blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:49:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Apple question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Apple question  (Read 1195 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2014, 02:33:27 AM »

I bought a 52" tv and want to watch a movie tomorrow night on it via my apple MacBook Pro.

I simply just connect it via a hdmi cable right?

Also will the quality be that of the tv or of my laptop? Probably hilariously dumb question.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 07:58:05 AM »

I bought a 52" tv and want to watch a movie tomorrow night on it via my apple MacBook Pro.

I simply just connect it via a hdmi cable right?

Also will the quality be that of the tv or of my laptop? Probably hilariously dumb question.

Internet ready TV? Cant you just watch the film via an app on the TV?

Carpe Diem
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 08:27:23 AM »

The movie is on my iTunes

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
willrobrobu

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 10:05:07 AM »

this may help

http://www.wikihow.com/Connect-a-Macbook-to-a-TV
Pawprint

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 02:23:04 PM »

If you connect it via a HDMI cable and extend the screen from your Mac, the quality will be the lesser of either the maximum resolution of your graphics card in you Mac or the maximum resolution on your TV.

If you are planning on doing this on a regular basis, you can't go far wrong than having an Apple TV box.  Allows you to rent and buy films, stream Netflix, stream music, films and TV from your iTunes account or your Mac (or any PC linked up to that network).

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 02:34:26 PM »

If you connect it via a HDMI cable and extend the screen from your Mac, the quality will be the lesser of either the maximum resolution of your graphics card in you Mac or the maximum resolution on your TV.

If you are planning on doing this on a regular basis, you can't go far wrong than having an Apple TV box.  Allows you to rent and buy films, stream Netflix, stream music, films and TV from your iTunes account or your Mac (or any PC linked up to that network).

Great.

And the quality with the apple box would be that of the tv or the macbook to the same as above ( the worst one)

Pawprint

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 03:11:06 PM »

Great.

And the quality with the apple box would be that of the tv or the macbook to the same as above ( the worst one)

It runs either 1080p or 720p HD.  You can link up any apple device to it via Airplay, so as long as you have a decent wifi network then shouldn't be a problem.

I stream HD films straight from iTunes, and I also Airplay BT Sport from my iPad to it (As I don't have Sky, but get BT Sport free with the broadband), and the quality has always been great.

marcro

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 03:30:13 PM »

The Apple TV box is definitely the way to go.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: