blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:25:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  £15 million Scoop 6, Saturday 24th May. The Fighting Fifth.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: £15 million Scoop 6, Saturday 24th May. The Fighting Fifth.  (Read 49742 times)
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2014, 09:56:46 PM »

thanks, sent the money to your bank

Got it, cheers

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2014, 10:16:44 PM »

Goodwood looks certain to be near heavy.  It is soft already and has rain forcast much of the night.  Don't know if an abandonment is possible?

Haydock looks soft already to me too.  Just looked at the rain radar on the met office site.

Catterick should be getting heavy rain about now on that radar. so guess that wil be near soft too.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
hollbeck

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2014, 10:18:50 PM »

wont put anymore up but Showboating can definitely win the 2nd leg if they go to quick.
treefella

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2014, 10:25:43 PM »

race times suggest its not that soft Haydock although showers are forecast tomorrow.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2014, 10:28:46 PM »

race times suggest its not that soft Haydock although showers are forecast tomorrow.

Fred will be out watering the course

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2014, 10:29:23 PM »

Looking at the radar, it must have rained there quite a bit after racing?  Anybody got a garden to jump up and down in?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 23, 2014, 10:32:26 PM »

Knobright watered earlier in the week

Before racing today believe it or not he called it FIRM Smiley Smiley

After one race he changed that to good

Martin Lane on twitter tonight said

"its soft already and slippy"

Watering on firm ground with loads of rain forecast really is as dumb as it gets even for Kirkland
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 23, 2014, 10:35:37 PM »

Knobright watered earlier in the week

Before racing today believe it or not he called it FIRM Smiley Smiley

After one race he changed that to good

Martin Lane on twitter tonight said

"its soft already and slippy"

Watering on firm ground with loads of rain forecast really is as dumb as it gets even for Kirkland

Reminds me of the old Spike Milligan joke:

I tried water polo once, but my horse drowned.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
hollbeck

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 23, 2014, 10:48:08 PM »

it rained steadily since 5 here
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 23, 2014, 11:13:01 PM »

redarmi and me normally pay together and he was due to pay but he isn't interested in donating any more.  I should probably be the same but can't resist another go at donating £150.  I don't have Dan's bank det's.  Can anyone send me them so i can transfer?  I will be online for a couple more hours tonight if someone could help me out and transfer for me and i will snap transfer to you.  Cheers in advance.  Not sure if Dan is going to be around

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 23, 2014, 11:16:32 PM »

will do it for you.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 23, 2014, 11:22:10 PM »

cheers doobs.  Will send £150 to same bank account as you used for the first week of the scoop 6? That ok?

£150 sent doobs.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 11:23:50 PM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 23, 2014, 11:24:46 PM »

Can Dan confirm he has received from doobs and doobs received from me.  Sorry if this has messed up the perm.  Hopefully it will allow you to enter another marginal horse.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 23, 2014, 11:30:22 PM »

Can Dan confirm he has received from doobs and doobs received from me.  Sorry if this has messed up the perm.  Hopefully it will allow you to enter another marginal horse.

I have sent, yours isn't showing yet, but no panic yet.  I know you are good for it.

I haven't got far through yet, so perm size not a problem yet

Edit. can confirm received money
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 11:49:41 PM by Doobs » Logged

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2014, 12:05:14 AM »

Leg 1: 2:05 Haydock
The draw doesn't help much here now, as they usually all come down the middle. Discussiontofollow did well to get as close at Windsor last month on a rail night from a horror draw, and has to go in. I'm backing him tonight at 7-1. Make him clear favourite. I'd be worried about the ease in the ground for  Muthmir (hard puller who's drawn on the wing) and would be least keen on him among those at the top of the market. Run With Pride had been backed from 8-1 to 4-1 before being taken out on a vet's certificate early in the month, so Shaw obv thinks he's fairly handicapped.

Leg 2: 2:50 Catterick
Good to soft is normally the cut-off point for jockeys re: whether they stick to the inside or come wide. I'd be inclined to think they'll come wide, though, after recent rain, and would be focussing on prominent-racers drawn high. Dr Red Eye is almost certain to lead from 2 but he's in no form and liable to set the race up for something. Hadaj goes in from 11. Our Boy Jack has run well twice here on faster ground than ideal and I'd stick him in too from 10.

Leg 3: 2:55 Goodwood
Stall 12 would have been an offputter with Mindurownbusiness had the ground been fast but it's fine on slower and this one has the potential to start short.

Leg 4: 3:10 Haydock
No real opinions here.

Leg 5: 3:25 Catterick
Stick to the obvious.

Leg 6: 3:45 Haydock
This is usually a race for those at the head of the market, ideally from a low draw. Bilimbi, What About Carlo and Born In Bombay pretty much pick themselves from three of the bottom four stalls.

Rigged, Mindyourownbusiness out.  Coincidence that he was likely starting short?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: