & I think it is a great spot to shove.

He can have all sorts here - probably just a big ace imo, or maybe the K or Q flush draw - but there are not many hands he can have that we'd be too bothered by, other than a set, & even then we are far from dead.

Looks a terrific spot to me, & if we win it, we can go on & win this. If we fold here, I think we spend the rest of the Tourney regretting it. 

I must say that I never considered folding here, it was more of a fist-pumping shove with very little thought as even if he had flopped massive I still had outs.

Of course he snapped me off with the mighty JJ52 and I bricked twice.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2014, 09:42:29 AM »

I must say that I never considered folding here, it was more of a fist-pumping shove with very little thought as even if he had flopped massive I still had outs.

Of course he snapped me off with the mighty JJ52 and I bricked twice.

Ha! So he flopped the wheel? Yikes.

I'm not sure I could ever be creative enough in PLO to call a pre flop bet, even a small one, with J-J-5-2, but good luck to him. He needs it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 08:54:42 AM »

Yeh the reason I asked the SB stack was if he had a heap of chips then it makes him way more likely to have some junky JJ52 hand, 30k stacks here should very rarely be calling with anything that has a 5 and a 2 with it, so vs a 30k stack my primary worry would be a dbl paired hand that's flopped a set.

So yeah basically even more confident to get it in vs an average stack, but people can play so badly preflop in tournaments my whole point here might not be massively relevant.

Calling an option, but I think we have the option now to get a chunk of money in very good, and 52 can play v well vs our actual hand when we call (prolly give up on clubs and our boat cards, maybe we can bluff 4's) so I think it's simpler to just go all-in now when we are confident the equity's there

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: