blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:45:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Practice
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Practice  (Read 1196 times)
chemicaltoon

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2014, 08:06:56 PM »

Hi

I've been a lurker of Tips for Tikay for few months now. Was called out by Tikay for stalking/being a voyeur and not interacting on the site, posted and glad I did. Even had a look at some of the threads on poker hand histories thinking I might try and learn to play NL the right way after exile, but my head hurt after reading them, and I remembered why I don't/didnt enjoy playing online poker, just not thinking in the same way you winning players are. Will restrict NL Hold Em for when I'm playing drunks or they are providing conversation that is worth me losing the money for.

It was easy posting the first bet (Man U -1 v Norwich , Giggs first game) as it was a bit of a gimme. I could have posted Man U -2 as had that bet on too, but wanted to get the first one in as a winner with no worries.

Second time trying to post, was much harder to try and put down why I was betting the way I was. Ended up babbling away, and running short of time. I posted something close to the kick off time stating what I was gonna do, but with no bet recommended. It ended up winning but not really for the reasons I was stating, whole thing wasn't done great on my part, improvement is needed. Will post it up at some point to try and explain my thinking better and to give example of what went wrong.

So I'm going to try and post here as shouldn't be using that thread to type out my thoughts and clog it up, when I'm not even 100% if my logic is sound. I'm a bit behind the times with this internet stuff. The couple of posts I have made on this site are about my only contribution to the internet. So need to practice so that when I have a bet I'm happy with I can post it in 'Tips for Tikay' properly and confidently.

Unfortunately for those that read any of this thread, there is gonna be potential for a lot of nonsense and it would be foolish to assume I'm not gonna be wrong in a lot of the things I give as reasons, especially at the beginning. Hopefully with time and some posts, I'll be able to articulate my thoughts better though and will start posting more winners than losers.

This isn't something to read, if your looking to find winning tips, don't put your own money on anything in here would probably be your best bet.

If I am the only one who reads and posts here that's fine. If someone with more knowledge sees something I write and can point out some of my mistakes that's great too, before or after the fact. Long past the time when I thought I knew everything, as I get older it seems more true than ever.

Overall aim is to be able to post some winners for Tikay and all the people on there who've helped me without knowing. I've not actually placed that many bets off of the thread, but have definitely taken a lot from it and would be good to pay them back, and given me the belief that money can be made sports betting.

Not sure if all that was needed but felt weird to start a thread off with 'this is not a tip but Pepe to get a yellow card tonight versus Bayern Munich, with some reasons why I thought it was a bet. And to those who read to the end and are now thinking 'I wont get that time back', apologies.

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 08:08:35 PM »

Looks like the start of a diary to me mind. Wink
chemicaltoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 08:25:38 PM »

Looks like the start of a diary to me mind. Wink

You might be right there fella, not quite sure what I'm doing, going forward it should only be my own brand of betting logic or not as the case may be. If no one reads it that's fine.

late getting the first post up so good start, as I was saying too much above.

almost didn't get the bet on Pepe to be carded

Wait till you hear my views on the Toon at some point
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 08:27:06 PM »

Really looking forward to this Kev, & I'm certain you'll get some great feedback, especially from the Betting Elders.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
chemicaltoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 08:33:48 PM »

Im struggling to move a file over from my laptop that contains some reasoning behind why I went Pepe, but the jist of it was he has 4 of his 8 cards this year have come against A Madrid and Barca which is the tougher teams to play and he is not on the brink of a suspension if he got one tonight

I took 5/6 anytime and 10/1 first, I don't really know how some of the others in Tips for Tikay put together prices the way they do. Tend to just go for what I think will and look to get the best price I can. Does anyone think these prices are too far wrong or how to explain. Is it more a case of just going to betfair and using that as a guide
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: