blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:05:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Marks-ups getting out of hand
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marks-ups getting out of hand  (Read 32584 times)
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 17, 2014, 05:53:02 PM »

But how much did he win?!?!?!?!?!?!

nada

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 17, 2014, 06:42:44 PM »

The FB thread this is all in reference to was a total joke, I don't actually think the person did it with the intention of "misleading" anyone consciously, but I am 99% sure the ambiguous nature of the post was to hide the mark-up (even if it was sub-concious) because its blaringly obvious to people with an understanding on poker/poker tournaments that 1.3 cannot represent anywhere near good value* **

*no disrespect to his poker ability, but low-buy-in and small fields mean ROI's of 20-25% will be towards to top end for the best players in the field and for 1.3 to be a good deal he'd need to be starting somewhere near 50% which is unrealistic for these comps and I'm fairly sure the poster knows this too.

**I'm sure the poster is +EV in these comps.

I'd have liked to see the post start out with "Anyone wanna take a punt on me in these comps" and not all this "I usually sell out straight away" nonsense making it sound like its hot property. The post could have been an open, honest one and would have sold for sure, but all the smoke and mirrors make it seems very disingenuous which is why it caused controversy.

JUST IMO ofc.

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 17, 2014, 10:35:37 PM »

How exactly do prices get out of hand in a free market?

You assuming all investors are rational and have access to full information?  Once you move away from this prices can get out of line in any market?  I assume these people haven't got access to his sharkscope to be able to make any assessment at all of his plo8 skills.  Suppose you were somebody who had enough information to make a better judgement where is your incentive to reveal it?

At my local golf club, on our exchange and mart board, I once got offered an option to purchase a piece of genuine moon rock that was about the size of a golf ball. The person selling it was known to me, i wouldn't say he was a friend but we were networked through a shared interest - golf.  He did, as i understand it, through an uncle have strong connections to NASA and I was told it was an unbelievable investment at £5,000 and be certain to rise in value by several % per year.  Other people bought some. He had 6 or 7 pieces for sale and the stock was limited and you needed to be quick.  I couldn't prove whether it was great value, would go up in worth or was genuine as i didn't have access to all the full information at the time.  Neither me, nor anyone i knew was clued up on moon rock.  I didn't buy it, but instead invested in a classic car that was for sale at the same time on the same board for £4.5k that had all the service history, had been checked out by my cousin who is a car dealer and according to established market trends had seen its value rise in recent years and could definitely be sold at auction within a month for £6k. I had bought a similar one 6 months prior and had made £2k on it.

How is this story any different? I had a choice. I made one over the other, i wasn't forced into either but was offered both. I just chose not to invest in something that i couldn't validate the claims of. Its a free market. Packages will be offered at different rates and some will be offered with clearer terms that others. We are all adults, buyer beware.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 17, 2014, 10:44:52 PM »

How much is the moon rock worth now?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 17, 2014, 10:45:43 PM »

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2014, 10:51:51 PM »

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 17, 2014, 11:16:49 PM »

Give or take a couple of pounds what someone is willing to pay for it.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 17, 2014, 11:31:52 PM »

Something something price has rocketed.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 18, 2014, 11:37:16 AM »

The FB thread this is all in reference to was a total joke, I don't actually think the person did it with the intention of "misleading" anyone consciously, but I am 99% sure the ambiguous nature of the post was to hide the mark-up (even if it was sub-concious) because its blaringly obvious to people with an understanding on poker/poker tournaments that 1.3 cannot represent anywhere near good value* **

*no disrespect to his poker ability, but low-buy-in and small fields mean ROI's of 20-25% will be towards to top end for the best players in the field and for 1.3 to be a good deal he'd need to be starting somewhere near 50% which is unrealistic for these comps and I'm fairly sure the poster knows this too.

**I'm sure the poster is +EV in these comps.

I'd have liked to see the post start out with "Anyone wanna take a punt on me in these comps" and not all this "I usually sell out straight away" nonsense making it sound like its hot property. The post could have been an open, honest one and would have sold for sure, but all the smoke and mirrors make it seems very disingenuous which is why it caused controversy.

JUST IMO ofc.

You're right Dave, people who make something sound like it's hot property when they sell it need to be told straight.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 18, 2014, 11:43:47 AM »

Come to think of it I remember watching QVC in some drunken haze and buying a universal fruit and vegetable slicer cos the woman said it was so amazing you wont be able to live without one. Well that's bollocks because 6 months down the track it's still unopened in the box and yet I'm perfectly fine.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 18, 2014, 12:10:33 PM »

If the crying girl is attractive and giving her money back significantly increases my chances of sleeping with her then sure, i'd give her money back.

Just use the £250 and Madame mysteries knocking shop, cheaper and your not worried about more kids mouths to feed as they are well protected

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 18, 2014, 12:50:46 PM »

Come to think of it I remember watching QVC in some drunken haze and buying a universal fruit and vegetable slicer cos the woman said it was so amazing you wont be able to live without one. Well that's bollocks because 6 months down the track it's still unopened in the box and yet I'm perfectly fine.

We've all been there, I bought myself £40s worth of amazon book vouchers because it was a 'hot deal'

Just buy yourself a book you mug.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 18, 2014, 12:58:10 PM »

Yo Mantis

Why do you think they have all that protection in place for people buying financial products?

For instance, if you sell payment protection insurance for 10 or 20 times its value and you didn't explain it properly, you have to pay the mugs who bought it back all their money plus interest.

and the rest of us have to put up with a lifetime of spam emails, annoying adverts and phone calls.

Why don't they do all this for mugs buying slicers on QVC?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 18, 2014, 01:43:49 PM »

financial product benefits and costs are easier to quantify, a tangible product less so... With a blender or whatever, it more comes down to what price someone will pay for it... supply and demand, how much competition's in the market, etc. The benefit can be more subjective top e.g. Moonrock... no practical benefit, but peeps just want some moonrock
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 18, 2014, 01:47:12 PM »

Yo Mantis

Why do you think they have all that protection in place for people buying financial products?

For instance, if you sell payment protection insurance for 10 or 20 times its value and you didn't explain it properly, you have to pay the mugs who bought it back all their money plus interest.

and the rest of us have to put up with a lifetime of spam emails, annoying adverts and phone calls.

Why don't they do all this for mugs buying slicers on QVC?

Not sure?!? Is it something to do with the 14 day no quibble money back guarantee?

I like the comparison to financial products though. So really the guys who hunt around facebook looking to highlight poor value poker staking packages are seeking to offer the community protection like the financial ombudsman do. I think that's a great free service, well played lads. Actually I saw a similar unpaid group on telly the other day who spend their time standing by speed cameras dressed as caped crusaders and holding big signs to warn other motorists. In reality there's a lot of community spirit out there if you look for it imo.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: