blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 04:10:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272911 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  $215 PLO 6max four handed
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: $215 PLO 6max four handed  (Read 2192 times)
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2014, 06:03:00 AM »

no hh's but i bust out from a little under the avg stack which was a tad over 20,000 in back to back hands which i suspect could've been played different

its a scoop event so all the levels with 20min clock structure

228 paid and there's over 400 left so no pay/bubble relevance

i get moved to a new table with 16k @ 100/200

this table is 4 handed

UTG

Raise to 700
BTN raises pot from 5,500 stack it folds back and we get it in, fine? ......... THIN?

« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 06:05:27 AM by Oxford_HRV » Logged

To win at poker is to not have to play
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 06:15:01 AM »

4 handed i think it's fine

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 10:34:16 AM »

Meh idk. Always just seem to have AA when they pot 3bet PF in tournaments, have a gut that folding to the 5500 may be better.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 12:43:03 PM »

Meh idk. Always just seem to have AA when they pot 3bet PF in tournaments, have a gut that folding to the 5500 may be better.

4 handed he can have lots of AKxx AQQx AJ10Qds etc etc type hands and the blinds are moving through him pretty quick 4 handed so half decent kings with a suit i think is fine here

@GreekStein on twitter.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 12:43:40 PM »

Not fistpump loving it obv, but sigh sticking it in.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 04:40:19 PM »

i wasn't loving this for sure, the table was only 4 handed for a couple hands as tables balanced, but i'm considering short handed range dynamics still.

i had the similar thought with what villain coould have in my gut feeling as GreekStein. i was considering villain to be much wider than average, this table i have just appeared at is 4 handed with two above avg stacks and villain, so he coud've just lost chunks on the previous hand in some multi way madness and possibly be much wider than standard and tilted.

to be clear i pot to 700 villain re pots 2400 off 5500 and we do a re raise to see all 5 cards.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 04:42:20 PM by Oxford_HRV » Logged

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 06:05:21 PM »

I think this is probably very close, probably the worst KKxx I'd want to go with.

Think folding never a huge mistake tbh but don't hate an eyeball.

depends how much you think he's reacting to the 4-handedness of the table as well i think...
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 07:36:06 PM »

had to go on assumptions here, first hand on a new table.

I am not sure if i could fold to a 3b from anyone at the table, and i think that could be pretty bad. KK67 doesnt flop er... well.

i can open fold 6 handed so maybe open limping/folding is closer than i first thought. 

villain had AKK4 no suit

wazz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 06:07:26 AM »

I might be in the minority here but I think our hand is good enough to call, assuming we're donking a balanced range of flops
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 01:20:55 PM »

no hh's but i bust out from a little under the avg stack which was a tad over 20,000 in back to back hands which i suspect could've been played different

its a scoop event so all the levels with 20min clock structure

228 paid and there's over 400 left so no pay/bubble relevance

i get moved to a new table with 16k @ 100/200

this table is 4 handed

UTG

Raise to 700
BTN raises pot from 5,500 stack it folds back and we get it in, fine? ......... THIN?

Its a reluctant fold from me, I think I want a better spot for 30% of my chips, given all other considerations. 

They are not exactly good Kings either.

I know we are only 4-handed, but we've only just arrived at the table, so I want to watch tricks for an orbit or two first. Villain could easily be Tighty McTight or a complete nutcase, or anything in between. I'm a gonna wait awhile.

Disclaimer - Am Chairman of the Royal Society of Nits. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 01:41:46 PM »

I might be in the minority here but I think our hand is good enough to call, assuming we're donking a balanced range of flops

Was gonna post the same thing, without the donking a balanced range bit. Flatting feels better than 3betting to me.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 03:30:37 PM »

why are we open potting?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2014, 03:49:28 PM »

Oh I misread the HH... thought hero had 3bet for some reason, not opened and then been 3bet lol...
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2014, 06:45:00 PM »

when people full pot 3bet in these comps they just seem to show up with AA** all the time, which is my worry. Not sure calling a full pot raise is that great in a comp either...

Agree open to 500 imo, defo no need to pot open in a comp

Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2014, 08:49:06 PM »

definitely decided open potting is bad here. (its not my standard open) as i said, i dont think i could fold to a 3b after i have opened and just in general open potting is not needed in MTT. its put me to a rough decision here for th strength of my hand.

I cant really donk bluff many missed flops either because villain will be getting a sick price to call. if i peeled pre i think i would probably c/f JQX n' high flops but be happy donking with a few low boards + sigh betting 89X

It's really the pre flop pot which has done me here, i can open to 500 peel a pot 1800 and be able to let go or go with it feeling i've got around 35%

are peeps r/f if they open to 500? or raise folding how i've played? i think its tough to do this in game short handed.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: