blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:18:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Summer transfer talk and next season's bets
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Summer transfer talk and next season's bets  (Read 7795 times)
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2014, 09:47:03 PM »

I wouldn't guarantee either/both would get in the Liverpool first choice 11, Lovren more likely than Lallana. I'd rather Coutinho than Lallana for example, who Liverpool picked up for £8.5m. Southampton are a true team, similar to Atletico on a smaller scale. They all play well within their system, without any real superstars. Put any one player into a different system and they may not be as effective.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2014, 09:47:04 PM »

as for not being 20 lovern is 1 year older than rio was when he went from leeds to man u basically the right age to be buying a premiership center back

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2014, 09:48:14 PM »

Yes, but Rio is one of the best defenders Europe has seen in the last twenty years, Lovren isn't.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2014, 09:49:54 PM »

I wouldn't guarantee either/both would get in the Liverpool first choice 11, Lovren more likely than Lallana. I'd rather Coutinho than Lallana for example, who Liverpool picked up for £8.5m. Southampton are a true team, similar to Atletico on a smaller scale. They all play well within their system, without any real superstars. Put any one player into a different system and they may not be as effective.

oh well hope you dont need them for your first team and intrest wane as the saints hold out for more money cause i would love for everyone to stay for next season as at present there is intrest in up to 6 of our key players and if we lose all of them i would be punting on relegation

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2014, 09:50:54 PM »

Yes, but Rio is one of the best defenders Europe has seen in the last twenty years, Lovren isn't.

rio wasnt when he was bought he had potential to be and proved that potential

lovern has potential that would be more fullfilled at a bigger team

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2014, 09:51:59 PM »

and my post wasnt about his price it was about the age he was bought at you had earlier posted that he wasnt 20

24/25 is an ideal age to be blooding a CB into a priemiership defence

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2014, 09:52:46 PM »

It would be madness to buy Lovren and not play him he will certainly start as a first choice.

I hope Saints would laugh at a lowly combined bid of 30-35 they certainly should.
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2014, 10:04:55 PM »

36M for the Pair.

Both parties Happy.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2014, 10:05:54 PM »

The most important player at Southampton is your manager. If he goes I would be worried. I'm very confident you could lose Shaw, Lallana and Lovren and not be close to relegation. I don't know the financial position of Southampton, but guessing they have to be relatively prudent... If you do get £60-70m for those three it's enough to get good replacements and secure the club financially in the medium term. If Southampton get offered £40m+ for the two it should be snapped off imo.
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2014, 10:09:05 PM »

rio's 'potential' at his age was on another level to Lovren's... he had unique attributes in terms of pace, balance, composure etc which are very rare in a defender. It's like when United signed Rooney or City signed Aguero, you knew with a high degree of confident these we're going to be top level players. Lovren cannot be compared to Rio, solid defender though he is.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2014, 10:14:20 PM »

I am not comparing him to Rio

There was endless articles and comment at the time that his price was silly for a defender.

If Lovren plays a part at Liverpool for the next 4-6 seasons which based on his career so far he should then 20 million will be good value as mentioned earlier he wil still have a resale value of sorts then as well
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2014, 10:42:35 PM »

Gooners are in for almost everyone according to the media.

One of them is Wilfried Bony and I wouldn't mind him.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2014, 11:04:35 PM »

Bony would be an excellent buy for them, really think he'd score a bucketload for a big team. He's had an amazing season when you look at how woeful Swansea were for most of it.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2014, 11:40:35 PM »

rio's 'potential' at his age was on another level to Lovren's... he had unique attributes in terms of pace, balance, composure etc which are very rare in a defender. It's like when United signed Rooney or City signed Aguero, you knew with a high degree of confident these we're going to be top level players. Lovren cannot be compared to Rio, solid defender though he is.

i havent compared him to rio just his age is same as rio

rio went for silly money 12 years ago lovern isnt worth that even in todays money but you said he ISNT 20, no he is 25 a much better age to buy a defender ready for the team without loaning him out for 3-4 years

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2014, 11:56:49 PM »

Word is £20+ is too much for Lallana (agree) and we're seriously looking at Shiquiri at around £7m less.

Would like Lovren though.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: