blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:05:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Stuart Rutter WSOP package, at 1.05
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stuart Rutter WSOP package, at 1.05  (Read 38845 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 14, 2014, 12:44:25 AM »

Great run. Congrats.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2014, 12:45:11 AM »

Unlucky Stu, great run and great thread.

Here's to hoping you go even better next year, you deserve it.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 14, 2014, 12:45:27 AM »

Great run. Congrats.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 14, 2014, 12:50:50 AM »

Managed to grab this snap before I left for home!

Click to see full-size image.

Top effort stu, congrats to you and your backers the updates have been awesome. Hope you treat yourself this evening to a beer or three.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 14, 2014, 04:15:35 AM »

59th place. More coming.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 14, 2014, 05:20:24 AM »

World Series Main Event Day 6

As you can imagine, there are a range of emotions still leaving their mark on me a few hours after an unimproved   vs   left me departing in 59th place; Disappointment, happiness, and just a sheer tiredness that hid for six days, only to suddenly hit without mercy when the adrenalin stopped.

However, what I did not imagine is that the strongest emotion by far is just what a whole lot of fun it was. As the days went on, it felt more like a group of people sharing a journey, than it did a competitive contest. It was actually the sense of fun that I had to block out most when at the table. At the point in day five where just a 30,000 big blind represented a player in the tournament and their crushed dream, you realised just how important each single decision was. This was no time to let the fun take over too much.

The other thing to block out was of course the enormity of what days of good luck had allowed, and just what was at stake. Strangely, this did not become harder with time. It peaked during the twenty minute wait to be all-in on the bubble, and thereafter, kindly subsided. By about dinner break on day five, a surrealness takes over. There is no no need any more to remind yourself  that you are just playing poker, and can only do your best. For reasons I don't quite know, that feeling naturally kicks in. My heart rate could not have risen any more anyway since that bubble moment, but it surprised me how easily it slowed.

Only the tournament breaks are cruel; twenty minutes, and with a dwindling number of friends still around, nothing to do but think. Thinking on day six of the main event is not to be advised. You take in what is happening, and the fact that the poker decisions you are about to make will be the most important ones you ever have done. I generally took my seat about 8 minutes before I needed to; back to the fun, less of the thinking.

The mercy of today was that there just weren't many decisions to make. Nothing to dwell on for months to come, nothing to have to forgive myself for. Day six was the day when poker reality struck, and a more familiar tournament experience reappeared. Completely card dead (I was of course due that kind of day), and even a lack of spots to try to forge chips without cards. The bad news started with the table draw. Everyone was young, confident, and bred from the internet.  

After that, it was unfortunately a case of death by ante. The young Spaniard Andoni Larrabe was playing too many hands and threw in a slight hesitation before raising, and so I three-bet him cutoff vs hijack with   two spades. That was my only real success of 3 hours of play. I myself was 3-bet twice, and decided to give up. I don't think I missed any opportunities to turn things round; I hope not.

Down to 600,000 after the first hour, the true move-in or fold began. At that point, I picked up two cards almost every time that would have made for a great start in the deuce to seven event, but made things tough now. It felt painful to blind down, but at the same time, a lack of hands wasn't enough of an excuse to open up ranges in some kind of desperation. Soon, hope arose. I found ace-king, and a caller. Sadly, he also had ace-king. Then, the dearth continued, and by the break I was down to 270,000.

We came back to 30,000-60,000(10,000), and I entered the red zone when in the big blind. Down to 240,000, I would have the odds to call off with alot of hands, and felt I did do with   when the hi-jack opened. He had   ; I had hope, but that hope was decimated as the flop fell   . A five on the turn meant that I was shaking hands before the river card was dealt. For five minutes, I felt devastated. I maybe wasn't too far away from a little tear. I can't imagine how the guy who finishes in tenth will feel.

However, things changed after five minutes. The fun was over, but the happy memories kicked in. They will last for a long time.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 05:24:58 AM by easypickings » Logged
teamonkey

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 14, 2014, 07:18:22 AM »

Great write up Stu.

Now im hoping I'll be in a financial situation where I can contribute to next years mixed games package.

incredible run mate.

Enjoy yourself a small drink
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 14, 2014, 07:20:56 AM »

Congrats Stu, & wonderfully written Reports.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 14, 2014, 07:56:33 AM »

Great write up sir and well done.

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 14, 2014, 08:31:41 AM »

Just Awesome

Satellite King
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 14, 2014, 08:38:01 AM »

Congrats...see they've updated your HMob already Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 14, 2014, 09:01:11 AM »

Congrats and well done, your reports are written like we are living the dream with you. Hope you cherish the wonderful experience.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 14, 2014, 09:37:16 AM »

Thanks for spending time to do the write ups Stu - great run and well done.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 14, 2014, 09:43:57 AM »

Thanks for spending time to do the write ups Stu - great run and well done.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 14, 2014, 10:02:43 AM »

Awesome run Stu WP !

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: